Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Reviews Tips > reviews

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terence (new)

Terence Hawkins | 5 comments I'm a new author. My first book, a novelization of the Iliad called The Rage of Achilles, is coming out from Casperian Nov. 1st. The publisher has asked me for a list of reviewers. Can you provide some guidance?

Thanks in advance
Terry

message 2: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Pacini (DBPacini) Terry,

I know a few, but I don’t have an actual list. I think you can secure several reputable reviewers here on Goodreads. I’d offer to read your book---I just can’t for the next 2-3 months. I have a stack to get through and I’ve made the authors wait too long already. It’s been an incredibly busy summer and I’ve been doing a lot of elder care this month. I invite you to read my blog titled: Reviewing Book Reviewers. I think it will be helpful to you.

I wish you the best with your pending book! Congratulations.

message 3: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (KevisHendrickson) | 105 comments Terry,

I review books for authors on a regular basis. To maximize the number of people who read my reviews, I always post them on a number of websites including Amazon, barnesandnoble.com, shelfari, librarything, authorsden, and also here on goodreads.

To ensure that my efforts only support an author's efforts to get promote his books, I will never post a review for a book which has been submitted to me for review unless it has at least 3 stars.

If you would like to have me review your book for you, I would be happy to do so. Just send me a message via my profile and I'll give you my mailing address. I look forward to hearing from you and good luck with your new book.