Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading February 6?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2037 comments Mod
Happy February, y'all!

This week I'm starting off with Sweet Deal by Logan Harper.

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1221 comments I'm about to start an ARC of Teach Me Something by Audrey Bondurant.

The Duke by Kerrigan Byrne releases this week. From early reviews posted, there has been a mixed reaction to this one. I loved it, but I've loved each instalment. :-)

message 3: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1878 comments Mod
I finished the new Jill Shalvis last night: Accidentally on Purpose. Overall I enjoyed it, but I'm not really loving this latest Heartbreaker Bay series like some of her others. Which is inevitable, I guess, with a prolific author. Might just need to reread some old favorites. Like the Wilder brothers.

message 4: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Just finished Seven Minutes in Heaven by EJ yesterday. I really enjoyed it. It had one of my favorite tropes - I love when the H/h isn't what he/she seems. It makes for great grovel scenes.

Not sure what's up next. I've got Kelly Bowen's Duke of My Heart ready if I want to stay with historicals. It's always hard after I read a really great book to stay in that genre cause anything after always seems to pale in comparison.

message 5: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I did a quick reread of Balogh's Someone to Hold in order to write a review and liked it better on the second read--maybe because I compared it less to the Survivors' Club books, which I rank with her finest work. Balogh is planning a book for the bigamously wed countess (#4), and I am really looking forward to that one. It's not often that a historical romance features a heroine old enough to have three adult children, and then there's the drama of the former countess's situation. The story promises to be fascinating. Today I will begin reading What it Takes by Shannon Stacey. I'm a big Kowalski Family fan, so I'm excited about this family reunion book.

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1221 comments Irisheyes wrote: "Just finished Seven Minutes in Heaven by EJ yesterday. I really enjoyed it. It had one of my favorite tropes - I love when the H/h isn't what he/she seems. It makes for great grovel..."

I have the same problem which is why I'm lucky I like so many sub-genres. :-)

message 7: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2059 comments Mod
I agree Manda . I love the Wilder brothers. This new Shalvis didn't work st all for me.

The next Balogh is out tomorrow. It will be my reward for preparing for a big meeting Friday. And then the new Aaronovitch Rivers of London book.

message 8: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2059 comments Mod
Ooh Janga I didn't know about the Countess' book which sounds wonderful or the Kowalski--I didn't enjoy the series Shannon Stacey did recently but that sounds good.

message 9: by Janga (new)

Dls wrote: "Ooh Janga I didn't know about the Countess' book which sounds wonderful or the Kowalski--I didn't enjoy the series Shannon Stacey did recently but that sounds good."

Deb, I think the Countess's book will probably be a 2018 pub. Someone to Wed, Alexander Westcott's story, is next. The Kowalski book, OTOH, will be released February 28, so not long to wait on that one. The last Tuesday in February is definitely a Super Tuesday in Romancelandia--a ton of new releases on that day. I have nine review books releasing that day, including Meredith Duran's, which I loved.

message 10: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1878 comments Mod
Dls wrote: "I agree Manda . I love the Wilder brothers. This new Shalvis didn't work st all for me.

The next Balogh is out tomorrow. It will be my reward for preparing for a big meeting Friday. And then the ..."

Glad to hear its not just me, Deb. When I love her writing I really love it, so i think that's why disappointment is so hard. :(

message 11: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2059 comments Mod
Nine Janga? I only have three releases on my list the last day in February --Kleypas, Duran and now Stacey. Who am I missing?

message 12: by Janga (new)

Dls wrote: "Nine Janga? I only have three releases on my list the last day in February --Kleypas, Duran and now Stacey. Who am I missing?"

Deb, the Kleypas actually releases a week earlier on Fenruary 21.
Others on my 2-28 review list are My Fair Duchess, Megan Frampton; Montana Mornings, Kim Law; Starting Over on Blackberry Lane, Sheila Roberts; A Million Little Things, Susan Mallery; Passion Favors the Bold, Theresa Romain; Perfect for You, Candis Terry; The Undateable, Sarah Title. And on my TBB list is Starlight Bridge, Debbie Mason.

message 13: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 2 comments I'm finally starting Because of Miss. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn. I'm already a big fan of Julia so I have high expectations, but it was 2016's runner up for best romance if I remember correctly so I'm not worried.

message 14: by Calila (last edited Feb 07, 2017 01:00PM) (new)

Calila ETA: found the appropriate thread. Sorry!

message 15: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1128 comments OMG I am devastated! The kindle edition of the Kleypas has a different cover to the gorgeous printed version!!! #firstworldproblems

(yes I just hashtagged hahahah)

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I totally commented on the wrong thread (derp) I'm reading #6 in the desperate duchess series just re-reading my way through the series...