DFW Planetary Society Book Club discussion

Rendezvous with Rama > Rendezvous with Rama discussion, TAG SPOILERS!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 82 comments Mod
So, I know I promised a meatier book this time. As I told everyone at the hangout today, I lied. February is a short month, and the book I had picked is very long. This book is a sci fi classic, and the author is one of the most renowned in the genre. I haven't yet read this one, but I hope everyone enjoys it! We'll be doing this one quickly to open up more time next month for the one I had originally planned. I will try to aim the hangout for the 26th and then we'll start the next one immediately after. Happy reading!

message 2: by Markie (new)

Markie (vegoego) | 90 comments Mod
I hit the 34% mark yesterday and I'm listening to the book again this time.

Ok....does anyone else think the narrator sounds like a Vulcan? For real, he has zero emotion while narrating but fakes it ok during dialog. Just tossing that out there.

As far as the actual story line, I'm digging it a lot. The archaeologist in me wants to know about the Raman culture SO BAD. Why is the ship so new? Is this like a Pompeii situation?

I MUST KNOW.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Yeah the audio is a little rough. I'm really liking the story though. And there's a ton of science that we'll be able to talk about. Looking forward to discussing this one!

How is everyone else liking it so far?

message 4: by Markie (new)

Markie (vegoego) | 90 comments Mod
Dude, I want a dragonfly.
I'd crash immediately but I want one.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Ok, its been quiet in here this month, but with the lack of a hangout this month, I'd love to hear your thoughts here.

My spoilery commentary begins now: (and super warning...I do discuss the VERY end of the book, so don't click this unless you have finished the WHOLE thing.)

(view spoiler)

message 6: by Tim (new)

Tim | 33 comments Here are my thoughts after having finished the book.

(view spoiler)