Romance Audiobooks discussion

Recommendation Give & Take > Mystery and romance recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments Does anyone have any recommendation for Romantic Mysteries? For example, I've listened to Lucinda Brant's Alec Halsey series, the Gaslight mysteries by Victoria Thompson, the Lady Darby series by Anna Lee Huber, and now am reading the Captain Lacey series by Ashley Gardner.

But I'm fast running out of ideas when I finish the Captain Lacey series!

Thanks in advance for any ideas. :)

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 3979 comments Mod
Are you only interested in historical romantic mysteries?

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments Jonetta wrote: "Are you only interested in historical romantic mysteries?"

Oh no. Those are my favs for listening though. I'm an avid romance reader, but I usually prefer Kindle for pure romance, although I've listened to the Outlander series, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and some romances. I also like and listen to some classics. :)

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

I've two contemporary romantic suspense series I'd recommend for listening.

The first is Troubleshooters by Suzanne Brockmann. She recently re-recorded them and the narration is excellent.

The second is Cold Justice by Toni Anderson. She's an indie writer and this series is very, very good.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Oh! One historical mystery series I think you'll love, also narrated by Davina Porter, is Sebastian St. Cyr by C. S. Harris. All 4 and 5 star stories. I've loved this series.

Also, the Maiden Lane historical romance with mystery elements series by Elizabeth Hoyt is excellent. The narrator, Ashford McNab, is wonderful.

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments Thank you, Jonetta! I have read some of the Maiden Lane but haven't for awhile. I'll have to get back to those. Thanks for the recommendation of Sebastian St. Cyr. I'll add those to my wishlist.

After posting this, I also decided to maybe branch out a bit more.
Just downloaded the audiobook for The Unsung Hero, which also fits the February genre of the month. I have never read a military romance before so I looking forward to seeing how I like it. :)

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1934 comments Mod
I enjoyed The Unsung Hero. Let us know how it goes for you.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

That series is my favorite in the genre. The first book is the weakest in the series but they just get better and better.

Hope you enjoy all of them!

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments Oh good! I'm looking forward to starting it soon.

message 10: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Here's a few historical series that I've enjoyed.

The Lady Emily series by Tasha Alexander is a late Victorian series that I enjoy, but not all are available in audio and some of the one or two of the earlier titles don't have a great narrator.

Deanna Raybourn's Lady Julia series (first title is Silent in the Grave) and her new Veronica Speedwell (A Curious Beginning) are two other good late Victorian series.

Sherry Thomas's new A Study in Scarlet Women is a great take on Sherlock Holmes and the narration is fantastic. There is only one title so far, but the second one publishes in September.

One last series is Christine Trent's Lady of Ashes series (Lady of Ashes) about a female undertaker in Victorian England.

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments Over the past year, I've listened to:

-- Tasha Alexander Lady Emily series (first two so far)
-- C.S. Harris Sebastian St. Cyr series (on #9 now)

Such great recommendations!

I still have the Raybourn, Thomas, and Trent series to read. Thanks for those suggestions too.

Two other series that I just happened to start listening to (because my library had the audiobooks) are Agatha Raisin by M.C. Beaton, Marion Chesney and Amelia Peabody Elizabeth Peters. There is some romance in them, but overall I listen to them because they are very funny!

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Yay! Glad these recommendations are working out. Thanks for coming back and letting us know.