Music discussion

Bands: A-D > the Beatles

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RedPath (new)

RedPath I felt it obvious to have them on here. -blushes at her own absurdity-

Wolfie-the-dork (wolfiewheeee) WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Too many GREAT songs to count!!

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn eh

Wolfie-the-dork (wolfiewheeee) Eh?

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn eh....not that great

Wolfie-the-dork (wolfiewheeee) hmm.

message 7: by Jenn (new)

Jenn yeah, i dont really like the beatles....

message 8: by RedPath (last edited Jul 31, 2009 05:40PM) (new)

RedPath -shrugs- Okay then.

Wolfie-the-dork (wolfiewheeee) I RESPECT YOUR OPINIONS!! *has already said this* shut up stupid asterisks...

message 10: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol

message 11: by RedPath (new)

RedPath :) heehee!

message 12: by Wolfie-the-dork (new)

Wolfie-the-dork (wolfiewheeee) That's hard to say, asterisks.

message 13: by Winnie (last edited Jul 31, 2009 05:58PM) (new)

Winnie | 54 comments ah! I LOVE the Beatles. Especially, Let It Be, Strawberry Fields Forever, and Hey Jude.

message 14: by Wolfie-the-dork (new)

Wolfie-the-dork (wolfiewheeee) THANK YOU!!! I'd give you a hug but I don't know you! XD

message 15: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol

message 16: by RedPath (new)

RedPath WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE!!!

message 17: by Jenn (new)

Jenn hehe

message 18: by ♠Miriam♠, luvs Owl City! (new)

♠Miriam♠ (mirizzle) | 425 comments Mod
i don't know much of their songs but they're ok.

message 19: by Anna (new)

Anna | 17 comments OMG BEST BAND EVER!!!

message 20: by Austin, Music Freak (new)

Austin | 378 comments Mod
RedPath wrote: "WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE!!!"

Ugh, I hated that song

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

jsut saw Across the Universe last night. If you like Beatles and if you are a peron who likes wierd creepy creative movies you will love:
-Across the Univers (awesome)
-Moulin Rouge (Fav movie of all time! I always cry!)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

And Austin, yellow submarine isn't in either movie :D lol

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy I'm a huge fan of the Beatles. My favorite songs are Real Love, Yes it is, Hey Jude, Strawberry Fields, Girl, Sexy Sadie...the list goes on and do you know why? Because the Beatles are my favorite group of all time, hands down! :)

message 24: by RedPath (new)

RedPath -high fives Jessica-

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

My fav songs are Hey Jude, Let It Be, Dear Prudence, I Am Walrus, Strawberry Fields, and With a Little Help From My Friends

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy Redpath, right back at ya! ;)

Madison, VERY good picks as well. I Am the Walrus played every morning on my alarm clock for about two years! I still LOVE that song. Good times...

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy Jonathan wrote: ""Come Together, rigght now, over me""

Ohhhhhhhh...that is a GREAT song....nicely done Jonathan!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

lol my sista's fav i play it for her on guitar all the time she memorized it I'm liker Payton payton Payton... lol

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

RedPath ~Enna-girl~ wrote: "I felt it obvious to have them on here. -blushes at her own absurdity-"

the best band EEEEEEEEEEEVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

message 30: by RedPath (new)

RedPath XD :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 18, 2009 03:07PM) (new)

((THERE IS 2 GROUPS FOR THE BEATLES))

message 32: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zpfrolik) good band- they deserve it

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

haha exactly

message 34: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zpfrolik) see my point? great band, it deserves two groups...i think i already said that

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

haha yup but it deserves getting said again

message 36: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zpfrolik) agreed...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Apollo wrote: "((THERE IS 2 GROUPS FOR THE BEATLES))"

sorry, this group was not here when i made mine! i clickedon the show groups button, and there wz another 1 4 da beats. so i wz like, shiznitsss! but amazing band, deserves 2 groups. i hav all their albums!

message 38: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zpfrolik) haha!exactly!

Cierra Buckles  | 122 comments ????????????

message 40: by Jon-michael (new)

Jon-michael (the_disciple) well i have all 600 and something songs they have ever made...I even have Across the Universe....witch wasn't that great of a movie..

message 41: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 118 comments you don't like across the universe??!!

message 42: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zpfrolik) Jon-michael wrote: "well i have all 600 and something songs they have ever made...I even have Across the Universe....witch wasn't that great of a movie.."

you didn't like that??
it didn't live up to my expectations but it captured the peaceful and the war part of the 60s

message 43: by Momatella (new)

Momatella | 2 comments First, I lived through the 60's, and I still keep up on most music, have had my own radio show, have seen both the Beatles and Paul McCartney in person. I just got the newly remastered boxed set, and play Rock Band The Beatles. I have at least 2 shelves of books on them.
Whether you personally are into a band or not, does not make them a great or not great band.
Go to musicians from almost any genre, or even music textbooks, and they will explain how the Beatles grew, experimented and were way ahead of their time and invented new ways of writing and producing music at the time. The number of instruments they could play was amazing. They were the first group to use collections of recorded sounds, and to reverse track in their music.
If you look at Paul today, despite not reading music, but playing by ear (instruments including bass guitar, acoustic guitar, mellotron, mandolin, and many others)
he can also write (with a transcriber) for an entire symphony orchestra and choir.
If you just look at lyrics, you have another amazing example of their contribution to music: surrealistic "I am the Walrus", simple and hugely covered "Yesterday", psychedelic "Lucy in the Sky", mysterious "Norwegian Wood"--doing the first "themed" album: "Sargent Pepper's". . . So there is a lot to analyze as music here, whether you like them or not.

message 44: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zpfrolik) oh wow. thats so cool!
you really got me thinking more about them
i used to think mostly about hte lyrics but yeah..the instrumentals also have a background.....

message 45: by Maryam. (new)

Maryam. | 55 comments I dont like The Beatles that much =p
Not my type of music.