What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult fiction/Chick lit by Indian author (in English). About an Indian woman/couple in Bombay/Delhi. MC is talking to his 2nd wife? about how his first wife died, how his mother was responsible, how he knew about it and didn't do anything.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Avantika (new)

Avantika Pyper | 5 comments Need the name of the book / the author.

All I remember is that the book was written by an Indian Author and all I remember is this scene where the MC is talking I think to his 2nd wife and he tells her how his first wife died and how his mother was responsible and how he knew about it and didn't do anything..something along those lines and the book was about characters living in Bombay or Delhi.. I think I read it when I was in college so in the year 2000s

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37356 comments Mod
Makes me think of Rohinton Mistry, and the only book I've read by him is A Fine Balance. That scene sounds vaguely familiar.

message 3: by Avantika (new)

Avantika Pyper | 5 comments That author doesn't sound familiar but will read it and give it a go.. I think the book was based in modern India... Thank you anyhow

message 4: by Avantika (new)

Avantika Pyper | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Makes me think of Rohinton Mistry, and the only book I've read by him is A Fine Balance. That scene sounds vaguely familiar."

Read the book although it's very good not the one I'm looking for thank you anyway

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37356 comments Mod
Avantika, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Avantika (new)

Avantika Pyper | 5 comments No never did find it I'm afraid!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 31539 comments Mod
Avantika, is still looking for this book:

"Novel by Indian author written in English; MC is talking I think to his 2nd wife and he tells her how his first wife died and how his mother was responsible and how he knew about it and didn't do anything.
Need the name of the book / the author.

All I remember is that the book was written by an Indian Author and all I remember is this scene where the MC is talking I think to his 2nd wife and he tells her how his first wife died and how his mother was responsible and how he knew about it and didn't do anything..something along those lines and the book was about characters living in Bombay or Delhi.. I think I read it when I was in college so in the year 2000s

Definitely a modern story and the couple featured would have been well off and city based.
would have been set in the 90s if I read it in 2000s, possibility that it's a female author - not sure but kind of similar writing to Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Not a lot to go on I'm aware but any ideas would be helpful. Someone a while ago did suggest it was A Fine Balance by Rohinton mistry but it wasn't it."

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Fine Balance (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rohinton Mistry (other topics)