Romance Writers & Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Flashy Monday Discussions > FLASH THIS by February 12th!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 2365 comments Mod
PROMPT: Stop that!

Please, please, please remember to make suggestions for next week in the comments of the above link! We need some help to keep this little game going, eh? Seriously, HEEELPPPP!!!

Annnd share a link to your own blog post HERE .

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Such a good one again, Mistress Ann!! I am in love with this story!!

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Pleeeeeese! They can't get divorced.

hahaha. Great one....but they can't get divorced!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) She shivered from the grimy hand that slid up her belly and cupped her breast.

“Oh, you like that, do you?”

Her eyes were tightly closed, refusing to look Stephen in the eyes as he violated her in the worst way. He still stood by her side, but his hands had touched her everywhere. Softly. Slowly. And every time he moved to a new spot, she shivered with disgust. She tried her hardest not to move an inch, because every time she trembled, he took that as a good sign. It just increased his sickness of wanting to touch her.

“Open your eyes.”

She clenched them tighter. Screaming out in pain, her eyes flew open. The wicked smile on his face almost made her throw up. His hand started to rub the nipple he had just squeezed painfully.

“Don’t make me hurt you…yet. We’re going to have fun. You’ll enjoy every part. I promise.” He smiled brightly at her and then walked to the corner.

She couldn’t stop it then. The tears started to roll down in gentle waves. No matter how hard she tried to keep it in, she couldn’t. As soon as he came back from the dark corner, doing whatever he was doing, he’d hit her again for crying. He already had once.

She was going to die here tonight. Or maybe not tonight. Who knew how long he planned to keep her here, torturing her, hurting her, violating her?

Her tears, just like that, stopped. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of hurting her. Every time he slapped her, or pinched her, or hit her, she saw the maniacal gleam in his eyes. He enjoyed hurting her. So she couldn’t give him any reasons to do that. No crying.

All she needed to do was find her happy place. Let her mind drift away and nothing that he was about to do could hurt her.

“Now, what should we start with?” He walked back into the light, a large silver knife in his right hand, twisting the tip against one of his left fingers.

Suddenly, the knife fell to the ground. His face morphed into fear. “Oh my God, Heather! Who did this to you?”

Shrinking away from his touch, she watched in horror, and a little confusion, as he started to undo the buckle around her right hand.

“Heather, talk to me? What happened? Who did this?”

Was he being serious right now? How delusional was Stephen?

She slowly lowered her right hand to her side as he dashed around the table to undo her left hand. He almost had the binding off when he backed away from the table.

“What the he** are you doing?”

She stared at him, wondering what was happening again.

“You can’t let her go.”

“Stop that! Stop hurting her. I love her.”

“You can’t love this wh*re! She needs to feel the pain.”

“No, stay away from her.”

Stephen bent down, grabbing the ends of his hair. She was scared sh*tless, confused, and now a little concerned for him. Was he having some sort of mental breakdown? Talking to himself. The way his eyes switched in color each time his voice morphed from Stephen to the other crazy maniac. It was the strangest thing she ever saw.

He started talking to himself again, almost shouting and arguing. She had to get out of here. She finished unbuckling her left restraint on her hand, then started to tackle the buckle across her stomach. As soon as it fell away, she tried to sit up. Her body protested the movement. How long had she been lying there? Her muscles ached. Her arms felt like lead, tingling all over having been stretched above her head for so long.

Trying again, she managed to sit up just as a fist came out of nowhere, hitting her jaw. Blood went flying as her lip split. Excruciating pain radiated around her jaw and to the back of her head as she slammed back onto the table.

“Where do you think you’re going, b*tch?” Stephen, or more-like crazy Stephen, rounded the table and picked up the knife.

“Stephen, please…”

“I’m not Stephen. And he won’t be coming back.”

Blood rolled down her chin. Her tongue swiped the bottom row of her teeth. She nearly vomited when it touched a tooth that felt loose. She closed her eyes as he started toward her with the knife high in the air.

A loud grunt sounded. Then a series of curses, followed by flesh pounding flesh.

A warm hand softly touched her cheek. This touch, unlike all the others before, felt safe. She slowly opened her eyes.

“Dash?”

He gave her a crooked smile. “It’s gonna be okay now.”

She started to turn her head to the fight going on in the dark corner of the room, but Dash stopped the movement with another soft touch.

“Don’t look. He’ll never hurt you again. I promise.”

He slid his jacket off and draped it across her body. He quickly undid the ankle restraints, and then without notice, scooped her into his arms. Being in his arms, embraced in a protective cocoon, made her shiver once again. This time, not from disgust. She was a little afraid to look into what that shiver meant. She rested her head against his chest.

“Thank you.”

A light kiss touched her head.

message 5: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Aww, Queen Amanda! You always have a way of taking scary and making it so sweet!! Super cute ending!! ^_^

message 6: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Oops! I missed the other comments haha!!

@Princess Jane: Thank youuu!

@Queen Amanda: Oh, you know the divorce is gonna happen, eh? C'mon. Deep down, you just know...

*snickers*

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Annie wrote: "Aww, Queen Amanda! You always have a way of taking scary and making it so sweet!! Super cute ending!! ^_^"

hahaha. Because I have to have some sort of sweet. *grins*

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Annie wrote: "Oops! I missed the other comments haha!!

@Princess Jane: Thank youuu!

@Queen Amanda: Oh, you know the divorce is gonna happen, eh? C'mon. Deep down, you just know...

*snickers*"

I prefer to live in my delusion that it will not happen!

message 9: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "She shivered from the grimy hand that slid up her belly and cupped her breast.

“Oh, you like that, do you?”

Her eyes were tightly closed, refusing to look Stephen in the eyes as he violated her i..."

Aww, a nice happy ending!!

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Thanks, Jane! Where's your flash? I'm dying here!!!

message 11: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "Thanks, Jane! Where's your flash? I'm dying here!!!"

Haha, its coming, but I really want to finish my work in progress first, I'll probably write my flash fiction over the weekend!

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Jane wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Thanks, Jane! Where's your flash? I'm dying here!!!"

Haha, its coming, but I really want to finish my work in progress first, I'll probably write my flash fiction over the weekend!"

Oh, you're killing me!!! Did I ever tell you I'm not very patient? *grins*

But I guess if you're close to finishing your latest work it's okay. Kinda... *chuckles*

message 13: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 688 comments Mod
I totally just realized that I haven't come and told you all how amazingly fantabulous your flash fictions are! (lol I don't think fictions is even a word but... yeah) I was totally hiding in the corner hyperventilating until Mistress Ann brought me a cupcake and a paper bag so we're all good now!
@Queen Amanda love how you turned the creepy walk on the dark side into an awesome love story!
@Mistress Ann totally dig the angst! (And yeah I see the divorce in their future too! Tee hee! But maybe a reconciliation after words * shrugs* maybe not) totally dig this story!

message 14: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "Oh, you're killing me!!! Did I ever tell you I'm not very patient? *grins*

But I guess if you're close to finishing your latest work it's okay. Kinda... *chuckles*"

Haha, you're funny! Two scenes to go, don't know if I'll get anything done tomorrow but should finish my book Friday, then I'll do my flash fiction!

message 15: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "I was totally hiding in the corner hyperventilating until Mistress Ann brought me a cupcake and a paper bag so we're all good now!"

Haha, Mistress Ann is good at that! And i'm glad you're all good now, so excited that your book is now out, and you have your awesome launch party is just hours away, plus our event is only days away! So much excitement!!

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Ember wrote: "I totally just realized that I haven't come and told you all how amazingly fantabulous your flash fictions are! (lol I don't think fictions is even a word but... yeah) I was totally hiding in the c..."

*smiles* I try! Thank you so much!

message 17: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Umm . . . my flash fiction kinda took a super different turn this week and is way light and sweet and cutesy!! Please don't kick me out of the dark club Mistress Ann and Ember!!

Here it is . . .

"Don't! Stop that!" Lacey giggled as she squirmed on the bed.

"Stop? The tickle monster can't stop," Steven chuckled as he continued to tickle his three-year-old daughter.

"Butterfly kisses make him stop," Lacey shrieked with delight.

"So they do," he agreed, lifting her so that she stood on the mattress, and bending his knees so he was eye to eye with his little girl. "Okay, ready?" he asked with one more tickle to her tummy.

"Ready," she grinned at him, her blue eyes twinkling merrily, her blonde curls pulled back into a ponytail, messy from sleep. Lacey was every bit as beautiful as her mother and was bound to grow up to be every bit as smart and sweet.

"Butterfly kiss time," he and Lacey both leaned in, and his daughter held her eye close to his cheek and fluttered her eyelashes. Then held out her cheek for him to do the same to her.

"Okay, you two, breakfast is served," a voice announced from the door.

"Pancakes, mommy?" Lacey asked.

"Yes, my little angel," Dorothy replied.

"Yay," Lacey bounced up and down happily.

"You know who else the tickle monster loves to tickle?" he whispered to his daughter.

"Who, daddy?" she whispered back.

"Mommy," he winked at her, and held her hand as she jumped off the bed. The two of them ran to Dorothy and began to tickle her.

His wife was extremely ticklish and within seconds was laughing so hard tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Enough, enough, stop," Dorothy managed to get out between peals of laughter.

Steven relented and said, "you know how to stop the tickle monster."

"With a kiss," Dorothy replied, planting one on his mouth. "Now you two, downstairs for breakfast."

"Piggy back ride please, daddy," Lacey clapped her hands excitedly.

Steven lifted his daughter on to his back and followed his wife downstairs for pancakes.

Nothing beat Saturday mornings with his family.

message 18: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Sorry ladies I totally missed your comments yesterday in all the madness!! So much excitement and more to come! Can't wait!!! Princess Jane I can't speak for Mistress Ann but I would never kick you out of the dark club for one cutesy story and that was the sweetest thing ever!! My son gives me butterfly kisses all the time!! Adorable!!

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Love! You speak to my romantic heart, Princess Jane! Welcome to light side:) *smiles brightly*

message 20: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "Sorry ladies I totally missed your comments yesterday in all the madness!! So much excitement and more to come! Can't wait!!! Princess Jane I can't speak for Mistress Ann but I would never kick you..."

Haha, yeah its gonna be a great weekend!! And thanks, I don't wanna leave the dark club cos I can't write this cutesy stuff every week! And thanks again!!

message 21: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "Love! You speak to my romantic heart, Princess Jane! Welcome to light side:) *smiles brightly*"

Haha, thanks, Queen Amanda!! Its fun to visit you on the light side!!

message 22: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Jane wrote: "Ember wrote: "Sorry ladies I totally missed your comments yesterday in all the madness!! So much excitement and more to come! Can't wait!!! Princess Jane I can't speak for Mistress Ann but I would ..."
No Problemo!! yeah I can see that! HAHAHA!!

message 23: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Ok here's mine! I bet Princess Jane can guess where the inspiration for this came from! Tee hee!

There was something weird about the dog she just got. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. The man said he was a husky but she had never seen a husky that was pure white before. He looked like a beautiful arctic wolf. He had the bluest eyes and silky fur.
She watched him warily as he lounged on the couch in her little house. They say he laid there was almost…human. She shook off that thought and continued to stare until he pierced her with his blue eyed gaze. There was an eerie sort of intelligence behind those eyes and she shivered.
That's it. No more Paranormal Romance novels for awhile!
She was seriously starting to lose it. So when the hair along his back stood on end and he growled low in his throat staring at the front door before a knock could even sound, she jumped a foot off the ground.
“Stop that,” she scolded and the dog whined.
Shaking her head in defeat, she walked to the front door and opened it to find a disheveled Mason standing on the other side. The growling intensified and she looked over at Luke sternly. The man she got him from had said he wouldn't answer to anything else and to never baby talk to him like most people do to dogs so she shrugged and went on her way.
“Luke!” She shrieked as he lunged for Mason snarling.
“You need to get rid of that da*n thing, Aurora,” Mason shouted as he jumped back.
Luke was in front of her now. Snapping and snarling pushing her back with his big body. She had heard somewhere that dogs were an excellent judge of character. Maybe Luke was right and the only one she needed to get rid of was Mason. She couldn't figure out what the dogs problem was but she new they both couldn't stay in her life because eventually someone was bound to get hurt.
“I can't just get rid of him. The man said if I give him back then they will have to put him down.”
“It's either him or me, Aurora.”
Luke looked up at her with sad eyes. It seemed those eyes knew exactly what they were saying. Her heart crumbled at the very idea of giving him up and what could happen to him. Looking up at the enraged Mason made her decision easy.
“I'm sorry Mason, but I can't let them put him down and if you don't like it then I guess this is goodbye,” she sighed.
Mason stormed off grumbling something about mangy mutts and she looked down at Luke. His eyes seemed to be laughing. Was it possible for a dog to look smug? Maybe I should see a shrink, she thought to herself. Luke yipped happily and jumped up to lick her face.
“Come on buddy, lets go get you some food.”
He jumped down and walked to the refrigerator wagging his tale the whole way. Aurora did a double take and shook her head in dismay.
“I seriously have to stop reading so many books,” she grumbled and the sound that fell from Luke's mouth sounded like a laugh.

message 24: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Ember wrote: "I can't speak for Mistress Ann but I would never kick you out of the dark club for one cutesy story and that was the sweetest thing ever!!"

I'm kicking her out. She can earn readmission by torturing a few characters till all you can here is the glorious sound of blood-curdling screams. Yes. Yesssss. And what a fantabulous flash, ma'am!!

@Princess Jane: Okay. That was actually reeeeally adorbs!!! ^_^

@The Light Side: We have better cookies. So pfft!

message 25: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Heck yeah we have better cookies! Pfft was there ever a question? And thank ya Mistress!

message 26: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "Ok here's mine! I bet Princess Jane can guess where the inspiration for this came from! Tee hee!

There was something weird about the dog she just got. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. The ..."

Haha, Ember, I bet Apache would be thrilled to be the inspiration for this week's flash fiction!!

message 27: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Hahaha! Yes!! And you even remembered his name! Lol! My giant wolf-like doggie would be thrilled hahaha

message 28: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Annie wrote: "Ember wrote: "I can't speak for Mistress Ann but I would never kick you out of the dark club for one cutesy story and that was the sweetest thing ever!!"

I'm kicking her out. She can earn readmiss..."

Nooooo, I don't wanna be kicked out!

Haha, I guess next week's flash fiction will have to feature some torture and screams then!! Haha!!

And thank you!

message 29: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Jane wrote: "I guess next week's flash fiction will have to feature some torture and screams then"

I shall reserve your spot on the dark side ^_~

message 30: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "Hahaha! Yes!! And you even remembered his name! Lol! My giant wolf-like doggie would be thrilled hahaha"

Yep totally remembered his name, he is gorgeous!!

message 31: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Oh man he totally is and he is such a good dog! I love him already!

message 32: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Annie wrote: "Jane wrote: "I guess next week's flash fiction will have to feature some torture and screams then"

I shall reserve your spot on the dark side ^_~"

Thank you! I can't live on the light side cos I'd run out of stuff to write pretty quickly, like already!!

message 33: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "Oh man he totally is and he is such a good dog! I love him already!"

If we lived close we could have given our doggies a play date!

message 34: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Right?!?! But alas we live on opposite ends of the world *sigh* :(

message 35: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "Right?!?! But alas we live on opposite ends of the world *sigh* :("

I actually brought Ivory with me when I lived in San Diego, and I got Pearl while we were there, so my doggies are world travellers!

message 36: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

You used to live in San Diego? I'm like a 4 hour drive from there!

message 37: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "You used to live in San Diego? I'm like a 4 hour drive from there!"

I lived there for a while a couple of years ago, I loved it!! Haha, if I was still there we really would have been able to have a doggie play date!

message 38: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Right?!?! That would be awesome! Lol

message 39: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "Right?!?! That would be awesome! Lol"

Very awesome!!

message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Ember wrote: "Ok here's mine! I bet Princess Jane can guess where the inspiration for this came from! Tee hee!

There was something weird about the dog she just got. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. The ..."

Oh, this was great! And not dark at all. hahaha. I'm rubbing off on both you and Princess Jane. *smirks* It's okay to come to the light side once in a while!

message 41: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Annie wrote: "@The Light Side: We have better cookies. So pfft!"

bahahahaha

@The Dark Side: We have cake, cupcakes, brownies, candy, and the best fudge! Keep your cookies!

hehehehe

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Jane wrote: "Annie wrote: "Jane wrote: "I guess next week's flash fiction will have to feature some torture and screams then"

I shall reserve your spot on the dark side ^_~"

Thank you! I can't live on the lig..."

It's okay. you don't gonna live there, but visiting is always nice. The light side says thank you. *big hug*

message 43: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Jane wrote: "Ember wrote: "Oh man he totally is and he is such a good dog! I love him already!"

If we lived close we could have given our doggies a play date!"

Can Curley come to the doggie play date? Can he? Can he?

message 44: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "Annie wrote: "@The Light Side: We have better cookies. So pfft!"

bahahahaha

@The Dark Side: We have cake, cupcakes, brownies, candy, and the best fudge! Keep your cookies!

hehehehe"

Haha, so tempting to stay and visit a while longer and eat all these delicious treats!

message 45: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "It's okay. you don't gonna live there, but visiting is always nice. The light side says thank you. *big hug*"

I like visiting you!!

message 46: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "Can Curley come to the doggie play date? Can he? Can he?"

He totally can!!

Ugh I was just about to get up this morning when Ivory decided to stretch on the bed and her paw got me right in the ear, knocked one of my earrings out and cut my ear open, so annoying!

message 47: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Oh no, Princess Jane, hope you're feeling better. Curley gets me all the time with his nails when he jumps on me. Lol. Gotta love our fur babies:)

message 48: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Amanda wrote: "Keep your cookies!"

@The Light Side: We will cuz you couldn't handle our cookies anyway *evil smirk*

message 49: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Right?!?!

message 50: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Annie wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Keep your cookies!"

@The Light Side: We will cuz you couldn't handle our cookies anyway *evil smirk*"

Haha I probably couldn't. Knowing the Dark Side they might be poisonous or something. Lol *sneaks a cookie* yum! Okay, not poisonous, but delicious!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.