Beta Reader Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to read YA

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DB (last edited Jun 25, 2017 06:10PM) (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) | 0 comments Hi. I'm an editor as well as a beta reader and love books.
My focus is on YA - all sub-genres.
PM me on Goodreads or e-mail me at guidetogalaxy13@gmail.com.
Add a summary of your book and a few chapters so I can get a feeling for the story.

Please note that I won't be able to take on many projects as I am in college.
-Daniela

message 2: by Salima Bensalah (last edited Jul 20, 2017 05:35AM) (new)

Salima Bensalah | 52 comments Hi Daniela, I hope you are well.

If you aren't swamped by requests, I would greatly appreciate some feedback on my completed YA novel, A Crimson Tide - a dark fantasy fairy tale retelling with romantic elements! The word count is 75K, please find the description is below:

Anna White is certain that the murders in the village are down to more than just wild animal attacks. Suspicious of the village elites, Anna uses the attention of the Mayor's son, Caleb, to her advantage. When Anna uncovers a deep secret about the creature on the outskirts of the village, she cannot trust anyone. She must protect her father and the rest of her village, while battling the seduction of the dark forest.

I would be happy to send the manuscript at your request in PDF or Word doc form. I am specifically looking for feedback about description, pacing and general flow of the story, as well as if the story is generally engaging. I would appreciate a quick turnaround time of a few weeks, but I understand if you have other requests or commits to get to.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,
Salima

message 3: by Ruaridh (new)

Ruaridh (ruaridh_) | 21 comments Hi, Daniela.

Are you still looking for stories to read? I have a Y/A Contemporary novelette that I was hoping you could review/beta read. Please let me know. Thank you!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Lo Hello, Daniela. If you're not already busy enough, I'm looking for beta readers for my YA fantasy novel. I would like to check for plot inconsistencies, character development, and just a general view of what my book is like to my readers.

The story is about a girl living in a war-torn country being slowly deteriorated by the overpowering military force of the opposing country as well as a deranged queen plagued with the effects of certain curse. After being deployed into the military after a secret of hers is revealed, the girl is thrown onto the front lines only to be one of the last ones to survive. That's when a certain royal cat extends his hand (paw?) out to her and asks for her help in breaking the very curse put on her, the queen, and the rest of the country. Along her journey, she meets new, interesting friends and finds new power in both herself and her magic.

I would prefer if you can edit in a Google Doc, however I do Word Doc as well. It's about 90K words long.

If this piques your interest, go ahead and contact me at elizshlo@gmail.com and put something about beta reading in the subject. Thanks!

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul F | 18 comments I have a YA Fantasy complete at 94k. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you more information. Thanks!

-Paul

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin Lockwood (erinlockwood) | 13 comments I'm sure you've had a lot of responses. I've got my completed/edited YA, All of the Rogers. I plan to launch sept 19th. I would really love some honest feedback before I submit for formatting.

Erin

message 7: by Cara (new)

Cara Bingham | 11 comments Hi Daniela

Would you be interested in reading a Historical Romance novel that is just under 40K words?

message 8: by DB (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) | 0 comments Cara wrote: "Hi Daniela

Would you be interested in reading a Historical Romance novel that is just under 40K words?"

Hi Cara. Could you give me more information about the book, please? Feel free to message me on Goodreads.

message 9: by DB (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) | 0 comments Erin wrote: "I'm sure you've had a lot of responses. I've got my completed/edited YA, All of the Rogers. I plan to launch sept 19th. I would really love some honest feedback before I submit for formatting.

Erin"

Hi Erin. It sounds interesting - I looked at the blurb on the group and it sounds interesting. Would you mind sending me a few pages via messaging on Goodreads?

message 10: by DB (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) | 0 comments Paul wrote: "I have a YA Fantasy complete at 94k. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you more information. Thanks!

-Paul"

Hi Paul. Send me more information via messaging. Thanks.

message 11: by DB (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) | 0 comments Liz wrote: "Hello, Daniela. If you're not already busy enough, I'm looking for beta readers for my YA fantasy novel. I would like to check for plot inconsistencies, character development, and just a general vi..."

Hi Liz.

The mention of the cat had me interested. I'll contact you in a day or two - still busy with a few other drafts.

message 12: by Lea (new)

Lea McKee | 36 comments Hi Daniela, I am looking for some feedback on my YA SciFi/Dystopia. I've posted the first 14 chapters on Inkitt for their novel competition. If you click the link below you can see the blurb, and read it on the site. If you would like to continue and beta the full MS I can send you the word document!

Looking for general comments on plot, characters, flow and dialogue. But if you see any glaring spelling/grammatical errors of course it'd be super helpful if you pointed them out!

https://www.inkitt.com/stories/scifi/...

Cheers!

message 13: by DB (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) | 0 comments Lea wrote: "Hi Daniela, I am looking for some feedback on my YA SciFi/Dystopia. I've posted the first 14 chapters on Inkitt for their novel competition. If you click the link below you can see the blurb, and r..."

Hi Lea. Unfortunately, I am unable to take on any more drafts at the moment. If you would like, I could contact you at a later stage when I am free and we can discuss it further there.

Happy writing,
Daniela

message 14: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Atazadeh (bethanyatazadeh) | 33 comments Hi Daniela :)

I know you were busy in June, but since it's mid-July, thought I'd reach out to you!

Would love to have you consider beta reading my novel, it's about 80,000 words at the moment, and my hope is to start sending a few short chapters to my beta readers once a week starting August 1st, for approximately six weeks.

The first two chapters are here on google docs if you're open to considering it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19...

Message me if you're interested, and thanks for considering! :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.