What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > adult romance-amnesiac woman wakes up with a squirrel on her chest

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leela4 (last edited Feb 26, 2012 03:47PM) (new)

Leela4 | 113 comments A romance, almost certainly an issue of a major line like Harlequin and all the rest. I read it in summer of 1993, and I think it was new. Paperback, probably less than 200 pages.

Starts with a woman waking up under a picnic table with a squirrel on her chest. After an initial freak-out she also realizes she has no idea who she is. Then she meets a nice man and ... well, you know how these things progress.

It stands out in my mind because it was different: The writing style was genuinely funny, not just characters throwing sarcasms at each other. And I remember it was about the characters, not about the next sex scene. In fact, there may not have been any graphic sex in this one. Very rare back then.

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen (missonethousandspringblossoms) | 9 comments If you find the name of this book let me know. I wish I could help! It isn't every day that a character wakes up to a squirrel on her chest! :)

message 3: by Leela4 (new)

Leela4 | 113 comments (bump)

message 4: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 451 comments Have you tried the Romance Novel Book Sleuth group?

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 7006 comments Mod
yeah, I'd like to know about this one too. Simply because of the squirrel on the chest.

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen (missonethousandspringblossoms) | 9 comments I went googling for this one and no luck yet!

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) | 211 comments This is definitely not it, but one of Karen Marie Moning's Highlander books sort of starts out like this.

message 8: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 159 comments If it was Harlequin, you might be able to go through these and find it?

http://www.romancewiki.com/Harlequin_...

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 26860 comments Mod
Leela4, are you still looking for this book?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Bump....

message 11: by Leela4 (new)

Leela4 | 113 comments Still looking, I'm afraid.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

How about now?

message 13: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 3411 comments She found it in the Romance Novel Book Sleuth group. It’s The Stranger by Ryanne Corey.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Stranger (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Karen Marie Moning (other topics)
Ryanne Corey (other topics)