Beyond Reality discussion

Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > 2009-08 Mistborn: initial thoughts *no spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Please post here if you're still reading the novel, or if you're planning to read it.

(And a general note for this discussion: I will make a thread for discussion of the next 2 books in the trilogy later. Please make sure not to post spoilers for books 2 and 3 in other threads - I'm sure many people, like myself, haven't read the entire trilogy yet.)

message 2: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3083 comments Mod
I will be reading this book when I finish Consider Phlebas.

message 3: by Elena (new)

Elena | 19 comments I look forward to reading the book since it has been in my to-read list for months. I will start it in a couple of weeks, second on my list this month.

message 4: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 1003 comments I read this book at least a year ago, and will be following the discussion as I can.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) I read this earlier this year....I actually just started The Well of Ascension

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (sisimka) I'm about halfway through Mistborn and though I am enjoying it, there is something about it that bothers me. I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps it's the indispersed comments that I take to be reflections of the Lord Ruler (I find them distracting). I also find the characters to be somewhat flat. Although Vin is 'coming of age' - it's all very predictable so far.

What I do like, so far, is the magic system. And the whole environment, the ashmounts and falls. I wonder if we'll find out what happened to this world to make it so alien.

Also, this book is so long - considering it's the first installment of a trilogy, I feel it's too long and detailed. The action is very slow.