Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

The Book Jar Challenge 2018 > BP Dee's Book Jar

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments Finally got to make my book jar :D
Going to start with 20 and see how far I get.

The Secret to Atheness The Dragon Queen by S.M. Gilson Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1; Books of Arilland #1) by Alethea Kontis Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson Born Sinner (Se7en Sinners, #1) by S.L. Jennings Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Shadowshaper (Shadowshaper, #1) by Daniel José Older
Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George Midnight Hour (Shadow Falls After Dark #4) by C.C. Hunter The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1) by Katharine McGee Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White
Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Ice Kissed (Kanin Chronicles, #2) by Amanda Hocking Splintered (Splintered, #1) by A.G. Howard

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments Some promising books on there! Good luck :)

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Love Falling Kingdoms so much!

message 4: by BookPusher D (last edited Feb 05, 2017 12:31PM) (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments And the first book is...
Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1; Books of Arilland #1) by Alethea Kontis

Oh I hope I like this one :D I just met the author and she is such a sweet person.

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Fingers crossed, I'm sure you'll love it.

message 6: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments Thank you. I love retellings so I am looking forward to this one.

message 7: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) BookPusher D wrote: "And the first book is...

Oh I hope I like this one :D I just met the author and she is such a sweet person."

i had that one on my TBR list aswell :)
i see alot of books i want to read aswell whoo xD
Enjoy Enchanted!

message 8: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments Thank You Roxanne.

message 9: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
BookPusher D wrote: "And the first book is...

Oh I hope I like this one :D I just met the author and she is such a sweet person."

I've heard great things about this book so I hope it turns out to be a wonderful first pick. Have fun reading it!

message 10: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments Thanx :) Just finished my Austen book so tonight I pick this one up. I am excited to jump into a fairytale world, it has been a while.

message 11: by Sylvia (new)

BookPusher D wrote: "Thanx :) Just finished my Austen book so tonight I pick this one up. I am excited to jump into a fairytale world, it has been a while."

Hope it's everything you expect and more :D

message 12: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments Have a moment to check in :D

Oh my gosh, I got sidetracked with two of my most anticipated new releases and had to return my first pick to the library.. haha So bad! Now Lent is upon me so this pick will have to wait longer. Glad this is a year long challenge ;)

Everyone else is doing an awesome job on their jars!
I am still lurking around, just super busy, so radio silent at atm.

message 13: by Sylvia (new)

BookPusher D wrote: "Have a moment to check in :D

Oh my gosh, I got sidetracked with two of my most anticipated new releases and had to return my first pick to the library.. haha So bad! Now Lent is upon me so this pi..."

I hear ya. I've been so busy, it's been hard to try and read but still very present here, loving everyone's challenges. You're doing great :D

Can I ask...are you giving up reading for lent?

message 14: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments Yes, I am giving up reading for lent. I never participate in lent, but this year I feel strongly to try with my kids. Reading is the biggest passion in my life, so I am offering it up for 40days. Pray for me..haha jk

I am only giving up recreational reading, and will be able to read religious nonfiction, which I have put on the back burner for quite some time.

So I am looking forward to popping in on everyone's progress around here :) This group's challenges are so much fun and I can't wait to get back to them.

message 15: by Tracy (new)

BookPusher D wrote: "Yes, I am giving up reading for lent. I never participate in lent, but this year I feel strongly to try with my kids. Reading is the biggest passion in my life, so I am offering it up for 40days. P..."

Good luck with lent this year. I would have to give up reading/listening as well because that would be a sacrifice for me. At least you can still read something. Glad you will be popping in on us though.

message 16: by Sylvia (new)

BookPusher D wrote: "Yes, I am giving up reading for lent. I never participate in lent, but this year I feel strongly to try with my kids. Reading is the biggest passion in my life, so I am offering it up for 40days. P..."

Good luck :) You are definitely much stronger than I am. We are giving up chips and chocolate (the kids too).

I'm glad you will be popping in.

message 17: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments My littlest one decided tv, and will be reading more. Reading is more of a sacrifice for me too, so I knew it was the choice for me. I am also cutting out blogs abd webtoons, but to go with zero reading would be torture..lol that's why the religious nonfiction gets the thumbs up.
I am also looking forward to catching up on booktube, good thing Jenny uploads frequently... ha! That sounded kinda bad ;D

message 18: by Sylvia (new)

BookPusher D wrote: "My littlest one decided tv, and will be reading more. Reading is more of a sacrifice for me too, so I knew it was the choice for me. I am also cutting out blogs abd webtoons, but to go with zero re..."

Hahaha, didn't sound too bad at all...but yes, Jenny is always posting videos up for you to watch and see what's happening in her book world.

message 19: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments 2017 is almost over and alas a majority of these titles are still listed in my jar.

I read
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

and started reading
The Secret to Atheness The Dragon Queen by S.M. Gilson Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1; Books of Arilland #1) by Alethea Kontis

I had a decent reading year, but not as much as I would have liked due to working. I found that I was reading more books for group reads or book clubs. I mostly enjoyed reading what everyone has to say about the book after I had finished. I still want to read the books I listed for this challenge, maybe 2018 will be the yr :D
I am also contemplating joining booktube, just to get some feedback or discussions in my reading life again.

I hope to hear everyone's 2018 reading or bookish goals...?

Dee

message 20: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 704 comments You still did amazing!! Hope you enjoyed what you read and Happy 2018 when it comes :)