The Pact > Part 3 & Epilogue

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris (xokristim) | 114 comments Mod
Let's chat.

message 2: by Kris (new)

I really loved this whole book! It was such a tough topic but I feel if I was on the jury I would have made the same decision.

Lilkadykitty :) | 98 comments Mod
I agree with you there Kris. This book dealt with a tough topic but it did it so well. Jodi Picoult's writing with this book was spot on. Leaving you on the edge of your seat waiting to hear the verdict. I am so happy that the did find Chris not guilty. He didn't do it and he said that he didn't do it. I just wish that the Golds would of understood that it was Em's fault not Chris. Chris did everything he could for Em and that is shown through out this whole book. The only flaw that I felt was there was the whole thing against Chris from Em's mom. That was not right for her to be so harsh to him while she was testifying but that is how this goes. As they say if you plant a seed something will grow and that is so true. Granted Jordan's defense got all screwed up but he planted the seed that Em was suicidal and that I believe helped with Chris's case. The epilogue sadden me with the Golds moving away but at least there across town. Part of me wished we knew what was on that piece of paper that Chris found when he got the can from which him and Em were passing back and forth as they were growing up.

message 4: by Kris (new)

I feel like the book needed a character like ems mom to make you question people's motives but i do completely agree with your thoughts here!