2019 Reading Challenge discussion

Chocolat (Chocolat, #1)
This topic is about Chocolat
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2017 > Chocolat

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2216 comments This thread is to discuss Joanne Harris‘s book, Chocolat.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Taylor R, Mindy

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2216 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 76.5
Week 2: 76.5
Week 3: 76.5
Week 4: 76.5

message 3: by Taylor C (new) - added it

Taylor C | 454 comments Just downloaded my copy today! :)

message 4: by Mindy (new) - added it

Mindy Jones (Mindyrecycles) | 318 comments Me too!

message 5: by Mindy (new) - added it

Mindy Jones (Mindyrecycles) | 318 comments Have you started, Taylor? I had committed first to Scarlet Letter, and once I finish that, I'll start Chocolat. I'm a little behind on all my reading. My daughter was in a serious car accident two weeks ago so I haven't been able to focus on anything but her. She's doing better now, though. :-) Her worst injury is a broken pelvis so she still needs a walker until that heals, but she's come a long way!

message 6: by Taylor C (new) - added it

Taylor C | 454 comments Not yet. I as well have had some family concerns come up so I put my reading on hold. I've been too tired to read. My goal is to read 6 books a month. I might just have to stick with this one. :) I'll most likely start it tomorrow or Tuesday.

message 7: by Mindy (new) - added it

Mindy Jones (Mindyrecycles) | 318 comments Oh no...I hope things start looking up for you soon. Yes, reading goals have to go when the family needs us.

Mindy

message 8: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2216 comments Sorry to hear both your families are experiencing difficult times! Sending good thoughts to both of you!

message 9: by Mindy (new) - added it

Mindy Jones (Mindyrecycles) | 318 comments I feel like such an idiot. I bought the Audible version of this and as I was loading it today, I noticed it was both abridged and in German! And it's the only version Audible has. I do have the print from the library but I know I won't finish this month. I can start it, though, Taylor, if you don't mind part of the discussion bleeding into May? Let me know, and sorry about this.

message 10: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2216 comments I am moving this discussion to the May Buddy Reads folder. I hope May goes better for both of you and your families!

message 11: by Mindy (new) - added it

Mindy Jones (Mindyrecycles) | 318 comments Thank you, Mary Pat!

message 12: by Mindy (new) - added it

Mindy Jones (Mindyrecycles) | 318 comments Taylor, do you still want to read Chocolat?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Chocolat (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joanne Harris (other topics)