Comments (showing 1-50 of 154) (154 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 917 comments Mod
Nook price: FREE
Amazon/Kindle price 99 cents

***** The Thread is now open gang********

message 2: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I won't start reading until April 1. I'll be discussing after that.

message 3: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Okay, no one said that you had to read it right away. Geeze-Louise Everybody, one good thing is that this thread is open until March 2018.

message 4: by Laima (new)

Laima | 10 comments Got mine for free - great choice :)

message 5: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (Kristismo-DrRhonda) | 30 comments STEPHANIE. Thank you so much for being a moderator who is always on the ball. Sharing where to get the book or ebook,as well as the lowest price available. Given that we all and you as well don't have the time to research the information is so appreciated by me and all. Those that complain that you have too many comments don't have to read them. Those of us who appreciate your info prefer the you that shared info.

Be well. And Thank You got all.

Dr Rhonda

message 6: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 6 comments Hi all. I got it for free on Amazon. Maybe the price depends on the country... I'm in Argentina.

message 7: by stephanie, MOD (new)

WELCOME ARGENTINA....

message 8: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Thank You my friend Dr. Rhonda is IN THE HOUSE YA'LL

message 9: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) stephanie wrote: "Okay, no one said that you had to read it right away. Geeze-Louise Everybody, one good thing is that this thread is open until March 2018."

Oh I know that Stephanie *S* I was just saying. It's my "thing" to not begin a book until the first of the month but I am looking forward to this.

message 10: by Laima (new)

Laima | 10 comments Rhonda wrote: "STEPHANIE. Thank you so much for being a moderator who is always on the ball. Sharing where to get the book or ebook,as well as the lowest price available. Given that we all and you as well don't h..."

Yes indeed, Stephanie is a terrific moderator!! Really enjoy the group.

message 11: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Karen B is up and going....Yep, this book I like because it opens up with kids, or a kid, but will chat over the weekend about this...Happy reading ladies and gents

message 12: by Chris (last edited Mar 31, 2017 09:57AM) (new)

Chris | 536 comments I found the book on my Kindle and I believe that I got it for free also but I think I would pay 99 cents for it. Hell I spend more than a buck on coffee when I buy it at the store.

Jimmie you're being quiet.

message 13: by Betsy (last edited Apr 07, 2017 10:33AM) (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 212 comments Stephanie MOD mentions that the book starts off w/ kids and I liked that too !! The kids were having snowball battles and playing kick the can (which some of us remember, eh?).
To me, it made them seem like believable teens doing what kids do.

I do hope that Richard joins in b/c I have some questions for him like.... HOW does an author know how/where to begin?
What is it that gets an author started? Do you guys have any ideas?

message 14: by Jimmie (new)

Jimmie | 187 comments I'm looking forward to reading Frozen Past, so much so I somehow ended up with the e-book on my Nook and Kindle.

Chris, I have been out of the country for work, but I'm back and ready to dive into the discussion. I finished the book Twisted on the plane.

message 15: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Good to see you back Jimmie.

message 16: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Hi everyone. I just ordered my copy for free on kindle. It looks good. Looking forward to reading!

message 17: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Well I couldn't resist and started reading it today and am about 25% in.

message 18: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 212 comments Someone is clearly stalking Ellie. Her dog Bentley is found SPOILER decapitated and she is horrified ! She got a "Friend Request" from a Wm. Smith (alias) saying, "Tell no one, or you're next."
To me, stalking is so creepy as I'm not sure what thrills they get from the stalking since there is no encounter; it's just a watching game, eh ?

message 19: by Farshana (new)

Farshana | 23 comments Got it free too!!

message 20: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Couldn't put it down and finished it after midnight. The suspense kept me going.

message 21: by stephanie, MOD (new)

How come I seem to be the only one who remembers a case about 2 years ago, where these 2 grown guys put a head in a frozen pond, and scared folks when they walked by. I have to google it because I remember, it hit the news here.

message 22: by Laima (new)

Laima | 10 comments Karen B. wrote: "Couldn't put it down and finished it after midnight. The suspense kept me going."

Great to hear!! Love books like that.

message 23: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 6 comments I don't recall having read a suspense story with kids/teenagers being the main characters.
I've just finished chapter 4 and so far, the story makes me remember a TV series called Pretty Little Liars *** SPOILER *** where the teenagers agree not to call the police and stick together instead.
I wonder why the book is called "Frozen past, a Jaxon Jennings series". Is Jaxon Jennings a detective that might appear later in the book?

message 24: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Natalia wrote: "I don't recall having read a suspense story with kids/teenagers being the main characters.
I've just finished chapter 4 and so far, the story makes me remember a TV series called Pretty Little Lia..."

Jackson will make his appearance later on.

message 25: by Chris (new)

Chris | 536 comments This book sounds awfully familiar to something I have read or a movie I have seen.

message 26: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Yes, and it was a movie about these boys..a tad bit of STAND BY ME...

message 27: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I had some difficulty with the beginning but I don't want to elaborate because of spoilers but I will talk about it later.

message 28: by Chris (new)

Chris | 536 comments I am so glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. I will try to get more reading done tonight. I hate when I am so tired that I can't read.

message 29: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Chris, don't stress yourself in reading, that's why you have 11 whole months...

message 30: by Chris (last edited Apr 02, 2017 05:14PM) (new)

Chris | 536 comments I like being in discussions especially when my favorite people are reading the book too. I do have 6% of the book read.

message 31: by Jim (last edited Apr 03, 2017 05:25PM) (new)

Jim Crocker | 485 comments Hey, y'all! I'm here, too. This book sounds like it's a winner already. I haven't started it yet, but I am now quite excited about it. I downloaded my FREEE copy off Amazon a while ago. So nobody is getting rich off of this one. But Richard has a gazillon other books listed on his website that look like killers, too. My BOTM page for Frozen Past is up and freeezing at this moment. Check it out: http://botm.blackdogebooks.com/

message 32: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Hey there Jim, I thought you were stuck in a blizzard or something. We are do in for one tonight well into tomorrow or Wednesday, so I guess our weather goes in with this book....

message 33: by Chris (new)

Chris | 536 comments While reading the book at first I thought the time frame was like maybe the 70s but since cell phones are being used it is set 30+ years from then. This book really has mean wondering wth is going to happen next to these kids.

message 34: by stephanie, MOD (new)

I like the first part how the book set out about a boy who likes a girl who isn't giving him the time of day regarding the love.

message 35: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I thought she did like him at the beginning ... as a friend.

message 36: by stephanie, MOD (last edited Apr 04, 2017 08:38AM) (new)

As a friend....Be he liked her more than that,,thats what I was talking about.

message 37: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) she was the first to come out with the "more than as a friend". I think they both had the same feelings toward each other from the get go.

message 38: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Today is a snowball day, so I will be headed out to throw a snowball. have a great day members...

message 39: by Chris (new)

Chris | 536 comments I kind of thought it was cute that they liked each especially since he was always sticking his foot in his mouth. Good to know that things haven't changed.

message 40: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 485 comments Okay, I'm still wondering if we will find out what happened to Stewy!

message 41: by Chris (new)

Chris | 536 comments I wanna know what happened to George.

message 42: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 485 comments Maybe he's with Bentley! After all, yunno what they always say...Two heads are better than one!

message 43: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Richard Hale
to:

stephanie Knowledge is POWER
subject:
re: Frozen

Thank you for the invite and I'm honored your group decided to give Frozen Past a go this month. I'd love to participate... as long as everyone is nice. Ha ha. Let me know what you need from me and if I need to be added to a group to join the discussion, let me know.

Thanks again!

Richard C Hale
Author of the Jaxon Jennings Thrillers

message 44: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) yippee the author is coming!

message 45: by Jimmie (new)

Jimmie | 187 comments I'm 25% into the book. I like the character development of Frozen Past. This book reminds me of a combination of Stand By Me, as mentioned by Mod Stephanie, and Stranger Things, the Netflix craze of last year.

message 46: by Betsy (last edited Apr 07, 2017 10:32AM) (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 212 comments I share your enthusiasm, Karen, as I learn so much more when the author participates in our discussion .

Question, Richard.... Jim mentioned "Stewy".... Stuart Littleton was killed 27 years ago and would be 39 at this time. This seems bizarre to me. WHY keep his body frozen all this time? For what purpose? Help us out here.

message 47: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) i am curious about that too Betsy. Except it somehow ties in with Jaxson's son too. i want to get the connections straightened out in my own mind.

message 48: by Cortez (new)

Cortez III | 27 comments Here's my spoilers included review of Frozen Past: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

I don't see any additional threads for discussion yet so I just posted the link.

message 49: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Hey there Cortez, this thread is fine to post what you thought of the book.

message 50: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 485 comments So I totally loved Chap. 6 where they created George the dummy and hide him in the pool. You just knew this prank was gonna go south in a big way. Of course this reminds me of terrible stuff we got away with when I was in junior high school. These days pranks can get you killed and are not advised. A German exchange student here a few years back was suckered into a garage pilfering event and then killed by the homeowner with three blasts from a shotgun. This case will probably go to the Supreme Court. Thing was entrapment was evolved and lethal force was unnecessary.

« previous 1 3 4