I'm Trying to Get a Book Published! discussion

Writers A-G! > Amber [:

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Hello, I'm Amber, 14 and I LOVE 2 write, and readdd :D

Hopeee you like it ;p

http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/2...

message 2: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 49 comments Hi, am... sure i liked your writings.
always keep what you wrote. and thank you for your comment on every my writing. =D

message 3: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments You're welcome.

And thanks CJ!

message 4: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 49 comments with my pleasure ^^)

message 5: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Lol :DDD

Ohh, and I love all your poems and writing, theirr amazing.

message 6: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 49 comments thank you,
experience teach me about life. ^^)

message 7: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments No problem, I only tell the truth.

[:

message 8: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 49 comments *blushed*
>.<

message 9: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Ahaaa!

message 10: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 49 comments Hi am.. thank you or reading my new story
and the comment. im enjoying your story too, but im sorry if i didn't take some comment cuz, i need a long time to understand a story in english version, lolz, you know that i have a poor language.

BUT, I WILL.... ^^) waiting.

message 11: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Lmao, you don't have to comment, it's okay [:

And you're welcome I enjoy all your writing so it's no biggie lol :D

message 12: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 49 comments i did... i like Hartley... =)

message 13: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Haha, I do too, only if he was real >:D
XD

message 14: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Ohh, and thank you alot :D

message 15: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 49 comments same^ =)

message 16: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Well I really needa get to bed, it's 514.

Thats what I get for to much coffee!

Good night [:

Ttyl!

message 17: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) Hi Amber, I read your story about Hartley and Dahlia. It almost read like poetry, the kind without rhyming. I could almost see it written out that way and it'd have a very interesting feel to it.

message 18: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Thanks, Rita.

I hoped you liked it [:

message 19: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 190 comments I'amber,

There are so many writers in this group and it takes time to read all the material. But you are next on my list of writers whose work I'm going to read. I'll be sure to post my comments on your thread.

message 20: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Kevis, thanks.

Looking forward to what you think of it [:

message 21: by Rita (last edited Aug 05, 2009 05:48AM) (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) Yes, Amber. I liked it. I hadn't realized that I hadn't actually said it.

I still think though that it would make a great epic poem. :D

message 22: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments 0_o Poems aren't my thing... I always mess them up >.<

Aha.

& I'm gald you like it, I was thinking about going back and making the chapters longer, but I not sure?

message 23: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) When I write, my first draft is really just a framework. Then I go back and add detail, flushing it out, bringing the story to life. But everybody does it differently.

However, I do recommend that you have your story done before you go back and edit. It's easier to edit when you know how it ends, and editing doesn't prevent you from finishing the story.

message 24: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Mmm, I know [:

I just havn't made my mind up yet...

message 25: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments I started a short story called 'Overwhelming of the heart.'

Just wanted to let you guys know :DD

message 26: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) Sounds like a cool story. I'm looking forward to reading it.

message 27: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Haha, thanks.

Let me noe what you think about it, I'm not that good at short stories.

message 28: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) I read it and liked it. I left a note on the story.

message 29: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Thanks, [:

It just kindof popped in my head and I have got to get use to writing short stories for school, I got cp e.g.

><

message 30: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) You could draw that second paragraph out. That is, if you wanted to make it longer. If you dramatize it, rather than making it a journal entry style story, it could really grow into a much larger work. But having it a journal entry kinda story is fine too.

message 31: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Oh, I wasn't done, lol.

XD

I havn't quite made my point in the story.

Always look for that 'undone' with my work becaasue if I'm not done with a chapter or short story I always put that at the end [:

Thanks for your supoort :D

message 32: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 190 comments Amber,

I've started reading your writing and have been enjoying it a lot. I'll make sure to leave my comments for you as I go through your writing. When I've read everything, I'll come back and post my thoughts for you here in your thread.

message 33: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Thanks, alot!

And oh, I'm done with 'touched by a angel' just to let you know, I just got done with it.

I've never been good at writing short stories so it's just something I'm giving a try and so in such.

message 34: by Kevis (last edited Aug 09, 2009 02:49AM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 190 comments I'amber. wrote: "I've never been good at writing short stories so it's just something I'm giving a try and so in such."

Amber,

You're being modest. That's okay. It's why you have people like me to brag for you! Your short story is great. It is well written and very moving. Of all the stories I've read so far from this group "Touched by an Angel" is among the most emotionally stirring pieces. From the very first sentence I was feeling the pain of the characters. That's no small feat by any measure. You should be proud of yourself.

I've got to go offline for a while. But as soon as I get a chance, I'll finish reading the rest of your work. It's been great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for me. Cheers!

message 35: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Thanks, and I mean it, thanks.

And also for taking time to read my stories!

message 36: by Paige (last edited Aug 09, 2009 01:56PM) (new)

Paige Miller | 43 comments Hey Amber! How are you? I've been in this group for a while, but I haven't said hey. So hey!

message 37: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 43 comments Great writing, by the way. I left reviews. :)

message 38: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Hello, I'm great, starting high skool tomorrow >:O

Lol, hbu?

And I seen, thanks!

message 39: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ooooh starting high school? i'm sorry. :( freshman year isn't too bad though. i'm starting junior year in, like, a month and i'm scared out of my mind. O_o

message 40: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) im starting sophmore year in like, fifteen days, and my sis is starting senior year in fifteen days 2

message 41: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ sophomore year wasn't so bad either ... about the same as freshman year. but everyone tells me that junior year is, like, a living nightmare. so i'm not very excited. haha.

message 42: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) Oh, that sucks. You all have my sympathies.

message 43: by I'amber (last edited Aug 10, 2009 01:57PM) (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments I just go back from high skewl now [:

It wasn't that bad, kinda funny >.<

However I alreay got a project in CP eng >:p

Only bad thing.

But my skewl is so uhm not put to together would be the best word?

That even my parents commented on it, which is uncommon.

I want to go Interlocken tho SO BAD.

But I scared if I apply, I won't get in ]:<

message 44: by I'amber (last edited Aug 10, 2009 03:14PM) (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments I started a new story, however I'm sure if I'mma keep this, or maybe rewrite it?

Help, because I don't think its that great, Idk, should I rewrite it or do away with it?

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/4...

I can take the truth ;D

-Also I don't have what its about yet, but basily Liam, is a faire king [evil one ;D:] I don't know what I shall call the lands yet idk, but Cam. is gifted witht he sight to see past the glamour which is rare in a human, which means her death [for reason I'll explain later...:] but then Liam falls in love with her :D

Thats as best as I can put it right now.

ALSO I'm done with my two short stories, I'll be working on another soon [:

message 45: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Does this sound like something you guys would read ->

description:
Seventeen year old Cole is going threw a hard time. His sister dying, dad constantly getting drunk and his mother never around. Looking for an escape Cole turn to drugs, and alcohol.

Cole's soul is in danger, in danger of being damned to hell, becoming the Devil's to keep.

It’s Andrew’s job to make sure that doesn’t happen, to pull him back over.

And it’s Lily’s job to make sure it does.

So what happens when an angel and demon cross paths? What happens when one is trying to save a soul, the other damning it to hell. Good vs. Evil. More than less what happens when they fall in love?

message 46: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) ooooooh sounds interesting, but there were a few grammar things...sorry, im just kinda picky

message 47: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments Mmm, thanks.

I'll fix all gammer later [;

I'll be deleting alot of my stories tonight, or tomorrow and maybe come back tot them later down the road, Idk.

So yeah.

message 48: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) I'd read it. The concept sounds interesting. It could really be played up well.

message 49: by Marise (new)

Marise Ghorayeb | 25 comments I'd read it too. Especially if you indicated there might be some humor.

message 50: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 113 comments I have some of it up now.

And thats where Lily comes in, Marise. [:

At least thats how I'm planing it, but sometimes when I write the story takes me in a diff path ><

So we'll see [:

« previous 1