Clamp discussion

Other Mangas > Nana

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

Starbubbles | 649 comments Mod
it kinda of sounds like othello. i would probably have to go to half price books if i'm to start nana though. isn't it 20+ books?
but it totally sounds like it's right up my alley for the type of book i normally read. lol.

message 2: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

haha! that's totally me too! the downside to half price books is that they don't always have what you're looking for, or even the correct volumes in the series that you are reading. but the upside is that you can buy twice as much for the same amount you would have spent buying new.

message 3: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah, well they can be. a lot of people want to get rid of badly damaged, and unpopular books. plus, they still have to make a profit. so i totally understand where they are coming from. but even libraries can be picky about what they will take as donations. so i guess it really can't be helped.

message 4: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) | 400 comments Mod
Wow, this book sounds way interesting! I'm going to put it on hold at the library right now! ☺

message 5: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

oh. how bad is it?

message 6: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

lol. i've been reading red river which has it's books sealed from book 14 and on. come to think of it, it didn't always need to be sealed. oh well. you know, sex seems to be a common theme in shojo too. i'm typically fine with it unless it's rape. i have a harder time dealing with rape storylines.

message 7: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i think that once it crosses that line in a series, they just bound up the rest of the books that come after it, even if it doesn't need it. oh well. i just make sure i don't ask for anything like that for my birthday. speaking of which, i asked for holic for my birthday last year and my family was so embarrassed by the name that they refused to ask for help finding it. i told them i wouldn't ask for anything that would be embarrassing to purchase, but then they just pointed to the name and was like 'that's embarrassing enough.' sadness. a few months later i was reading about mangas in a forum and someone said that holic was a hentai. i about came unglued. i couldn't believe how big of an idiot that person was.

message 8: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i don't think that they get that i read the series that i buy over and over again, so i think that they secretly think that i'm wasting my money away. but they generally keep their opinions to themselves. it only comes out when they give me the impression that i'm being childish.

message 9: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

well, those journals are practically books. plus, the articles themselves are exactly easy to read.

message 10: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i can relate. when school's in, i hardly have time to read fun things. since i red slow, the 600+ pages is tough for me to get through, that is if i get close at all to that goal.

did you know that math exercise the left-side of the brain too? when my boyfriend told me that, i was dumbstruck. so then he went on to tell me about mathematical equations that could be (and are) used for music. at that point, i was like 'i give up, i can't ever escape from the clutches of math!'

message 11: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

bleh, Geometry. let's not go there

message 12: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i once spent everyday for two solid weeks in tutoring for geometry and still failed. that was on top of me already showing up at least twice a week for math. the teacher felt so bad for me that he passed me anyway.

message 13: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

now? public history.

it's fine to laugh, it's rather funny when you think about it. it's why i believe that you shouldn't fail if you really try. but most people don't put forth that sort of effort.

message 14: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah, that's why i joined color guard in middle school. took care of my p.e. credit.

message 15: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah, you get them all over your arms and legs, and if you're really unlucky, your head. but it's a ton of fun! i really loved doing it. i did it for like 5 years.

message 16: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (last edited Sep 11, 2009 09:21PM) (new)

it's not so bad. i mean it hurts, but chances are that your hand is somewhere in there reducing the force. though, i've seen some really bad injuries. the weapons seem to leave harsher bruises than the poles do.

message 17: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

it is. but any sport requires the same amount of dedication. plus, it was loads of fun. if your school's guard does winter guard, i would highly recommend giving it a try. i always enjoyed winter guard more than marching band. there's no wind, no tubas to weave in and out of, and you get to really expand what all you can do with a flag.

message 18: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

it is really hard, but it can be a lot of fun. i hated the band director by the time i quit, but performing was always fun. that was years ago though. now, i really don't do any sort of exercise.

message 19: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

it used to be that way for me too, but now they are all in the same building. so it's nice and close.

message 20: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

lol! half of the time i didn't even use my locker when i was in high school. then senior year i shared one with my sister. 'seniors don't need lockers,' bah!

message 21: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah. the argument was that seniors had cars and could store things in those. plus, most seniors took the least amount of classes in school. but most of the time i carried everything with me. which was lame too