Slaughterhouse-Five Slaughterhouse-Five discussion

LOST Episode "The Constant"

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ted (new)

Ted Rohe In this the phrase "Unstuck in time" comes from "Slaughterhouse 5" I believe. So a possible "indirect" tie in to this book. As suggested from Cassie of the LOST Book Club.

César Yes, it was a reference to this book.

There was another one in episode 8 (Meet Kevin Johnson), in the game show Michael is watching.

message 3: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim In the enhanced version of this episode, the subtitles told you it was from Slaughterhouse-Five.

What was the SH5 reference in Meet Kevin Johnson? I wish I could have caught that.

message 4: by Paxtonb (new)

Paxtonb Yeah so much of LOST is from this book. I really feel they

Jamus Sumner The Constant was easily my favourite episode of LOST. The entire time I was watching it, I felt like it was paying homage to this book. I'm glad I stumbled upon this post because I haven't read this book in some time, and it makes me want to watch that episode again. :-)

Jason Lilly Soooo many allusions and literary references in Lost, we could fill up cyberspace analyzing all of them.

Jeff Goldenberg This phrase and the homage to the book was also used extensively in Babylon 5, in particular in the episodes Babylon Squared and War Without End.