Axis Mundi X discussion

A Day in the Life > Weekends...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Ok, it's Friday...

What are you doing this weekend?

What are most weekends like for you?

What do you like best about weekends? What do you like least about weekends?

What a great weekend to you?

What's a sucky weekend to you?

Ok...this weekend should be calm and somewhat boring. We still have piles and piles of snow...can't wait until it melts. My oldest son (he's nine) has a basketball game Saturday morning, and I think he's sleeping over at a friend's Saturday night. This means I can hang out with the other two a bit more. I also want to watch the "Blade Runner" director's cut, delve a little more into "Into Great Silence" and maybe watch a couple more episodes of "House". I also want to finish "The Abstinence Teacher". We're supposed to get rain on Sunday, which should melt some of the huge snow piles.

I'm sick of church lately. I'm a unitarian universalist, but I'm just not into services over the last couple of months. Maybe I'll skip.

I love weekends in the summer. I love working in the garden, sitting in the yard after I've cut the grass, and hanging out with the neighbors around the bonfire. Winter weekends, esp. towards the end, can feel more clastrophobic. I guess I like the calm, but you know, end of winter...

I used to work a lot on weekends...grading papers, etc., but I try to stay away from work now.

Oh, I also crank music and clean. Good stress relief.

Maybe I'll work on some creative things, too....been meaning to get to those.

I usually try to work out, run, elliptical, weights, just to keep moving.

Sucky weekends are when I have to engage in obligations I hate, e.g. visits from extended family, whatever. Luckily I'm a bastard and usually blow those off.

And you? Comments about weekends?

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly My birthday is this Sunday! So my weekend will be dedicated to my own self indulgence, likely shopping, indulging in desserts, and going out and indulging in an unwise amount of alcohol on Saturday evening, followed by brunch at my favorite brunch place on Sunday afternoon.

My usual weekend consists of:
- working out every day (since I'm usually too lazy during the week)- I do elliptical and machines, because I hate treadmills. I figured out that's why I wasn't working out, so now I do.
- at least one entire afternoon of reading/listening to music in my bed
-catching up on the netflix movies I've received that week (this week: Amadeus, The Painted Veil, and My Favorite Wife- old Cary Grant comedy.)
- an afternoon of errands, because I never have time during the week.
- I also crank music and clean! What's your favorite music to clean to? I either go for a full opera like Boheme or Traviata or screeching out Springsteen and classic rock at the top of my lungs.
- I'm planning on taking the GREs this year, so I try to get a little studying in on that, though I generally fail.
- I've started writing, so I try to do a little bit of that.
- And... I spend every Friday and Sunday evening with my boyfriend.

So! I am looking forward to this weekend now, thanks anthony! :)

message 3: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
I'm on my way to Los Angeles to see a friend in his lead role on the stage. Unfortunately none of my other friends are going to available in the Greater LA Area... so I'll be wandering on the beach, stalking celebrities in Hollyweird, and eating sushi across from the Santa Monica Pier. Also, I am on a mission for my daughter to bring her home some ska on vinyl from Amoeba Records. Maybe writing will get done... probably I'll finish reading Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential which I started last night. The Cormac McCarthy I am leaving at home. I don't need to be depressed in Manhattan Beach. : )

message 4: by J (new)

J As a stay at home mom the weekends can seem just like the rest of the week if I let them. I try not to. I am sick of the winter. Weekends in the summer are Events. Bonfires, dinner parties out back under the big maple tree, picnics, bike rides, swimming in the creek...

A great weekend includes a museum or something, a meal out, and a quiet afternoon in the sun with a book. More if I can pack it in.

This weekend? Tomorrow I'll go to the movies and dinner with girlfriends. Maybe church on Sunday, maybe not. I should spend Sunday afternoon painting. I definitely will NOT be cleaning. Not even if you set it to music. Forget it.

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Thanks, King!

And man, I want it to be weekends in the summer now, with all of you talking about your plans. This will be my first summer in the city, rather than just commuting into one. I grew up in CT, so I will miss those bonfires and picnics and the beach... sigh.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Happy Birthday Kelly...have a great weekend.

I listen to a lot of different music while I clean...this morning I listened to Drive By-Truckers "Brighter Than Creation's Dark" but Tom Waits, The Hold Steady, Eels, and Chopin also make appearances. Whatever works, you know?

J, I often take my nine and seven year olds to the coffee shop to read on weekends...sit by the fire, hang out...great to get out of the house.

Have fun in LA, Charissa...I've been watching "No Reservations" on the Travel Channel...the Hong Kong episode kicked ass.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

well-i live with my daughter and her two children and now my oldest son so...bug him to continue his job search and since i watch the grandkids all week i try to avoid the family goings on during the weekends
that might mean a long walk to the harbor
some time with friends
a little coffee shop with internet and chocolate torte
more job hunting-i've sent out 70 resumes since Sept. altho I didn't acitvely look in late nov and all december-for every job, employers are getting more resumes than they can handle
i'm getting a little anxious
i only keep the dishes up on weekends
get cleaning done during the week so definitely don't clean on weekends

i'm sort of thinking i'd like to go up to the mountains for a hike with my son if he's game
i need some quiet time and space

some reading

i'd love to do some painting but all my art supplies are packed away in the garage

no room or time for me to get out the oils and get all creative-i miss that

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

oops happy birthday kelly! enjoy it

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Thanks Anthony, I will!

I never got into Tom Waits, and I haven't heard of The Hold Steady. Should I have? I am looking for new music. I do love me some Chopin, though. I have more of his music and various versions done of it than anyone needs, ever.

Ooh, ooh No Reservations! On my netflix. I can't wait to get addicted. Let us know how the book is, Charissa!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I have the flu so this weekend will be spent the way this entire week has been spent... in bed, miserable, and praying for death.

I'm a housewife though so I usually clean during the week, but yes I do crank up the music when I clean. Usually just put the iPod on shuffle or I listen to a Broadway cast recording.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

so albert
what are you doing this weekend?

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Kelly, The Hold Steady get compared to Springsteen sometimes...check out the disc called "Boys and Girls in America."

Sorry to hear you're sick, Sarah...

message 13: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Thanks, anthony! If they sound like Springsteen, then I'm deeeeefinitely listening.

message 14: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Wow... Sarah... I haven't heard anyone refer to themselves as a "housewife" since the 70's. You go girl!!! Sorry you're sick... feel better!

Thanks RA... I'm in the airport at SFO right now. I got a Verizon card for my laptop yesterday so I am wired for everything!!! I got taken through extra security today. I can't figure out if it was random or if they noticed how much friggin electronic gear I have on me. The digital age has laden me with muy muy objectos.

I'm totally digging Bourdain's writing so far. Very readable, funny, smart, and sassy, just like his show. Highly recommended so far.

message 16: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

That's the stuff Paul... although she likes Desmond Dekker best of all... and so do I. At some point Ska crosses the line into Reggae and becomes less interesting... especially modern reggae. I like the early stuff, like in that second link, it has edges.

Thanks for the links! I'll have to show my daughter when I get home. : )

message 17: by Xio (new)

Xio (XioJ) | 40 comments
Ah when I was 16 I was privileged to see The Specials play with English Beat and there was a third band I am always inclined to say was The Jam but I don't think so. The show was at this tiny space in West Philly and totally f'ing terrific.

Dekker is so spotty for me. As for reggae, do you Not like Toots and the Maytals? Jimmy Cliff? Peter Tosh?

Steppin Razor is like, so my theme song (snaps gum)

I always enjoyed listening for minutes at a time to the WXPN (now a rotten station) Reggae show. The DJ was completely unintelligible. Awesome.

message 18: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) You're not that far from me King, details please?

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Charissa, I see nothing wrong with the term "housewife." I think all this "homemaker" business is ridiculous and I don't have kids so I'm not a stay at home mom. I guess I can say I'm a stay at home wife. Sometimes I say "domestic goddess" but in my present flu-ridden state I could not feel less divine.

message 20: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 01, 2008 12:02PM) (new)

RandomAnthony You still have the flu, Sarah? Your flu sucks.

Wisconsin is slowly thawing out...the sun is shining tonight and I think everyone's trying to get out of the house. This morning I mailed some packages, hit the library, worked out, and made scrambled egg pitas for lunch. Not a bad Saturday, and it's only 2:00PM.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Yes, it does suck. I've had it since Monday and it doesn't feel like it's getting any better. I've talked to people who've had it for a month.

message 22: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant Here's another one for Charissa and her daughter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXKEGh...

"therefore the ungodly shall not stand in I and I judgement - selah!"

I agree that pop reggae isn't interesting, all that lovers rock malarkey, and the grating dance hall djs like Yellowman and Shabba Ranks in the 1990s put me off, but up until then there was plenty going on. Misty in Roots were one of my favourites - I saw them live once, a colossal show - this is a nice song called Poor and Needy from the early days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Hbjb...

and this is a great collection - every home should have one

http://tinyurl.com/2ca8hm

message 23: by J (new)

J Hope you're enjoying your birthday, Kelly.

message 24: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I'm assuming Kelly is drunk under a table somewhere while Celtic music plays and her boyfriend extols her virtues with improvised poetry.

message 25: by Varmint (last edited Mar 03, 2008 12:18AM) (new)

Varmint Came home last night to the sight of a burst watermain outside my building. Felt like hell, and just staggered up to bed.

Woke to the sound of jackhammers. Watched the crew for a while. The foreman went to his truck, and pulled out a bent forked stick. He wandered up and down the block looking for the leak.
I'm just rural enough to recognize a divining rod. So, a backhoe, several trucks, and a dozen union workers all waiting on the decision of some guy using hillbilly voodoo.

Good weekend otherwise.

message 26: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Varmint... that's awesome funny. I can hardly believe they still use water witches. Crazy old world. Hope your ride went well! I've been having a blast in LA... I actually kinda love this town now.

We listed to a lot of Specials these days. I realize I listened to them back in the day but didn't know who they were. As for Jimmy Cliff and other roots reggae... I can take it in doses. I used to love Bob Marley but unfortunately I listened to him too much and there isn't anything new for a long time now. He's still great, but Legend has been played too many times. The Maytals are pretty good... I don't care much for Peter Tosh, but in doses he's okay. I just prefer ska, that's all. It has corners.

Sarah, I just think it's great that you identify as a housewife in defiance of all the bad press the term has gotten since the 60s. I say "full time mom" and "homemaker" because... well, I'm not married, and I'm certainly not married to my house. Cleaning the house comes at the end of the list after being a mom, making art, writing, design, and pretty much anything else I can find to avoid it. But my grandmother was a housewife all her life and was very happy with it. It's important work... it's a good thing someone is happy in that role!

Thanks for the links Paul... It's almost 2am here and I'm staying in my friend's livingroom tonight so I think it would be rude to listen to them now... but when I get home... woot!

message 27: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony This weekend will, I hope, be the last truly cold winter weekend. The weather people are predicting the 40's early next week...but the twenties this weekend.

I think it's daylight savings time this weekend, too...

I want to watch "The Darjeeling Limited" this weekend...I also need to finish "Beowulf" but the first hour or so hasn't impressed me much. Maybe I need to see it on the big screen. Last night the kids and I watched that toy movie with Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman, and that guy from Arrested Development. Oh, there was a plotline? I'm sorry, I was too busy checking out Ms. Portman...

I finished "Kitchen Confidential" last night, and although I didn't expect much from the book, a few friends recommended it to me, and you know, the book kicked ass. Great read. I'm going to hit "Sputnik Sweetheart" tonight and finish off the Murakami catalog.

The rest of the weekend should be fine...have to figure out something fun to do with the kids...maybe we'll hit a museum or something. I also need to work out...lift weights...I skipped today.

I also could use some solid intoxication. I may try Knob Creek tonight because beer isn't doing it for me lately.

message 28: by Kelly (last edited Mar 07, 2008 08:54AM) (new)

Kelly Um belatedly, as I am just coming back to this thread... I was pretty drunk last weekend, and celtic music was involved at some point (though early 90s and classic rock was more dominant at the band)... and I shudder to think what my boy's poetry would sound like. I'm finding out next time he's trashed though. Thanks for the idea! :)

Thanks for the Kitchen Confidential recommendation, Anthony! I'm getting those all over, so I think I'm going to read that one soon. I also want to see Darjeeling Limited. I mean... it looks pretty predictable, but at least you know what you're getting into with it, and it looks clever.

This weekend, let's see... going to see Miss Pettigrew with the girls (it looks adorable, just deal with it!), going to a theme party this evening. The boys who host do series themes. Last semester was a different decade every party, now they're doing continents. This one's Africa, last one was Australia (which involved a lot of crocodile hunter impressions. Bad, drunken ones). Also, I plan to finish off the Hitchens book that I'm reading, and experiment with cooking and fiddle with new chicken receipes. (If anyone has a good one, I'd like to hear it! I only know how to make breaded chicken!). Then Sat- going out to celebrate the boy's finishing taking the foreign service exam.

I also need to work out today and tomorrow, curse you Anthony for reminding me!

message 29: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony It's almost the weekend! What are you doing this weekend?

Today officially starts my work's spring break. As I'm slightly too old to go south and dance on Mtv I will be staying in Wisconsin. I'm hoping this weekend is supremely mellow. I'm going to finish Bourdain's "Nasty Bits" and maybe start some Nathanel West or Edward Jones (both of which I think I lifted from Donald's list, thanks, Donald). Today in particulary I'm just going to hang out in the library. I don't get to do that very often. Tonight is my kids' "movie night" at their school, so I may spend Friday night watching "Tom and Jerry" in a darkened elementary school gym. There are worse ways to spend a Friday night.

Sidenote...I am a nasty workaholic who checks my work email literally on the hour, even on weekends. This is a bad habit that must stop. I hereby pledge NOT to check my work email from Saturday noon until the Monday of the week after (not the Monday two days later, the Monday nine days later). I swear, this makes me so nervous I become vaguely nausous. But I don't want to be THAT guy, the one who never stops working, the one who doesn't know how to relax, and I've been a lot of that guy for the last five years. So I'm going to grit my teeth and not work for a week. Ok, maybe not grit my teeth...but I'm going to meditate, breathe, and find fun things to do that'll keep me from working. I have about ten new poems in various forms that I need to clean up. My kids are still in school, by the way, and my wife is medium busy, so I'll do other things...a couple of my friends (fellow workaholics from my job) and I are driving down to Chicago for the Hopper retrospective and I want to see a slew of movies and, of course, hide out in my favorite library corner, where I hope to be in twenty years, haunting the library every day like a proper old man. Maybe I'll finish season two of House. The key, I think, to avoiding work this week will be planning other things to do. That way I won't be tempted to check my work email. I'm not being glib here. This will be a challenge.

message 30: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Anthony, I was like that when I ran my first business. I took a vacation after the fourth year and spent the first three days in Hawaii pacing around the condo panicking because I didn't have internet reception. On the morning of the third day something clicked in my head and I suddenly went... wow... who have I become? Fuck this. And I walked out into the sun and spent the next week actually enjoying just BEING. I highly recommend saying to yourself FUCK IT. Try to remember what it felt like to be a kid, sit in the dirt for seven hours, and dig a hole with a stick.

message 31: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 14, 2008 03:11AM) (new)

RandomAnthony Thanks, Char. You're right. I always thought I was pretty simple with this...but I became really complicated without even noticing.

I'm almost afraid to ask....are you up late or up early? It's 3AM in California, if I'm not mistaken.

message 32: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Anthony, I am jealous that your work (which I assume must be in education?) gets spring break. I wish all works had spring break. I think it is a fine college tradition that should stay around. Also jealous of your reading time, and watching Tom and Jerry! That was one of my favorite shows when I was little, along with Rocky and Bullwinkle and the requisite Looney Tunes hour on Saturday morning. I loved Bugs Bunny and the coyote and the Road Runner.

My weekend! Involves a night out tonight with the boy, trying a new Italian restaurant around my apartment. It looks good... let us hope that the prices do not reflect that!... so that should be fun. We're also watching our way through season 2 of Rome. Which is my favorite TV show ever.. perhaps second only to The West Wing... and while I've seen every episode, he hasn't, so its fun.

Tomorrow is DC's Shamrock Fest, i.e.: the irish fest! And being very very Irish myself, and very much raised that way, I am psyched. One of my favorite bands ever (Great Big Sea- celtic rock, out of Newfoundland) is playing the last evening act, and there's gonna be some really cool warm up bands before that, and rugby matches and bagpipe players, etc. It's gonna be ridiculous. I'm sooo psyched.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Tonight we're going to see a teen workshop do Thoroughly Modern Millie at our theatre. Tomorrow I have no plans yet but usually Saturday nights are girls nights out. Sunday night a friend is coming over to hang out. This is also spring break for 2 of my close friends who are high school teachers. Monday, St. Paddy's day, I assume my friends will want to do a pub crawl. Tuesday nights are karaoke and $7 pitchers. Wednesday I wll be sleeping.

message 34: by J (new)

J Today is my little pixie's 4th birthday. My weekend will be filled with cake.

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 14, 2008 05:53PM) (new)

i'm over here messin with rain on the poetry thread
someone may want to come yell at me

message 36: by Howard (new)

Howard (HowardMittelmark) Maureen, be nice to the future of our nation.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm bored
and what future
what nation

i've lost my caps and punctuation all i have left is harassing poetry seekers

:)

message 38: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Anthony... I was up late... again. My sleep schedule has been completely gorked for two weeks now. Maybe I can get it back in line this weekend. Maybe...

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

no no char yell at me on the poetry thread not the maggie thread
you mocker you

message 40: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

oh sorry Maureen... I'll wander over to the poetry thread and yell at you over there... terrible faux pas...

Donald... not getting laid, unfortunately. But, you know... there's other trouble to be had, and I'm a genius at finding it apparently.

I have an auction dinner dance to attend tomorrow night. This evening I am hosting a sleep over with my daughter and 3 of her girl friends. But typically, where there is a gaggle of teenage girls... teenage boys are sure to follow... so there are a couple of them hanging around as well. I'm here to make sure nothing gets set on fire and nobody shoots heroine or gets pregnant. Not on my watch anyway.

Sunday I think I'll have a lobotomy and lay around and drool.

message 41: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 15, 2008 10:01AM) (new)

RandomAnthony I hope everyone's Saturday is going well, including, but not limited to:

1. J's daughter's party...

2. Clarissa's auction, although I hope she got some sleep beforehand...

3. Kelly's Irish dancing...

4. Sarah's play.

All of your weekends sound much more exciting than mine. Donald and I are on the same wavelength, though. Cleaning! Writing! Reading! Television! I'm with you, brother.

In two minutes, at 12:00 Central, the "no work email" stretch begins. Takes a deep breath...

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

coffee from the coffee shop
while watchin the buds come out on the trees in the park

little pollen, catkin, flower things floating down and landing on me

arguin with xio then insulting her and giving up

a little house cleaning

enjoying the sunshine before it settles into rain

checking in with my goodreads acquaintances

message 43: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 28, 2008 06:55AM) (new)

RandomAnthony Ok, it's Friday! What are people doing this weekend?

Low is playing in town for fourteen bucks tonight, and I've never seen them, so I might check them out. Otherwise I have Bergman's "Through The Glass Darkly" from Netflix. Last weekend I watched "Winter Light" and I'm hooked on Bergman's work.

It's also slightly warmer, in the forties, so I might take the kids to a football field for a while. I think my wife has a meeting Saturday morning, so maybe wel'll go then. Oh, and basketball's on. And I really want to lift weights and work out.

Not a bad weekend, really...

message 44: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Like you said, Randomanthony, the weather is warmer here so tomorrow we're going to grill. I don't usually drink beer, but when the weather warms up I love to sit on the back stoop with a beer and hang out while my husband cooks.

I'll also be taking the little one to a farm where the baby animals are starting to be born... it should be fun, but muddy. But baby animals and mud are two of my child's favorite things, so it should be an awesome day for her :)

I'm also looking forward to taking the dog for a couple of walks. With over 100 inches of snow this year and icy sidewalks, she really needs to get outside. I may need to break out my running shoes.

message 45: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, Val and Donna, I don't know if it's the same as you, but the newly exposed ground looks just...destroyed...by the sheer amount of snow this winter. Our grass is grey. I've never seen it like this before. However, some daffodil shoots emerged next to the house today. Hope and daffodils spring eternal.

message 46: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Well, it's 8:45 am (my time) and I am done with my work for the day. It is snowing pretty hard here (nice, King...I know you're pissed!), so I may go home early, not sure. In any event, I will be screwing around on here and reading for the next 6 or so hours! Then, tonight I am going with my brother and his girlfriend to hear his buddy's band play at some dive bar in Eagle Creek. That could be a blast, or dull as hell and I'll be trapped there since I'm not driving!!! Saturday I am going to sleep a ridiculous amount and get some chores done so that Sunday I can simply read to my heart's content. Though, I am feeling a movie marathon coming on. If I get those B-flicks I ordered from Amazon the other day in today's mail...I may watch some BAD sci-fi all day Sunday in my overstuffed chair with my big fat comforter snuggled all around me. Mmmmm, cross fingers the DVD's are in the mail!!!!!

message 47: by Kim (new)

Kim Playing 'hookie' today (what an odd phrase) It's snowing out here too... not so bad, but coating. It sucks when you can smell spring and then this

But I'm in a pretty good mood. I get to take my 12 year old to her first concert this weekend!
They Might Be Giants are playing the Higher Ground (old movie theater turned music hall)
I think that she'll like. I've always enjoyed them. Of course, she'll be completely embarrassed by my overly excited self. Oh well, she'll see me in a whole new way after this.

Oh, and we get to be criminal since it's a 14+ show. I'm such a great role model.

message 48: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Ooh I loved "Winter Light," Anthony. Have you seen "Smiles of a Summer Night"? That's my favorite one of Bergman's work. Let me know how you like the one you're watching this weekend, I haven't seen it.

And awww, baby animals, Val. I wanna go visit baby animals.

My weekend! Tonight we're (the boyfriend and I) going to go see "Flawless," with Michael Caine- it looks GREAT- and then we're going to the surprise party for my best friend. Which is being held at a karaoke bar, so this should get hilarious really fast. HA.

Tomorrow, I'm probably going to go to the cherry blossom festival in the morning, then do some errands, and then go out with a bunch of people for the evening.

Sunday will be spent in bed with my books and doing laundry. I'm sooo excited.

message 49: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (ingenting) Kim, I'm jealous! This weekend I'm going to a friend's house so I can borrow a dress for this stupid wedding that I'm going to because I don't own anything that can be considered "black tie."

On a positive note, I'm going on a hike on Sunday in Del Valle Park, which is a beautiful place that I didn't even know of until last week.

message 50: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant Hi Anthony, my favourite Bergman used to be Persona, did you check that one out? Am amazed anyone could say they enjoy Bergman - I think he's a film maker you survive and look back with a shudder. But if bleak Norwegian existential despair is your thing then there is no finer wine. Just to prove Scandinavians have a sense of humour, though, may I recommend these two obscure gems

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0203166/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323872/

« previous 1