Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

Chess Desalls
This topic is about Chess Desalls
2017 Archives > 2017 Chess Desalls, YA Author Showcase

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (last edited Mar 12, 2017 01:01PM) (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 369 comments Mod

Chess Desalls

Chess Desalls

The Call to Search Everywhen Box Set: The Call to Search Everywhen, Books 1 - 3

Read Calla and Valcas' full story in this collection of the first three books in The Call to Search Everywhen! More than 600 pages of YA time travel adventure inside the pages of the following full-length novels:

TRAVEL GLASSES (Book 1)
INSIGHT KINDLING (Book 2)
TIME FOR THE LOST (Book 3)

In TRAVEL GLASSES, Calla Winston falls into a world of worlds after meeting Valcas, a time traveler who traverses time and space with a pair of altered sunglasses. He offers his further protection in exchange for a promise. After learning that his search for her was no mere coincidence, she tracks down the inventor of the Travel Glasses in hopes of discovering more about Valcas’ past and motivations. With Valcas hot on her trail, Calla hopes to find what she’s looking for before he catches up.

In INSIGHT KINDLING, Calla faces charges against her for changing the past. Despite the risk of becoming lost, she accepts a dangerous travel mission that may help her find her father. She teams up with a group of talented travelers and discovers that she has a special travel talent of her own. But will that be enough to protect her and her teammates before they complete their mission?

TIME FOR THE LOST completes the story line of the first three books in the series. The travel team reunites for a mission they never saw coming: a journey to a world caught between life and death, and hidden within the deepest recesses of time. Ivory rediscovers a friend and Ray learns the meaning behind his tattoo. But the connections they make between travelers and the lost may twist the core of the Time and Space Travel Agency inside out.

message 2: by Chess (last edited Mar 14, 2017 02:20PM) (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Welcome, everyone! This is my third year participating in the B2BCycon, which means I have a new book to give away this year.

To enter* for a chance at a free ebook of Beacon, join the YAces book club here on Goodreads and reply to this message to let me know.

When Serah's life in Havenbrim becomes unbearable, she accepts an apprenticeship with a celestial mechanic and glazier. Her master assigns her the task of opening a globe framed in copper. But the glass and seal are unbreakable. The solution to the puzzle traps Serah inside the globe, and transports her to a world where she longs for home.

(*Giveaway void where prohibited or restricted by law.)

message 3: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Teaser graphic for my newest release! What do you think?

message 4: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Happy CyCon! Lantern (Lantern, #1) is *free* and Flash Tales: A Collection of Short Stories for Children is on pre-order for 99 cents!

message 5: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 162 comments I won one of your books last year and thought it was great, I really hope I win a different one this year. I joined the page!

message 6: by Chess (last edited Apr 08, 2017 08:25AM) (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Maddy wrote: "I won one of your books last year and thought it was great, I really hope I win a different one this year. I joined the page!"

Thank you, Maddy!

message 7: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Good morning, everyone, and happy B2BCyCon, year three!

I write time travel and contemporary fantasy books for young adults and children. http://chessdesalls.com/

message 8: by Chess (last edited Apr 07, 2017 06:57AM) (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments The YAces Indie Young Adult Book Club is reading Bookishly Ever After this month!

Join the group and let me know you did to enter for a chance at my latest Lantern novella, Beacon!

Link to Beacon Giveaway

message 9: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Clemons | 64 comments I love your books a lot since meeting you here ive gotten every single one you put out

message 10: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Belinda wrote: "I love your books a lot since meeting you here ive gotten every single one you put out"

You are seriously an A+ indie supporter, Belinda! Have an amazing CyCon weekend, and I hope you win lots more books.

message 11: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Clemons | 64 comments Chess wrote: "Belinda wrote: "I love your books a lot since meeting you here ive gotten every single one you put out"

You are seriously an A+ indie supporter, Belinda! Have an amazing CyCon weekend, and I hope..."

thank you

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 23 comments Hi Chess! Lovely booth as always. Since I'm already a group member of YAces and read everything you've written (because apparently my role here this year is the creepy stalker ;-p), I wil just have to patiently wait for your next book release.

message 13: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Christina wrote: "Hi Chess! Lovely booth as always. Since I'm already a group member of YAces and read everything you've written (because apparently my role here this year is the creepy stalker ;-p)"

Ha ha, thank you. Hi Christina! Have you found any new authors or books here that look particularly interesting? This con seriously has grown.

message 14: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Welcome to Day 2! I've been serializing my first book in a new series, Darker Stars (The Song of Everywhen, #1), on my blog.

This is a beta version I'm inviting everyone to read and critique before the next round of edits. Click on the mock cover below to start reading from the beginning! (I can't wait for the real cover art.)

message 15: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 162 comments This may not be the real cover but it still looks good.

message 16: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Maddy wrote: "This may not be the real cover but it still looks good."

Thanks! I do kind of like the font. :o)

message 17: by Chess (last edited Apr 08, 2017 05:52PM) (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Okay, friends, the Beacon giveaway ends tomorrow. I'll determine the winner using Random.org.

message 18: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (ChessDesalls) | 103 comments Congrats, Belinda! Looks like you got another of my books. :D