Read by Theme discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
What We're Reading > February 2017: Titles Starting with "The"

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amara, Group Creator (last edited Feb 05, 2017 07:11PM) (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments (view spoiler)

Our February poll has closed, and Titles Starting with "The" won with 43% of votes.

This is one of the most inclusive themes we've ever done, so finding a book should be extremely easy!

Remember that once you've finished your book(s) for the month, you're always welcome to start a discussion topic here (which works best if there are others in the group who have read or are currently reading the book in question) or post your thoughts (or just drop a link to your review!) in the thread below.

And don't forget to vote on the poll for March's theme here and the poll for April's theme here.

message 2: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (flux336) | 41 comments I will be re-reading The Sandman Book of Dreams by Neil Gaiman

It comforts me and I have been having a rough couple of weeks.

message 3: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 33 comments I started The Last Orphans (The Last Orphans, #1) by N.W. Harris last month but haven't made much progress. I'll be reading that one for February.

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace | 2 comments Ill be reading The Invasion of the Tearling. First book got me hangin and finally bought the sequel

message 5: by Sara (last edited Feb 07, 2017 03:30PM) (new)

Sara | 57 comments This month's theme is my favorite :0) So many books to choose from... Sky is the limit....
So far I have finished The Sympathizer & The Boat and I am going to read:
[book:The Ancient Ship, The Lost Wife|11010251], The Journey Back and The House of Mirth

message 6: by Amara, Group Creator (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments Felicia wrote: "I will be re-reading The Sandman Book of Dreams by Neil Gaiman

It comforts me and I have been having a rough couple of weeks."

I'm sorry to hear that, Felicia. I hope things start looking up for you asap!

message 7: by Jasmiina (new)

Jasmiina F (slipperbunny) I read The Inferno, which my co-worker borrowed to me.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I just finished The Camel Club a genre I normally don't read but a book I enjoyed once I got into it.

message 9: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 33 comments I'm starting The 5th Wave later today. I don't remember reading more than one book that fit the month's theme in a while.

message 10: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments Kristell wrote: "I'm starting The 5th Wave later today. I don't remember reading more than one book that fit the month's theme in a while."

Actually, from my perspective it would have been more inclusive if the theme had been the word "the" appearing somewhere in the title. I am about to read a book with a title that contains "the", but have yet to read a book whose title starts with "the".

message 11: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 33 comments Shomeret wrote: "Kristell wrote: "I'm starting The 5th Wave later today. I don't remember reading more than one book that fit the month's theme in a while."

Actually, from my perspective it would h..."

Aww, it's like such an easy theme you'd think you'll find lots of books. But when I looked at the ones I was reading, hardly any started with the. So I was excited when the 5th wave was an option

message 12: by Tim (new)

Tim Smith I am reading The Catcher in the Rye. Back in high school (around 40 years ago) I was given a choice between this book and To Kill a Mockingbird. I chose To Kill a Mockingbird. I am finally reading this one for the first time.

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne | 68 comments I am going to read The Queen's Promise by Lyn Andrews, it is about Anne Boleyn and Henry Percy. The Queen's Promise by Lyn Andrews

message 14: by Shomeret (last edited Feb 19, 2017 09:10AM) (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I have finally read a book with a title beginning with "the". It's The Unquiet Dead by Ausma Zehanat Khan. This is the first in a mystery series taking place in Canada. It has an Islamic protagonist. It deals with atrocities in Bosnia. I thought it was a very powerful book.

message 15: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (flux336) | 41 comments Amara wrote: "Felicia wrote: "I will be re-reading The Sandman Book of Dreams by Neil Gaiman

It comforts me and I have been having a rough couple of weeks."

I'm sorry to hear that, Felicia. I hope things s..."

Thanks, Amara! Books make everything better!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.