Book dragons discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Current readings/book club > February 2017 Buddy read

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefania (last edited Feb 08, 2017 05:34AM) (new)

Stefania (shayleene) | 101 comments Mod
I've always wanted to do a buddy read with somebody but couldn't find anyone, so... if you are in the same situation comment here below writing:

-Title and author of the book
-When would you like to start the reading (at least 1 week after the day of the post)

Then I'll open a discussion where you'll share your opinions about the book^^

Current buddy reads:
- Red queen -> from 9th Feb
- A darker shade of magic -> from the 15th Feb

message 2: by Birgit (new)

Birgit (mypreciousbooks) | 22 comments I propose these book which I haven't read (yet).
Naomi Novik, Uprooted
Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Stephen King, IT
Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes, #1)
Mario Puzo, The Godfather
Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita
Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen
Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1)

If you find some that match with your unread books, we could choose one..:D
I'd like to start reading either 7 January or 9 January (the last date is better)

message 3: by Stefania (new)

I have To kill a mockingbird and Red queen on my TBR list, tomorrow I check which copy I manage to get earlier :)

message 4: by Ink (new)

Ink (inkaddicted) | 3 comments I don't get it, did we choose Red Queen as bookof the month already?

Non capisco, abbiamo già scelto Red Queen come libro del mese?

message 5: by Stefania (new)

Well, the "official one" is Red queen, but if at least other two people want to read another book I'll open a discussion also for that one :D

You can always post here below a list of the books you would like to buddy read :D

message 6: by Silvia (new)

Silvia  (silviareadsbooks) | 19 comments I'm a bit swamped this month so I have no time for other books other than my own Feb TBR, so I'm just going to list it here in case anyone is planning to read the same books this month.

-The Prince's Rogue
-Lessons in Cartography
-A Darker Shade of Magic
-A Gathering of Shadows
-A Conjuring of Light
-Gemina (maaaaybe but I think I'm most likely going to read it in March)

message 7: by Stefania (new)

Soooo... I also have A darker shade of magic on my TBR list, let's see if I can get a copy and in case I'll start reading that too xD

message 8: by Silvia (new)

Silvia  (silviareadsbooks) | 19 comments Stefania wrote: "Soooo... I also have A darker shade of magic on my TBR list, let's see if I can get a copy and in case I'll start reading that too xD"

Yay, I hope so! Let me know :) I won't be able to start it for at least a week I think, so you have some time!

message 9: by Ink (new)

Ink (inkaddicted) | 3 comments Volevo giusto sapere, anch'io sono alle prese con il blocco del lettore. Magari più avanti, così ci si organizza anche per tempo XD

just wanted to ask, I'm dealing with a reading slump too. Maybe later, so we can organize everything XD

message 10: by Stefania (new)

Sure, no problem :D when you find your "reader identity" you'll be more than welcome to join us xD (suggesting new possible buddy reads or joining someone else's proposals)

message 11: by Stefania (new)

Silvia wrote: "Stefania wrote: "Soooo... I also have A darker shade of magic on my TBR list, let's see if I can get a copy and in case I'll start reading that too xD"

Yay, I hope so! Let me know :) I won't be ab..."

Good news good news, I got the ebook copy! What do you think about starting it like... on the 15th?

message 12: by Silvia (new)

Silvia  (silviareadsbooks) | 19 comments Stefania wrote: "Silvia wrote: "Stefania wrote: "Soooo... I also have A darker shade of magic on my TBR list, let's see if I can get a copy and in case I'll start reading that too xD"

Yay, I hope so! Let me know :..."

Sounds good to me (giorno più, giorno meno) :)

message 13: by Stefania (new)

Perfect, I'll open the topic right now :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.