Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Looking for Recs: Genre/Theme > Banter and sexual tension

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shay (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) | 66 comments I am looking for some quick, easy and sexy reads. I love sexy banter and the sexual tension. What I don't want is any controlling behavior from the hero.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1404 comments I'm opposed to cave men pretending to be heroes myself.

Maybe Susan Elizabeth Phillips or Julie James.

message 3: by Tess (new)

Tess McCallum (tess_mccallum) | 17 comments I'm with you Shay. In fact, the book I'm currently writing (Book 5 in the Molly Downs Outback Series) has a lot of that and I'm really enjoying those two characters.

One thing I've never understood are books where the characters can be funny, playful and have a lot of banter, and then they get into the bedroom and phoof! All we get as readers is serious.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what recommendations other readers come up with because I definitely want to read more of this style myself. Have you got any you particularly liked?

message 4: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 7 comments Hmmm, I'm in danger of book whacking here, but all mine are quick sexy reads. And all my heroines are independent feisty types (at least, eventually).

Feel free to browse:
T.L. Clark

A group of us are running a promo this weekend; free & discounted romance books:
https://www.loveindieromance.com/event/

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Jill Shalvis might be what you are looking for.

message 6: by Shay (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) | 66 comments Thanks I do have those authors on my tbr list. I have some on my kindle now.

Right now I am reading I've Got Your Number

Why do some authors write female characters so badly? Poppy is so freaking stupid. I have too many dnf books this year that I don't want to give up on this the way I normally do. She doesn't use her head at all it is all just quick reactions that blow up in her face. Sorry but that isn't cute or endearing. It is annoying. Sorry for the little rant, I just had to get that out. lol

message 7: by Tess (last edited Feb 07, 2017 12:21PM) (new)

Tess McCallum (tess_mccallum) | 17 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Jill Shalvis might be what you are looking for."

Thanks for the tip. I've just TBR'd several of her books. There's a LOT to choose from.

message 8: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments Yes! Shalvis and Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
(When I got a review that said it was like Shalvis, I was over the MOON!)