Kenyons Minions discussion

Fun & Games > Favorite Quotes from DH Guys

Comments Showing 1-50 of 357 (357 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Dana (last edited Jul 31, 2009 05:24PM) (new)

Dana (donte) | 6 comments Mine is, "Just because you can doesn't mean you should." -Acheron

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 126 comments I love everything Simi says

"Let me BBQ the red headed bitch goddess - Simi

message 3: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "I woke up handcuffed to Amanda." Vane could work with that. "So I need to get a set of handcuffs?" "Not on a first date," Ash said with a smirk. "You'll scare her to death if you handcuff her." Kyrian scoffed. "It worked for me on a first date."

message 4: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments He looked extremely uncomfortable. "I'm just going to shut up now and stand here looking tough. That's what I'm best at."

message 5: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "I seriously hate those damned turtles." As if on cue, four people dressed as said turtles walked by and frowned at them. "I swear the gods are mocking us," Mike said as he saw the green-foam-covered humans.

message 6: by Dana (new)

Dana (donte) | 6 comments Lauren wrote: "I love everything Simi says

"Let me BBQ the red headed bitch goddess - Simi"

Thanks Lauren-Simi is the best.

message 7: by Dana (new)

Dana (donte) | 6 comments Klara wrote: ""I woke up handcuffed to Amanda." Vane could work with that. "So I need to get a set of handcuffs?" "Not on a first date," Ash said with a smirk. "You'll scare her to death if you handcuff her." Ky..."

Thanks Klara-Forgot about the handcuffs. That was a good one.

message 8: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "Valerius, God bless him, didn't miss a beat. He reached over and started eating it too, then he
gave one of those haughty, regal stares at the waiter, who quickly ran off. After he was gone, Val said for me not to worry about it. That he spent enough money in that place that I could eat the tablecloth next if I wanted to and if that didn't make me happy, then he'd buy the restaurant just so I could fire the waiter."

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana (donte) | 6 comments Klara wrote: ""Valerius, God bless him, didn't miss a beat. He reached over and started eating it too, then he
gave one of those haughty, regal stares at the waiter, who quickly ran off. After he was gone, Val s..."

Thanks Klara-That was funny.

message 10: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Klara, fantastic choices! And I loved the TMNT reference in Winter Born. Hilarious.

message 11: by Stav (new)

Stav (voliotisa) "The Simi is environmentally sound. Eat everything except for hooves" - Simi

message 12: by Stav (new)

Stav (voliotisa) I've got one more...

"Amanda - "Oh God, I just kissed a vampire!"

Kyrian - "Oh Gods, I just kissed a human!" "

message 13: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Snell | 112 comments Klara wrote: ""I woke up handcuffed to Amanda." Vane could work with that. "So I need to get a set of handcuffs?" "Not on a first date," Ash said with a smirk. "You'll scare her to death if you handcuff her." Ky..."

hahahahahhahahahahah!!! i remember that one yes... thats a gooood one :)

message 14: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments Simi's jaw dropped as she looked stunned. "You don't know about Travis Fimmel? Oh, sister, you are
deprived. He the finest man alive."

Xirena shuddered. "You lust for men?"

"Well, I certainly don't lust for women."

message 15: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments He actually whimpered as she pulled her hand away. Pouting, he reached for her again, only instead of
kissing her, he nuzzled her neck. Susan hissed at the warmth of his mouth on her flesh until something
strange happened…
Her eyes started watering and her nose immediately became stuffy. The more he nuzzled, the worse it
got until she sneezed.
“Oh my God,” she said, pulling back to wipe at her eyes. “I think I’m allergic to you.”
He rose up and stalked her across the mattress. “I’m addicted to you.”

message 16: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments “He’s tied up at the moment.”
“Tied up how?”
“Double-knotted to a bedpost, not that it’s any of your business. That boy was always too trusting for
his own good. You’d think by now he’d know better. But no. He’s got to be stupid. Personally, I’d tie
the bitch up, muzzle her, and ride her around the room with spurs on, but no one ever asks my opinion,
do they? No. What do I know? I’m only omniscient.”

message 17: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Klara wrote: "“He’s tied up at the moment.”
“Tied up how?”
“Double-knotted to a bedpost, not that it’s any of your business. That boy was always too trusting for
his own good. You’d think by now he’d know better. But no. He’s got to be stupid. Personally, I’d tie
the bitch up, muzzle her, and ride her around the room with spurs on, but no one ever asks my opinion,
do they? No. What do I know? I’m only omniscient.”"

Heck, yeah!

Why, oh why, do people always ignore omniscient beings?

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 126 comments Klara wrote: "Simi's jaw dropped as she looked stunned. "You don't know about Travis Fimmel? Oh, sister, you are
deprived. He the finest man alive."

Xirena shuddered. "You lust for men?"

"Well, I certainly don..."

LOVE IT!!!

message 19: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments “I have to know what that says,” she said, indicating the tattoo.
He glanced at it before he answered, “ ‘Death is a doorway. Think before you knock on it.’ ”
“That’s profound.”
He inclined his head to her as Jack made an aggravated noise.
“Dang, and I always thought it said something like ‘Die, Scum, Die.’ How disappointing.”

message 20: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments “I hate you!”
He snorted. “Don’t keep saying that, Artie. It’s cruel to get my hopes up.”

message 21: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "That was Ephani warning me that you're about twenty minutes from dying."
Jeff's face turned stone white. "What?"
He nodded. "Her Squire, Celena, Ms. Blood Rite, I-kill-anything-that-breaks formation, is on her way over here to have a word with you. Since Celena isn't real big on conversation, I'm taking that as a euphemism for 'kick your ass.' "
"What do I do?" Jeff asked.
"Well, not to insult a man who looks like a rocket scientist in comparison to you, but. . . run, Forrest, run."

message 22: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments Rafael wasn't exactly known for keeping his word. "You swear?"
"Every day."

message 23: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments Andrei led them across the lobby. "Would you like tickets for tonight's tour?"
Retta spoke without thinking. "Like another hole in my head."
He frowned at her.
"That's American slang for 'no thank you,'" Francesca said quickly.
"Strange. When I was in New York it was slang for 'no fucking way.'"

message 24: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Snell | 112 comments Klara wrote: "“He’s tied up at the moment.”
“Tied up how?”
his own good. You’d think by now he’d know better..."

*bwahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhaha!!!*
Savitar is the best!!!

message 25: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Snell | 112 comments Klara wrote: "“I hate you!”
He snorted. “Don’t keep saying that, Artie. It’s cruel to get my hopes up.”
"

*sniggers x infinity*

message 26: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Snell | 112 comments Klara wrote: "Andrei led them across the lobby. "Would you like tickets for tonight's tour?"
Retta spoke without thinking. "Like another hole in my head."
He frowned at her.
"That's American slang for 'no thank ..."

that was a good story :) short... but good none the less

message 27: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments Thia met her on deck. "Where's Mr. Cutie?"
"Down below."
A wicked smile curved her lips. "Now that's where I'd like to have him…down below ."

message 28: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "Tell her that you couldn't help yourself, you were overwhelmed by her beauty. That she is the most desirable woman you've ever kissed and because of that your emotions ran away with you."
"I don't think that's going to work."
"Trust me, it always works."
Arik wasn't so sure, but since Solin had more experience on this plane, he decided to listen to him. "I couldn't help myself, Geary. I was overwhelmed by your desire and I've never kissed a woman more
beautiful than you."
Instead of placating her, that only seemed to anger her more.
"That's not what I said, Arik. Jeez."
"You were overwhelmed by my desire?" she said, enunciating each word slowly so that they conveyed
the full weight of her anger. "What planet are you from?"
"Moronia," Solin said out loud. "Every full moon they teleport the Morons to earth and let them loose.
Consider this your first encounter."

message 29: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "I swear it on Solin's life."
Solin sputtered, "Uh, excuse me?"
"I would, but there's truly no excuse for you."

message 30: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "I find you irritating."
He laughed at that. "I haven't even begun to irritate you yet. Imagine what I could do if I applied myself?"
Her eyes narrowed dangerously. "I can imagine. I can also imagine ripping your throat out and tying my shoes with your larynx."
"Really, kori , you have to stop. You're seriously turning me on."

message 31: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments Kat cocked a brow and looked at Geary before she asked for clarification. "Revenge on who and for what?"
"My mother, who else?" Persephone gestured around the lush garden. "Sticks me in this godforsaken place nine months out of the year and thinks I ought to be grateful for it. Meanwhile all I want is to be with my husband…" She gave them a meaningful look. "Have you any idea how hard it is to go nine months out of the year with no sex when you're married to such a fine piece of male anatomy that he should have been the god of fertility instead of the god of death?"

message 32: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments But before she could think of something to say, Persephone slapped Hades on the arm. "Don't you even start that."
Rubbing the spot she'd hit, he scowled at her. "Start what? Arikos and I had a bargain."
"So what?" Persephone asked in an irritated tone. "Do you mean to tell me that you are going to stand there and make her die to save him? How could you?"
"It was a bargain," he said defensively.
"Yes, and my parents made a bargain, too, and look how that's turned out. I can't believe you would do this to someone else. I thought you were different."
His features turned placating. "Baby, I am."
"No, you're not. You're just like them . You intend to break up two lovers and for what? A stupid, meaningless bargain. You who know how much it hurts to be away from the one you love, and yet you would do something so cold and mean. Oh, that's it. I'm going home to my mother's and I'm not coming back."
His dark eyes snapped fire. "You have to come back. You have no choice."
She narrowed her gaze on him. "You're right. I have no choice about coming here, but I have a choice about where I sleep once I'm home."
His face went pale as he realized he was on losing ground. "You wouldn't dare."
Persephone put her hands on her hips as she stared down the man who was practically twice her size. It would have been comical if Geary's future with Arik didn't hinge on the outcome. "You break these two up and it'll be a cold day in Hephaestus's forge before you enter my bedroom. In fact, I'll get Eros to make you impotent. Yeah. Forever. That'll teach you."
His face completely ashen, Hades looked at Geary. "Take him. Get his ass out of here and don't look back."

message 33: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments Kyrian turned sharply to glare at Nick, who immediately acted as if he were just scratching his head.
"You called me, boss?"
"No. I've called you a lot of things, but boss has never been one of them. And it never will be, either."
Nick raked his hand through his long brown hair. "Dang, he's in a bad mood tonight. You need to get laid, boss."
"Shut up, Nick."

message 34: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I freakin LOVE Solin! He's so hilarious.

message 35: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments I freakin' love KLARA! You have found the BEST quotes! And Sherrilyn K.'s characters have come up with some doozies. I know there are more to post, I just gotta find them. I can tell you keep all her books, Klara, to have them on hand like that.

message 36: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments Thank you =)
The truth is I have these quotes on my computer and they are legion and from many different books and authors. SK however, has the longest file in my "quote library"

message 37: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "Yes. You owe me this. You made me get rid of my assassin and now I have no control over those creatures that—"
"That you created," he added, interrupting her angry tirade. "Don't forget the important part here. The Dark-Hunters wouldn't exist at all had someone, and for the sake of your missing intellect let me clarify that, you, not stolen powers from me that could bring back the dead. I didn't need the Dark-Hunters to help me fight against the Daimons and protect the humans. I was doing fine on my own. But you wouldn't have it. You created them and made me responsible for their lives. It's a responsibility that I take most seriously, so excuse me for banning you from killing them because you have reverse PMS."
She scowled. "Reverse PMS?"
"Yeah, unlike a normal woman, you're cranky twenty-eight days out of the month."

message 38: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "Don't flatter yourself. Your genes could never have created me."
Yeah, right. She was beautiful and tall—taller than Artemis, which could easily have come from him. Her skin was a darker hue... His stomach shrank in trepidation. "Then who's your father if it's not me?"
"That's hardly any of your business."
"It is me, isn't it?"
She rolled her eyes at him before she knitted his wounds closed with her fingers. "Men and their egos. Trust me. My mother wouldn't have you in her bed even if you were dipped in chocolate-coated caramel."
Oh, now that really offended him. "Excuse me? I'll have you know I happen to be damn good in bed. My skills are unsurpassed. I wasn't just a god of the moon. I was the Sumerian god of fertility. You know what that means, don't you?"
"You have a lot of penis envy over the other fertility gods?"
He shoved her hands off him, then started to get up only to wince and fall back.
"Don't worry. I won't tell the other gods about your small penis problem."
She appalled him. "You are your mother's daughter."

message 39: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "My son has few friends and even fewer who know him for what he is. So long as you protect him, you live. Sumerian or not. But if you prove false in anything you've said here today, I will bring a wrath down on you so severe that you will spend eternity trying to dig out your own brains to alleviate the pain of it."
He glanced past her to Kat. "Now I know where you get your gift for imagery."
Kat stifled a smile. Only Sin and her father would be able to find humor at a moment like this.

message 40: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments He released her hand and gave her a droll look. "Wow," he said, his tone flat. "That was fun. Anyplace else you want to take me while we're here? Maybe there's a darker corner of hell than that hall of flesh-hungry demons, huh?"
Kat smiled at his sarcasm. "There is the Daimon hall. I'm sure Stryker would love to lay fangs on you."
He scoffed at her threat. "Stryker's a pussy. I'd have him wetting his pants three seconds after seeing me."

message 41: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "I'm not a Dark-Hunter. I don't do Squires."
"Interesting choice of words."
He gave her a droll stare. "Ha ha."

message 42: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "We have to find the Hayar Bedr."
Kat frowned at the unfamiliar term. "That would be what?"
"The Forsaken Moon."
"And would it be animal, vegetable, or mineral?"
"Animal. Definitely animal."
Why did that surprise her? Oh wait, 'cause it was completely normal to refer to an animal as a forsaken moon. Yeah... "Really? What kind of animal would be called the Forsaken Moon?"
"My twin brother."

message 43: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "Looks like Zakar is our best bet."
"Unless you can talk your bitch mother into releasing my powers, yeah."
She narrowed her gaze at him. "Well, that's just a little hard, since I can't even talk her into sparing your life, huh? You haven't exactly endeared yourself to her."
"Oh, excuse my utter lack of manners there. Should we call Mommy dearest and invite her over for tea? I promise to be on my best manners when I choke the life out of her."
"Whoa," Kish said with a laugh as he entered the room to their right, "what is this? Battle of the Sarcastic and Pissed? Should I make popcorn? Forget American Idol, man. This is much more entertaining."
Sin cast a murderous glare toward his servant. "Is there a point to your latest irritation, Kish?"
"Had a sudden death wish. Felt the deep need to come up here and have you freeze me again. I like being a statue... just so long as you don't stick me in a park somewhere and let pigeons shit all over me."

message 44: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "If you want the bastard dead, Artemis, you should send your pet after him."
Normally Ash would have let such a comment pass without issue. But today it just struck him the wrong way. He threw his hands out and brought Deimos straight into his grip.
"I'm so in the mood to kick someone's ass for no good reason. Glad you dropped by." He kneed Deimos in the stomach, and just when he was going to punch him, Deimos vanished.
"Oh c'mon," Ash said out loud. "Was it something I said?"

message 45: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments He sat down beside her on the floor and pulled his knees up to his chest. "So what happened?"
Her sullen pout would have made a toddler proud. "Nothing."
He drew a ragged breath as he saw where this was heading. She wanted to talk, but she was going to make him drag every word out. Lovely. Just how he wanted to spend his time here. Then again, given what she normally did to pass time with him, this was an improvement.

message 46: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments She sidestepped his comment. "You hate me, don't you?"
Sometimes. No, most times. But he felt her current vulnerability and for some reason he could never fathom, he had a need to soothe her. Yeah, he was one sick sonofabitch. "No, Artie, I don't."
"You're lying," she accused. "Don't you think I know the difference?" A single tear slid down her cheek as she stared at him. "You used to hold me like I mattered to you."
She was right, and the sad thing was, back then she'd mattered to him more than his own life. But that had been eleven thousand years ago and many, many things had changed between them. "You used to not beat me, too. Remember?"

message 47: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments She stood up. "I have something to take care of. But I´ll be right back. Trust me."
Like he had a choice?
"Take your time." If he were lucky, he might actually have a whole grope-free hour. It was really sad when that was the best thing an all-powerful, immortal god could look forward to.

message 48: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments "Well, she is a bitch-goddess. l know you love her, akra-Kat, but facts is fact and she a mean heifer."
Xirena smacked her lips. "l haven't had a heifer in a while. Are there any heifers here?"
Simi cast a sideways look at her sister. "l know where a big red one is on Olympus."
Kat shook her head. "Simi!"
"What?" She batted her eyes with a wide, innocent expression.

message 49: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments At the mention of Apollymi's name, Xirena hissed. "Death to the bitch-goddess! May she die in a flaming pit of Charonte spit."
Sin laughed at Xirena's condemnation. "Damn, Kat, you can't win for losing. Is there anyone, other than you, who actually likes your family?"
She sighed in resignation. "Some days it seems not."

message 50: by Klara (new)

Klara (klarakitara) | 114 comments Yeah, women were the very bane of Ash's entire existence. He wished he'd been born gay so that he would have spared himself centuries of pain at their hands.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8