Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 6: February 5-11 (Love It!)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (last edited Feb 05, 2017 07:38AM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I am all about love before Valentine's Day since my husband proposed to me on that day, but I'll save the love story challenge in case next week's host wants to use it. Instead, I'll still stick with love but in a different way. Please choose to read one of the following and post why you choose the book you do.

1. Read a book in a series you love.
2. Read a book whose author you love.
3. Read a book whose cover you love.
4. Read a book that one of your friends on GR loved.
5. Read a book that's different than your norm just because you LOVE reading.

Happy Reading Everybody!

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 934 comments I'm going to read These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman because the cover is super pretty. I seriously love it.

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I love that cover too, Alicia! I hope you love the book. : )

message 4: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Woohoo!

I am going to read Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout because ugh that cover is just gorgeous to me!

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 934 comments Trinity wrote: "Woohoo!

I am going to read Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout because ugh that cover is just gorgeous to me!"

Ooh, that's one of my favourite series. Hope you love it!

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trinity wrote: "Woohoo!

I am going to read Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout because ugh that cover is just gorgeous to me!"

I LOVED this series!! I hope you enjoy this book. Such a pretty cover.

message 7: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Thank you Alicia! I hope you enjoy yours as well, have been wanting to read that one for some time now :)

message 8: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Vicki wrote: "Trinity wrote: "Woohoo!

I LOVED this series!! I hope you enjoy this book. Such a pretty cover."

Thanks, Vicki! I hope so too!!

message 9: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I am going to read Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3) by A.C. Gaughen because I love the series and cover.

message 10: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Trinity wrote: "Woohoo!

Ahhh, I loved this series. You are gonna love it!

message 11: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments I'm going to read Cage (Corps Security, #2) by Harper Sloan . I love this series

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ashlyn & Allison, good luck. I hope you both love your books!

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! I love your theme, Vicki!

hmmm.....this was a tough one!

I'm going with The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1) by Amy Engel
I have a bunch of friends who loved it so I'm excited to read it!

message 14: by Cha (new)

Cha Jonas (chajonas) | 62 comments I'm in the middle of this one already. So I need to finish it this week! Because Herongraystairs in this series need all the loves! Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 15: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha wrote: "Yay! I love your theme, Vicki!

hmmm.....this was a tough one!

I'm going with The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1) by Amy Engel
I have a bunch of friends who loved it so I'm excited to read it!"

I am one of those friends! I gave it 5 stars and I really hope you love it too. : )

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Cha wrote: "I'm in the middle of this one already. So I need to finish it this week! Because Herongraystairs in this series need all the loves! Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare"

Good luck, Cha! I Hope you like it.

message 17: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I read (finally) Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3) by Simone Elkeles because I LOVE the series and I wanted to finish it!! I gave it 5 stars!!

message 18: by Trinity (new)

Trinity I just finished Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I did enjoy it but really hope the next book is better, I gave it 3 stars

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Just adding my book for the week, I've been slacking the last couple days. :P

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins
For me this fits into a series I love, a cover I love, and also a book from a different genre than norm because I love reading (I barely read any contemporary, especially YA...but I did like Anna and the French Kiss)

message 20: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Jenny wrote: "Just adding my book for the week, I've been slacking the last couple days. :P

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins
For me this fits into a series I love, a cover I love, and also a book..."

Anna was my favorite but this one was just as good!!

message 21: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 934 comments I have finished These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman . 4 stars.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I finished: The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1) by Amy Engel
4 stars

I loved it! Please tell me you want to buddy read book 2 Vicki :D

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments You KNOW it!!! : )

message 24: by Jessie (Saffity) (new)

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Book who's cover I love: Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger - 02/08 - 4 stars

This book was fabulous and so much fun to read, I can't wait to dig into the rest of the series.