« previous 1

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10025 comments Mod
Talk about it, but dont spoil it!

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu So excited to read this :)

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

I plan on reading this as soon as I finish Dr Zhivago. Hopefully sometime early this coming week!!

message 4: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P | 172 comments I can't wait to finish this. I bought it before I realized it was a group read, so I was excited to see that it won! This will be my first group read book!

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

yay for that Morgan!

message 6: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 430 comments I just gave a girl at work this book, who was made curious by the movie coming out. She's reading it this weekend, and I'm hoping she loves it as much as I did. The movie looks like it might be good.

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (schaubchick) | 138 comments I'd been looking at this book for a while now, always thinking that I should buy it. Then, when it becomes the August selection I couldn't find it ANYWHERE!!! It was sold out here at home and in Jacksonville, NC (visiting sister). I had to advance reserve it for Barnes & NObles next shipment, picked it up Thursday morning. Plan to read it next week, after Child 44.

message 8: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Stacey, isnt that always the way??? See it everywhere when you arent in need of it, and its never around when you are...!

message 9: by Lu (last edited Aug 03, 2009 01:40PM) (new)

Lu On page 80 :) Loving it so far! But bed calls :(

message 10: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Im already about 40 pages in, only started it a little while ago... and Im liking it. Interesting in a confusing, need to know what the hell is going on, kinda way :)

message 11: by Candace (new)

Candace (candacerenee) My sister has been after me for a couple of years now to read this (she says its one of her top 5 books of all time). I'm already 400 pages in (so I won't tell anything! Promise!) and its absolutely FANTASTIC. Love it.

message 12: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

I think its quitting time for me tonite. I have been reading this on and off since about 4pm. Im already almost 200 pages in. I get wrapped up in the story and loose track of time.

I didn't know what I would think initially, but I really like it.

So many questions, but I am afraid of going into the spoilers thread for fear of being spoiled on other things... hee hee

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifertudor) This is my first group read with this group and I'm loving this book. I'm also doing a group read on the Tudors and have been really neglecting that book in favour of The Time Traveler's Wife. Looking forward to discussing :)

message 14: by Tanya (new)

Tanya D (mtlbookworm) | 188 comments Lori wrote: "I think its quitting time for me tonite. I have been reading this on and off since about 4pm. Im already almost 200 pages in. I get wrapped up in the story and loose track of time.

I didn't kno..."

Same here. I'm almost 200 pages in, and loving it so far (but pretty confused lol) I don't want to go into the spoiler thread for fear of finding out a bunch of stuff.

What with work and other things I probably won't get around to finishing it for another few days :(

message 15: by Jo (new)

Jo Im getting this book off ReaditSwapit, it got accepted today :) I have another group read to read first so i will read it after

message 16: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments I bought this recently and hope to start it soon. I've heard such good things. Hopefully I'll get to it next week :)

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I plan on listening to this during a road trip this coming weekend. :)

message 18: by Alycia (new)

Alycia (alyciac) | 2907 comments I'm on the waiting list on my library. Can't wait to get ahold of it!

message 19: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Yay... I finished it. Im off to the spoilers thread now!!!

message 20: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P | 172 comments Its really good so far. I am around page 160. I am going to take it with me on vacation. It will be a good read on the beach. :-)

message 21: by Tanya (new)

Tanya D (mtlbookworm) | 188 comments I just finished it as well :)

Off to the spoiler thread for me :P

message 22: by Tara (new)

Tara I'm number 96 on my library's waiting list... but they ordered a handful more copies, so hopefully I can get my hands on it sooner!

message 23: by Tanya (new)

Tanya D (mtlbookworm) | 188 comments Tara wrote: "I'm number 96 on my library's waiting list... but they ordered a handful more copies, so hopefully I can get my hands on it sooner!"

Lol- #96? Ouch! Yeah... I was very lucky in that my friend was able to lend me the book, otherwise I would have been waiting forever!

Or I would have just broken down and bought it...

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifertudor) I just finished it :)

message 25: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 508 comments I just started this and so far so good. I want to read it in time to go see the movie.

message 26: by Felina (new)

Felina I'm 350 pages into this book and so far it is excellent. I really really really want to go to the spoilers page. Hopefully by this weekend. *fingers crossed*

Yvette (hooked on the nook) (yjacobs99) I am 200 pages into this book and I find it very interesting so far. I like the interaction with the different characters. I can't wait to find out what happens next...

message 28: by Eve (new)

Eve | 41 comments Just started reading yesterday and loved it... it's hard being at work, knowing that there's a book at home waiting for you to read it :)

message 29: by Monica (new)

Monica (monnieh722) I started it last night. I am an a little more than half way done with it. I am a secretary at an in door pool and when it was a shift change between the life guards I got to an emotional part. I am sitting at the desk crying and a couple of my lifeguards were all concerned thinking something happened! One of them asked if my fiance dumped me! It was cute!

I can't wait to finish it. I should have it all done by tomorrow. I am scared that I will be disappointed when the movie come out. I love Rachael McAdems.

message 30: by Monica (new)

Monica (monnieh722) Well.. I finised it. It was amazing. And I cried again. Except this time I was walking on a tredmill at the gym LOL

message 31: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Oh dear. Public crying... not a great thing when trying to work out, huh? Even though I didnt cry, it did tug at my heartstrings quite a bit....

message 32: by Jo (new)

Jo I am glad you told me it made you cry in public! I was gonna read it at work but maybe i will save it for home!

message 33: by Monica (new)

Monica (monnieh722) ha Aw! Well everyone is different! I would say that the book is on the same emotional level as My Sister's Keeper.

message 34: by Jo (new)

Jo I havent read that but i saw the trailer to the movie and it looks like it would be quite a tear jerker!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading it now before I watch the movie. The trailer was a tear-jerker. I'm excited to see it. Can't wait! ;)

message 36: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilasbooks) The film seem to have received good reviews although I still haven't actually read a whole review out of fear XD I have to wait until end of October to see it here :(

I really love this book but it took a while to get into it. First time I borrowed it from the library, I only read a few pages before giving up. But then I gave it another chance another day and it sucked me in completely.

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 215 comments I started it the other day and even continued it last night when there was no electricity (but it was too darn hot, so I had to fall asleep), but I'm totally loving it & can't wait to finish (hopefully before the movie comes out tomorrow)

message 38: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ahol15) | 3 comments I'm about 60 pages in so far, and i like it... but i've definitely have to keep a close mind of what is going on else i get confused... it took me about 40 pages to kind of understand the time traveling... i can't wait to finish it and go to the spoilers section! =]

message 39: by Jo (new)

Jo I started reading The Time Travelers Wife last night. The first few bits confused me but i am getting into the rythm now

message 40: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) I finally picked up a copy of the book today...I'm currently re-reading FOTR and The Little Prince but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to start reading it in the next day or so =)

message 41: by Amanda (last edited Aug 18, 2009 12:45PM) (new)

Amanda  (amandanoel) I started reading this before I even joined this group...I was so excited when I saw that it was one of the group reads...I finished it a few days ago and quickly returned it to the library since there is a waiting list a mile long for it...I loved the book...I giggled and cried...such a great read!! I can't wait to see the movie now to see if it does the book justice!!

message 42: by Felina (new)

Felina Did anybody see Rachel McAdams on The Daily Show last week? She was promoting the movie and she totally gave away a lot of major plot points. It was hilarious. Jon kept giving her crap about it.

message 43: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Felina wrote: "Did anybody see Rachel McAdams on The Daily Show last week? She was promoting the movie and she totally gave away a lot of major plot points. It was hilarious. Jon kept giving her crap about it."

I'm so glad that I didn't see it. The movie trailers give enough away.

message 44: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kgansor) | 310 comments i really wanna see the movie, ive heard multiple people say they loved it and went back to see it 2 or three times so far. I want to finish the book first though before i see the movie.

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I loved this book -- it was fun and it felt good to read. Really, I loved the texture of the paper and it was a pleasure to turn every page. It was a selection a while back for my monthly book group. Can't wait to see what others think!

Lisa

message 46: by Jo (new)

Jo I loved the texture of the paper too! Its great! I dont want to see the movie at the cinema if its going to make me cry lol

message 47: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Just finished last night and loved it! Can't wait to see the movie.

message 48: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kgansor) | 310 comments I'm over half way through it now, I am hoping to have it finished by the end of the weekend so that I can go see it next week, or weekend.
I've had several people go see it and then go back three or four more times, so im very excited.

message 49: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

3 or 4 times in the movie theater to see it? Really? That's sooo much money!

message 50: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kgansor) | 310 comments yeah, i know. I want to wait until its at the drivein, which i believe will be next weekend.

« previous 1