The Sword and Laser discussion

Podcasts > S&L Podcast - #283 - The Madness Begins

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1491 comments Mod
The Nebula Award Nominees are out, the Gateway is in and we’re glad we traveled The Salt Roads. But most of all we’re geared up for the March Madness tournament of fantasy. Get your voting fingers clicking folks!  

http://swordandlaser.com/home/2017/3/...
https://www.patreon.com/posts/8291591
https://soundcloud.com/swordandlaser/...

message 2: by Colin (new)

Colin Forbes (colinforbes) | 244 comments It's already been mentioned on the kick-off thread for Gateway, but while the book isn't on Kindle, it is available on iBooks if you have an Apple device to read it on.

Also, beware that some of the content is missing from the supposedly 'unabridged' audiobook.

message 3: by Mark (last edited Mar 02, 2017 06:44AM) (new)

Mark (mmtz) | 833 comments What is this Mazatlan series that Veronica is taking about? Some kind of Mexican magical mystery realm of the less fallen? ;-)

message 4: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Mark wrote: "What is this Mazatlan series that Veronica is taking about? Some kind of Mexican magical mystery realm of the less fallen? ;-)"

I NEVER know how to pronounce that! Is it like Mazel Tov??

message 5: by Brendan (new)

Brendan (mistershine) | 890 comments Marzipan Book of the Fallen

message 6: by Trike (new)

Trike | 4535 comments Mersy dotes and dosey dotes of the fall-in.

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark (mmtz) | 833 comments Veronica wrote: "Mark wrote: "What is this Mazatlan series that Veronica is taking about? Some kind of Mexican magical mystery realm of the less fallen? ;-)"

I NEVER know how to pronounce that! Is it like Mazel Tov??"

Mozzarella

message 8: by David (last edited Mar 02, 2017 02:51PM) (new)

David H. (farrakut) | 706 comments Veronica wrote: "I NEVER know how to pronounce that! Is it like Mazel Tov?? "

Well, it's Ma l a z an, and there's no 't' in it. It's named for the Malazan Empire, whose capital is on the island of Malaz.

EDIT: Er, unless you were being funny, in which case, ignore me.

message 9: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

David wrote: "Veronica wrote: "I NEVER know how to pronounce that! Is it like Mazel Tov?? "

Well, it's Ma
l
a
z
an, and there's no 't' in it. It's named for the Malazan Empire, whose capital is on the islan..."

I'm always funny.

message 10: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1011 comments Mod
Veronica wrote: "I'm always funny."

She is.

message 11: by Darren (new)

Darren D-ara made me laugh. Veronica made her a princess!

message 12: by Rob Secundus (new)

Rob Secundus (Quintessential_Defenestration) | 1033 comments As someone who is, (ostensibly), going to be addressing Black Catholic literature/ literature dealing with African and/or African-American experiences of Catholicism, Salt Roads was a pick that might help me professionally? Or show up somewhere in my life professionally? So that's rad? Anyway the point is, like Tom was saying at the end, this bookclub is great because of the picks I never would have known about in my normal reading life.

message 13: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2071 comments Darren wrote: "D-ara made me laugh. Veronica made her a princess!"

I haven't been able to listen yet. I'm a princess?! Do I have to go buy a poofy pink gown now? Or is it a princess like Kate Middleton?

message 14: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1011 comments Mod
Dara wrote: "Darren wrote: "D-ara made me laugh. Veronica made her a princess!"

I haven't been able to listen yet. I'm a princess?! Do I have to go buy a poofy pink gown now? Or is it a princess like Kate Midd..."

You're a princess, which means you can be any kind you want!

message 15: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2071 comments OMG. I'm Princess Sword and Laser! I have to listen to this episode after work and see if I have any duties or speaking engagements or tiaras... :-)

message 16: by Trike (new)

Trike | 4535 comments Dara wrote: "OMG. I'm Princess Sword and Laser! I have to listen to this episode after work and see if I have any duties or speaking engagements or tiaras... :-)"

Sword princess

Laser princess

message 17: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2071 comments Definitely laser princess.

message 18: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2071 comments Just listened to the episode. You guys are too funny. Veronica got my name right the first time. Honestly, people have been mispronouncing my name for almost 30 years now so it's no big deal. It's always cool for me when I'm mentioned on the podcast at all! I'm glad I'm able to contribute to the S&L community.