Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Who here does Seminary?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanna but my school isn't offering it to my grade.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Why?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

*shrug*

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Seminary is amazing. Hopefully you'll be able to do it soon! My mom is the teacher for our ward :)

message 7: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
I did home school seminary my first year (the Old Testament), I went to seminary last year (the New Testament) and this year, since rides are impossible and I'm graduating and such, I'm doing the Book of Mormon from home, though it won't be accounted for.

message 8: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments I'm starting in less then a month!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I know me to!

message 10: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments I'm in Oklahoma so I do early morning seminary, It starts next week. Im excited, love seminary, but its early,6:30-7:20am and im not real excited about that part. im not a morning person,ugh!

message 11: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments I don't do it. I'm only twelve and i'm going into 8th Grade this year. Next Year, i'll be able to do. My older brother Does it. Him and I will be in highschool one year together, so he'll take me.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Lindsey wrote: "I'm in Oklahoma so I do early morning seminary, It starts next week. Im excited, love seminary, but its early,6:30-7:20am and im not real excited about that part. im not a morning person,ugh!"

I start Early Morning on Tuesday. and don't get so concerned over the time. My dad had to go to Seminary at 5:30 every morning. My class starts at 6:15am and goes until 7:15am

message 13: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments I have it as a school class, right before lunch, it's really cool.

message 14: by Keeanna (new)

Keeanna (kcropp13) I'm only 11 so I don't have Seminary yet. But my church s letting me go o Girl's Camp this year, which is tommorow!

message 15: by Keeanna (new)

Keeanna (kcropp13) I'm only 11 so I don't have Seminary yet. But my church s letting me go o Girl's Camp this year, which is tommorow!

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy | 3 comments This'll be my second year of seminary, and our teacher starts at 6:00am, even though all my other friends in my stake start at 6:15am or 6:30am. i sooo wish we had it as a school class, but since there are only, like, 15 mormons in my school, it would be kinda pointless.

message 17: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Ouch! When does your school start? Our seminary starts at 6.50, but I always get there by 6.30 'cause my mom's one of the teachers. You're girls camp is in August? That's kind of awesome!!

message 18: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelbaroonian) I LOVE seminary. My teacher is the stake president's wife (you know the type) and she's absolutely adorable.

message 19: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelbaroonian) Amy wrote: "This'll be my second year of seminary, and our teacher starts at 6:00am, even though all my other friends in my stake start at 6:15am or 6:30am. i sooo wish we had it as a school class, but since t..."

It starts at 6:50? wow. ours starts at 6. cuz we're awesome. :)

message 20: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (thellenator) | 143 comments i love seminary:)
i loved my teacher from last year!!! he was so great!!!
and i love the one that i have now!!! he's funny!!! but he's such a great teacher!!!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 09, 2009 01:32PM) (new)

Go to this site guys. It has Seminary Scripture Mastery Songs. We use them in Seminary they are so much fun!!!!

http://lds.about.com/od/seminary/a/sc...

message 22: by Jerusha (new)

Jerusha (libra32) | 284 comments My teacher is da bomb! I have those seminary songs on my ipod! I love listening to them. Especially the Book of Mormon ones to the tune like Walking on Sunshine and The Dance and Beat It.

message 23: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Aha, that's SO cool! :D I love Beat It! ^_^

message 24: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Compton | 26 comments Hey Pinky can you get me those seminary songs that you have. I'm trying to find them and I can't. There are the other cites but my teacher uses the songs that you have and it would help me if I could get them. Thanks :)

message 25: by Rachael (new)

Rachael I've gone for three years so far in early morning seminary that starts at 6:15 and ends at 7:15. It's great! Gives a spiritual boost to fight through school for the day.

message 26: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments That is awesome, Rachael! I went to my first day of summer seminary today, my first experience with being in a seminary class and it was amazing! I can't wait to go again next week! My dad is a seminary teacher and I've been to his classroom, but I've never been in on any classes before. It was so filling. It was all I needed to get me through the day!

message 27: by Rachael (new)

Rachael That's great! I didn't even know that there was a such thing as summer seminary!

message 28: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments There is in Utah, I'm not sure if they have it in other states.

message 29: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Yeah I was like wait... summer seminary?! I didn't know they had that either lol :D That's pretty cool though. Do they do it at church or at school still?

message 30: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments They do it at the seminary building for the high school. I've only been one week, but I loved it! I can't wait to go this week!

message 31: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Gotcha. Cool!

message 32: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments It is awesome and the teachers are so fun! My dad is also a seminary teacher.

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 20 comments I have it as a class in school. it doesn't count as a credit, but it's totally amazing!
Hope, i also have summer seminary! we have it every week. :)

message 34: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments It is so much fun! I wasn't able to go to this last week's because of a wedding, and I can't go this week because of Girl's camp, but I can't wait to go after that! Haha!

message 35: by Alexa (new)

Alexa | 19 comments I think summer seminary is available for me but I just take it as a class for school.

message 36: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (thellenator) | 143 comments i'm going to miss the last two weeks of summer seminary because of my family campout and girls camp. kind of a bummer! but i LOVE summer seminary!!!

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (oceangirl300) | 259 comments I can't go!

message 38: by Emmaline (new)

Emmaline  | 43 comments Hey guys I know this is sorta a dead topic, but should I take early morning seminary, or just seminary next year???

message 39: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Just think about which would be more convenient for transportation and getting to school. And which do you feel like doing more, and then decide.

message 40: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments I'm starting Seminary next year. And I'm not and early bird so I'm not exactly excited for getting up at 5!

message 41: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Hannah wrote: "I'm starting Seminary next year. And I'm not and early bird so I'm not exactly excited for getting up at 5!"

Ugh, same here. I think mine will be in the middle of the day though.

message 42: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) I am so grateful I live in Utah so I can go to Seminary during school. I could never get up every morning at 5... I'm starting to consider it, though... I miss my old teacher.

message 43: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ANNA.

message 44: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) MANDY

message 45: by Emmaline (new)

Emmaline  | 43 comments Oh my gosh us early morning really at five? I'LL NEVER MAKE IT!!!

message 46: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) It depends on where you live. Here early morning starts at 6:30, but in other places it starts at 5 or 6

message 47: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) [Ellwyn] Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "MANDY"

*beams*

message 48: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) [Ellwyn] Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "It depends on where you live. Here early morning starts at 6:30, but in other places it starts at 5 or 6"

Yuuuupp. And here, there are some classes that are at school at like one or two in the afternoon. It depends.

message 49: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I do home study :) Sooo, I do seminary whenever I can/want during the day!

message 50: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Coooool!

« previous 1