2021 ONTD Reading Challenge discussion

Night  (The Night Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Night
2017 ♦️ARCHIVES♦️ February > Discussion Post - Night by Elie Wiesel

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Juliana (julzreads) | 94 comments I'm sure a lot of people have read this book before but I finally took the time to read it. I read it in sitting because it was captivating.
The book is so haunting and infuriating. The fact that they were treated so poorly and like animals is just insane. It's commendable that Wiesel survived because he sounded like he was on the verge of death for a while.
There was one part that made me gasp out loud...where he should have stayed in the infirmary because he would have gotten his freedom sooner.
I liked that at the end of the book, he clearly stated that revenge was never the emotion amongst them. They were just so happy to be free that it didn't matter any more.

Monica (smileymon) | 1 comments I chose to read this as my February book as well, and had the same reaction when he found out he should've stayed in the infirmary! I thought it was a great read. However, I'm not sure I want to read the other 2 books in the trilogy, will you be reading them?

Juliana (julzreads) | 94 comments I don't think I will. I didn't know there were two other books for the longest time and I rarely get asked for the others at the library. I think one is enough for me. It was heavy enough for me.