What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance wife training for old rich men of society

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 5 comments Lady owns a big house and her nephew trains young virgin women to be the "proper" aristocratic last wife for aging wealthy men of society. He pairs the women with gentle men who wont abuse the young brides and the men pay him for his "services". He falls for one the girls he is training for an old family friend who is actually in love with the aunt and marries her instead, leaving the young woman free to marry the nephew.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Dawn, when did you read it or about when was it published? Remember the cover? Author male or female? What country/region and time period is the setting?

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Dawn, when did you read it or about when was it published? Remember the cover? Author male or female? What country/region and time period is the setting?"

I read it maybe early to mid 90's the first time but read it multiple times. It was maybe late 1700's, early 1800's and I THINK it took place in England. I belive it was a female author. At one point in the book he takes the girl to be "verified pure" to make sure her hymen is stil in place and another point he takes her to a brothel to watch a coupling so she knows what to expect after she is to be married

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Dawn, are you still looking for this or did you find it?