Book Haven discussion

Series > Dark Hunters Series

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I LOVE this series. It was my first PNR series that I can recall totally loving the characters, world creation, plot, romance and so forth. I am re-reading it starting in May 2009.

with me reading an average of 2-3 books a week it is harder than I thought re-reading my fave series but I enjoy the few pages I get in a week. Takes me back to that first feeling of awe and discovery.

message 2: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) I am behind in this series, but I love it too. I think it's the same for me, it's the first series where I really got into the the whole world, the characters, etc. I am a big Acheron fan. :3

message 3: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) And Simi. lol

message 4: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 452 comments I love this series too!(Well what I have read so far) I really need to get back into the series.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I was able to get ahold of like 10 books in a row. That helped me stay focused on the Dark Hunters and really get immersed in the world. Instead of hopping back and forth every few months when I was able to get back to it.

message 6: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 778 comments I've read two books so far and I like them. They're quick reads but they're entertaining. And they're sexy without being overdone. I'm definately going to have to check out some more of the series.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Yes. I'd recommend them to someone just breaking into PNR. B/c the sex is hot but sweet. The world is interesting and I love the characters!

message 8: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy I absolutely LOVE this series!! I have read the first 10 a helluva lot of times! The New Orleans gang is the best! LOL

message 9: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) I LOVE this series too. I don't care that almost every story has the same outline: guy trying to be alone, falls for girl, girl changes him, he's saved.LOL
Anyway, I read the first howevermany books before Acheron in about two months. Then I had to wait for Acheron to come out and that was HARD! It was a fantastic read!
This was also my first real PNR series besides Anita Blake (and she's not ALL about the romance more than the sex). Love me some Dark & Were-Hunters!!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I know its pretty formulaic but the world creation is so unlike other PNR. That's what keeps me reading [and re-reading:] the DH series.

message 11: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) Absolutely...I wasn't usually one for mythology but reading these books made me want to learn more!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Actually I have not done any real research into Atlantis, Greeks mythos or Olympia but if it comes on Discovery or the History channel I won't change it now, lol.

I also recommend Alyssa Day's Warriors of Poseidon series. She has her own take on Atlantean warriors fighting vampires. There are shifters too! I am up to book 5 or 6. There are novellas so I can't be for sure of the book # lol.

message 13: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) Ohhhh Kenjii that sounds good!! I'll add them to my (long) list!!!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Elvia: Alyssa Day is different Sherrilyn Kenyon. Hard to compare the two other than the fact they both create the most hunk-a-licous Warriors.

message 15: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) Isn't that enough? lol

message 16: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy Kenjii, I've seen those books a few times here and there at used book stores. I've been meaning to pick them up eventually. Should I start at book one?

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Chasidy: Since the story builds from one book to the next I'd say start with book one. If your not too concerned about the underlying plot then I'd say it'd be OK to read the books as stand alone.

I read the novellas out of order and did not feel too lost. I just had to recall the character they referenced as opposed to the entire history of the series.

message 18: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) I am loving Bad Moon Rising because it takes you back to almost the beginning...starts fresh and you get to see what happened behind the scenes of the previous books. Freakin' great!
Chasidy, Kenjii is absolutely right. You don't HAVE to read them in order. I actually started with book 6 before I realized it was part of a series (given to me by my aunt). I went back and read them all in order after that.

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 244 comments I would say read them in order too. DH is one of my favorite series. It's just so much better from the begining.

message 20: by Karyn (new)

Karyn (honestbutevil) | 37 comments I've only read 3 of them so far and completely out of order. The plan was to get them as and when I found them and then keep them until I had some sort of order but I have the patience of a hyper active gnat so that didn't work. The new plan seems to be get them and spend about an hour and half ignoring everyone and everything around me. As plans go I don't think it's the worst.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic LOL Karyn well you can read them as you get them and re-read them in order as you get them in order. They are worth the re-read too =D

message 22: by Karyn (new)

Karyn (honestbutevil) | 37 comments I got a delivery of 8 Dark Hunter books today. I'm so happy!!!

message 23: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 452 comments Enjoy Karyn!