The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Important Items > Nominations for the Feb / Mar 2017 Group Read - 'G' Authors

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments It's time for the nominations for the Feb / Mar 2017 group read. This month you'll be nominating mysteries/crime fiction that were written by authors whose last name begins with the letter 'G'. There are a number of great series and standalone novels that fall into this category.

Authors we've read as a group before are okay to nominate, but please make sure we haven't read the particular book. My next post will list the specific books we're already read.

NOW -- for the usual stuff:

1. If your nomination wins the poll vote, you will become the de facto discussion leader. Do NOT nominate a book if you do not wish to do this.

2. When a book gets to the poll, please please please -- if you don't really want to read it, don't vote for it.

3. This is not the place for authors to promote their own work.

4. If the book is in a series, it might be wise to start with book #1 rather than somewhere mid-series.

Let the nominations begin!

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments These are books we've previously read by 'G' authors:

- Robert Galbraith - Cormoran Strike, 1, 2 and 3
- Tess Gerritsen - Rizzolie & Isles #'s 1 and 9, and The Bone Garden
- Graham Greene - The Honorary Consul
- John Grisham - The Racketeer & The Pelican Brief
- R.S. Guthrie - Dark Prairies

message 3: by Bill (last edited Feb 09, 2017 04:39PM) (new)

Bill | 5464 comments Nominations List -

1. The Visitant by Kathleen O'Neal Gear, nominated by Sally
2. Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner, nominated by Skye
3. A Great Deliverance by Elizabeth George, nominated by PaulaThe One Man
4. The Color of Law by Mark Gimenez, nominated by Bill
5. When She Was Gone by Gwendolen Gross, nominated by Britney
6. Good as Gone by Amy Gentry, nominated by Natalie
7. The Ministry of Fear by Graham Greene, nominated by Tom
8. The One Man by Andrew Gross, nominated by Sarah89
9. A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton, nominated by Cassia
10. The Anodyne Necklace by Martha Grimes. nominated by Suzy
11. The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths, nominated by Sherrie

message 4: by Sally (new)

Sally (saldragski) | 31 comments The Visitant by Elizabeth O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear.

message 5: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Missing, Presumed... by Susie Steiner

message 6: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments Skye wrote: "Missing, Presumed... by Susie Steiner"

The authors last name must end in 'G', Skye. Please try again. Thanks.. :)

message 7: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments I am so sorry!

message 8: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner.

message 9: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments Skye wrote: "I am so sorry!"

No problem. :)

message 10: by Neill (new)

Neill Smith | 4 comments Anything by Elizabeth George - the Lynley Mysteries

message 12: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments I think I'll throw in a nomination here, a book I've wanted to read for awhile, The Colour of Law (Scott Fenny, #1) by Mark Gimenez The Colour of Law by Mark Gimenez

message 13: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments I'll wait a couple of more days. Only 4 books nominated so far.

message 14: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 125 comments I nominate When She Was Gone by Gwendolyn Gross

message 15: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 58 comments I nominate Good as Gone Good as Gone by Amy Gentry by Amy Gentry.

message 16: by Tom (new)

Tom Mathews | 980 comments I'd like to nominate The Ministry of Fear by Graham Greene. I loved the movie and would now like to read the book.
The Ministry of Fear by Graham Greene

message 17: by Sara89 (new)

Sara89 | 7 comments I nominate The One Man by Andrew Gross.

message 18: by Cassia (new)

Cassia Watakabe | 17 comments I nominate A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone, #1) by Sue Grafton A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton.

message 19: by Wend (new)

Wend (wends) | 44 comments I second Ministry of Fear, on my tbr list and haven't read Graham Greene in years.

message 20: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) | 660 comments I nominate The Anodyne Necklace, 3rd book in the Richard Jury series.

message 21: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Cassia wrote: "I nominate A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone, #1) by Sue Grafton A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton."

Anything by Grafton is great with me.

message 22: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (sbrittig) | 47 comments I nominate The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths

message 23: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments I would like to read that: I'm up to U Is for Undertow

message 24: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) | 660 comments Cassia wrote: "I nominate A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone, #1) by Sue Grafton A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton."

while I'm deeper into the alphabet with this series, I think it would be fun to go back and reread where it all started.

message 25: by Garry (new)

Garry | 17 comments Bill wrote: "I think I'll throw in a nomination here, a book I've wanted to read for awhile, The Colour of Law (Scott Fenny, #1) by Mark Gimenez The Colour of Law by Mark Gimenez"
Seconded

message 26: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Suzy wrote: "Cassia wrote: "I nominate A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone, #1) by Sue Grafton A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton."

while I'm deeper into the alphabet with this series, I think it would be fun to go back and ..."

A great idea, and believe it or not, I can't find my copy, and I have all the other ones.

message 27: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments The first nomination was for A is for Alibi. I'll put that one up. The poll will go up tomorrow.

message 28: by Warren (new)

Warren | 4 comments The Third Man by Graham Green
(Basis for the movie with Orson Wells)

message 29: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments Warren wrote: "The Third Man by Graham Green
(Basis for the movie with Orson Wells)"

I hate to do this to you, Warren. We've already got a novel by Graham Greene.

message 30: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments Setting up the poll now. I won't accept anymore nominations.

message 31: by Tom (new)

Tom Mathews | 980 comments Bill wrote: "Warren wrote: "The Third Man by Graham Green
(Basis for the movie with Orson Wells)"

I hate to do this to you, Warren. We've already got a novel by Graham Greene."

And it, too, is the basis for a movie.

message 32: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5464 comments The books that will make up the Feb/ Mar 2017 group read are A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton (Moderator Cassia) and Good as Gone by Amy Gentry (Moderator Natalie). If I get a moderator for Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner, I'll open a thread for that as well. Just waiting for a response. Thanks for taking part and voting