Play Book Tag discussion

The Tsar of Love and Techno
This topic is about The Tsar of Love and Techno
Archive: Other Books > The Tsar of Love and techno by Anthony Marra 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1420 comments A series of interconnected stories all involving interrelated characters. The first story involves an art censor in Russia in the 1930's with the remaining stories taking place primarily in Russia throughout various periods of time in the 1900's and 2000's. I like that Marra's sens of humor showed more in these stories than they did in A Constellation of Vital Phenomenon. Some of the stories were depressing but all were gripping, altogether a great read.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7607 comments I just got this one on audio from the library! I hope it is not too confusing to listen to

Booknblues | 5145 comments Nicole R wrote: "I just got this one on audio from the library! I hope it is not too confusing to listen to"

I don't think it will be too confusing. But you will have to pay attention to the connections between characters.

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2132 comments I listened to this and loved it, but yes, I found it a little confusing but the story was so good, it didn't matter.

Regina Lindsey | 1005 comments Yay! So glad you enjoyed it.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7607 comments Barbara wrote: "I listened to this and loved it, but yes, I found it a little confusing but the story was so good, it didn't matter."

That is good to hear! If I have any questions, I know that there is a strong contingent of PBTers I can ask for clarification!

Ladyslott | 1880 comments It might be a little confusing at first, I found it a little confusing even in the print version- but just like A Constellation of Vital Phenomena it all comes together.

message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 8064 comments Constellation is next up for me! Almost done with When God was a Rabbit. Really want to see if it's the highlight and high note for me that it was for others. I really loved Tsar, read it twice straight through. That's one thing I love about PBT. I'm picking up things I wouldn't have touched and loving them. This is why I'm such a fan. Every month has been stellar.