Vampire Freaks discussion

Favorite Vampire Qaulities

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daydreemer5696 (last edited Dec 05, 2009 05:36PM) (new)

Daydreemer5696 (MulloGirl) | 10 comments I'm writing a vampire novel and wanted to know what eveyone's favorite qaulity is of vampires and wondering if anyone could share any advice. Is there anything i should be sue to put in? Anything I should just leave out? Should vampires be able to cry and should thier tears be blood?

message 2: by Cali (new)

Cali (calimoritz) I'm also writing a book about vamps and it's hard to decide what things they should have in common with the vampires of other stories and the original legends and what you should just not put in.

message 3: by Kisa (new)

Kisa Leave out not seeing you in a mirror. That made no since. Not Really.

Make them suck.

message 4: by Cali (new)

Cali (calimoritz) Suck blood? Well of course they're gonna suck blood, what kind of vamps would they be if they didn't???

And there is no way I'm gonna make my vamps sparkle.

message 5: by Lzz (last edited Aug 24, 2009 10:12PM) (new)

Lzz | 1 comments Honestly, authors can have their own twists on vampires or be somewhat old fashioned and basically use every known myth of vampires in a book... it's honestly more based on your tastes. Some authors make their vampires more human-like, some make them be able to walk in sunlight and not burst into flame, or others can make them sparkle. I would suggest reading some vampire books, old or new, and going from there and putting what you would want to see in a vampire book.

But my personal suggestion... don't make it full of mythical or fantasy stuff, basically don't overdue the fantasy parts. Those kind of books always confuse people...

message 6: by Daydreemer5696 (new)

Daydreemer5696 (MulloGirl) | 10 comments The Eastern European Legend is the one that vampires do not appear in mirrors and do not have a reflection and I agree that that is definently one I should leave out along with-and i do love the book Twilight-the sparkling.

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciaaltner) | 1 comments Vampires need blood to sustain them and they are by most definitions immortal. Other than that you can do whatever you want.

Good luck with your book!