ParaNormal Romance discussion

writers?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi there. I was wondering if any of you are writers or just readers?

I am in the process of revising my novel. Having issues with tenses.

Love & Light, Katrina

message 2: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (Rowenacherry) | 4 comments Hi, Katrina,

I should think, judging from the silence, that quite a lot of us are writers under deadline!

I've just emerged from edits. For the first time, my New York editor tried online editing. Seeing the copy-editing has been eye-opening.

IMHO, keep your tenses as simple as you can. Don't try to use sophisticated grammar alone to communicate whether a passage is backstory etc. It probably won't survive!

If a thought is in the present, it will probably need the first person... and will end up in italics!

Hope this helps.

Rowena Cherry

message 3: by Diane "Candy" (new)

Diane "Candy" Thompson (CandyThompson) | 2 comments I am not a writer, but my sister was. Since she died in February, I had been trying to upkeep the information on her novels still under contract to be printed.

She wrote for Dorchester and Kensington books, did historical paranormal and historical erotic fantasy.

Diane "Candy" Thompson

message 4: by Sapphire (new)

Sapphire (SapphirePhelan) | 16 comments I am a writer. Not just under this name either, also as Pamela K. Kinney. But I do read too.
Sapphire Phelan
http://Fantasticdreams.50megs.com

message 5: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (DiscipleShirley) | 4 comments I am a writer also, didn't think on being in marketing but found out real quick that to sell you have to...I hope this isn't spamming but check my book Forever Promised out at www.ForeverPromised.com