European Royalty discussion

History Group Reads > Evita: Overall (Potential Spoilers!)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Feel free to discuss anything about the book in this thread. If you (and others) are here, you (and they) have finished the book, so don't worry about posting spoilers. If you haven't finished the book, you may not want to read anything here yet!

message 2: by Sera (new)

Sera I finished this book earlier this week, and I enjoyed it very much. I am looking forward to the discussion once it begins.

Enjoy!

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments I'm not reading this one - too many others in the 'to-read' pile on my beside table! But I've seen the musical (movie) based on the book a dozen times and know all the songs by heart.
I'm having a hard time finding book club questions for this one!
Here's what I've got...

1. Why do you think Evita demand that very little be written about her early life?
2. Why do you think Evita was so driven to become a star? Was her marriage to Juan Peron part of that desire to be a star? What about the Rainbow Tour?
3. Evita has been described as "a petty, jealous and shallow woman - who also did remarkable good for Argentina's poor."
What do you think Evita's true character was?

message 4: by Sera (new)

Sera Hi, Mandy.

1. I think that Evita didn't want to be tied to her past, because it might impede her ability to make something of herself. Plus, I think that people who are mysterious in some way are more intriguing to others.

I would be curious to see what others thought who read this book. I'll circle back to chime in on the other questions when I have a chance.