Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

2017 Level 1 (Snoop) > Cayleigh's Cozy Cruise

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cayleigh (last edited Feb 06, 2017 12:15AM) (new)

Cayleigh Stickler (anonymouskitten) | 13 comments I'm thrilled to be a part of this challenge! I've picked up a cozy series, at a Little Free Library no less, and I'm on book 6 of 10. I plan on broadening my horizons after the series is completed, though, since I jumped on the cozy bandwagon, or, um, couch? (At least some of the books for later challenges will have been read already!) My goal this year is to review every book I read.

Culinary:
Animal:
Craft: The Quick and the Thread - 4 stars
Paranormal:
British:
Career:
Holiday:
Travel:
Historical:
Freebie:

message 2: by Cayleigh (new)

Cayleigh Stickler (anonymouskitten) | 13 comments Since I've been reading through this series - and am now on book 7 - I think I will create a post in the other challenges to update these books for them. (I hope that's allowed?) It'd ensure I don't forget to add them later.

message 3: by Cayleigh (new)

Cayleigh Stickler (anonymouskitten) | 13 comments Well, now I know how the challenge works - we're supposed to choose one challenge - I feel more relieved. [I'm still aiming for all 100 books, though!] Now, I am working on compiling a list of cozies to read throughout the year, and I'm getting ridiculously excited.

Too bad the cozies I write won't count until they're published! I have a twenty-two book series to plan this year - with a goal to write six of them each year. More shall be revealed! :)

message 4: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) What a piece of luck finding a complete series at one of the Little Free Libraries!

Good luck with this Challenge and with your own books.

message 5: by Cayleigh (new)

Cayleigh Stickler (anonymouskitten) | 13 comments My wording was a little confusing. I wish I found the whole series! (I've been lucky before, though they were smaller series.) I found the first of the series and immediately ran to four branches of libraries to check out the rest. My poor partner had no idea what to think of me!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to this challenge. I had no idea there were so many subgenres of cozies. It'll be great to get a little overview of the genre overall. Of course, it's an excuse to play around with my own writing as well. Good luck with your challenge too!

message 6: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Ah. At least it led you to discover the series and that's the main thing.

I had no idea about all the cozy subgenres either. In fact, I only thought of them as something like Christie's Miss Marple series. It turned out that a lot of series I already read were actually considered cozies.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Drake Gephart (ashdhart) | 4 comments Thank you Cayleigh for introducing me to this challenge!

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Cayleigh wrote: "I'm thrilled to be a part of this challenge! I've picked up a cozy series, at a Little Free Library no less, and I'm on book 6 of 10. I plan on broadening my horizons after the series is completed,..."

I love Amanda Lee and her series. I read her latest it's great.

Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Quick and the Thread (other topics)