Cozy Mysteries discussion

Peaches and Scream (Georgia Peach Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Peaches and Scream
Featured Cozy Authors > Featured Author - Feb 2017 - Susan Furlong

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Feb 05, 2017 06:11PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
The featured author for Feb 2017 is Susan Furlong/Susan Furlong-Bolliger, also writes as Lucy Arlington

The authors official website:
http://www.susanfurlong.com/home.html

She has a lot of mysteries to her credit, but one cozy series of 3 books: A Georgia Peach Mystery.

Peaches and Scream (Georgia Peach Mystery, #1) by Susan Furlong Peaches and Scream

Novel Idea Series
https://www.goodreads.com/series/6942...

message 2: by Barb (new) - added it

Barb | 913 comments The author of the books in the Novel Idea series has always been listed as Lucy Arlington. When book #5 was released a year ago, though, it changed to showing both Arlington and Susan Furlong as authors. I didn't realize until recently that they are the same person.

message 3: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
Yes, all the various names they write under can get confusing. I think I've got all this author's listed.

message 4: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1154 comments I've read the first in Lucy Arlngton's Novel Idea series Buried in a Book. I have the next one Every Trick in the Book in my TBR. I plan to pick the series back up this month.

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Read the first in the Georgia Peach series and really liked it. Have #2 in The Pile. Read the first 2 books in the Novel Idea series. Liked the first one, not so much the 2nd!

Sarah Dykes | 1 comments The Georgia Peach series is one of my absolute favourites! Just picked up War and Peach. Looking forward to reading it!

message 7: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1154 comments Started the second in her Novel Ideas series, Every Trick in the Book

Every Trick in the Book (Novel Idea, #2) by Lucy Arlington

message 8: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 17354 comments Mod
Currently reading Buried in a Book.

Mark Baker (carstairs38) | 488 comments I've read all three of the Georgia Peach series and really loved them.

message 10: by Julesy (new)

Julesy | 1300 comments I loved the Novel Idea series when it was co-written by J.B. Stanley (aka Ellery Adams) and Sylvia May. When Susan Furlong took over with book #5, I noticed a vast difference in the writing. It was a book that was part of a discussion in a group I'm in and we all noticed the difference. Not to be negative, but the difference was not good and we all in the group decided to drop the series because of the author change. I'm now hesitant to try Furlong's other series due to this experience.

message 11: by Nell (last edited Feb 21, 2017 06:08AM) (new)

Nell | 1154 comments Julesy wrote: "I loved the Novel Idea series when it was co-written by J.B. Stanley (aka Ellery Adams) and Sylvia May. When Susan Furlong took over with book #5, I noticed a vast difference in the writing. It was..."

Susan Furlong's name appears starting with book #4, Played by the Book, on the GR book page and on her website. I just finished the second in the series and had not heard of the author switch. Once readers have gotten used to one author's writing style and voice, it can be difficult to adjust to a switch mid-series.

message 12: by Barb (new) - added it

Barb | 913 comments Julesy wrote: "I loved the Novel Idea series when it was co-written by J.B. Stanley (aka Ellery Adams) and Sylvia May."

When was that? When I started the series, just a year after the first book was released, the author for all of the books was listed as Lucy Arlington. I don't ever remember seeing other authors?

message 13: by Julesy (new)

Julesy | 1300 comments Barb wrote: "Julesy wrote: "I loved the Novel Idea series when it was co-written by J.B. Stanley (aka Ellery Adams) and Sylvia May."

When was that? When I started the series, just a year after the first book w..."

In the beginning, Lucy Arlington = JB Stanley (Ellery Adams) + Sylvia May
Now Susan Furlong is Lucy Arlington

message 14: by Barb (new) - added it

Barb | 913 comments Well, huh! LOL So Lucy Arlington never really existed, it's just a pen name for a variety of different authors. No wonder readers get confused! Thanks for the explanation :)

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 678 comments My library doesn't carry the Georgia Peach Mysteries, but carries The Novel Idea Mysteries, so I started with Buried in a Book. I really liked it. The MC was well written and the mystery was really interesting. I had most of it figured out before the MC, but it certainly didn't distract from the story. :) I can't wait to read the next one in this series. :)

After seeing what others have written, I'm not sure I read a book by Susan Furlong, though. I'm gonna have to continue the series until I get to book #4 to read her writing. ;)

Donna | 27 comments I haven't read any of the Novel Idea books, and didn't want to start mid-series, so I read Peaches and Scream. I enjoyed it and will continue with the series.