Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Reviews by Reviewer > Reviewer looking for Fantasy, YA, Historical and General Fiction.

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vie (new)

Vie (Book Bubble) | 8 comments Hi everyone,

My name's Vie, and I am open to reviewing almost any genre, but my interests particularly involve Fantasy, YA and Historical Fiction Novels. Depending on the length of the book, I can generally read it in a few days, and I'm happy to post reviews either on here, on Amazon, or both (dependant on the author's preferences! ) I'm also an editor, so if you're looking for some editorial direction I am happy to provide that as well!

Please feel free to pm me or post here if you are interested.

message 2: by Guy (new)

Guy Estes (guye) | 7 comments I just released my second fantasy novel, Reckoning. Though it's the second in a series, it's a stand-alone novel, so you don't have to read the first one to understand what's going on in this one. It's available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I'll be happy to supply a free copy. I can do epub, PDF, or docx. Here's the Amazon link. You can read the synopsis and see if it's something you'd be interested in.
https://www.amazon.com/Reckoning-Sist...

message 3: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 5 comments Hi there,
I have a psychological thriller that needs a review. I could send you a pdf or mobi file, or even an excerpt for you to look at first.
Thank you.
Shelby Londyn-Heath

message 4: by Vie (new)

Vie (Book Bubble) | 8 comments Guy wrote: "I just released my second fantasy novel, Reckoning. Though it's the second in a series, it's a stand-alone novel, so you don't have to read the first one to understand what's going on in this one. ..."

I'd be delighted to read your novel! I just read the synopsis on amazon and it looks like it's right up my alley! Would you like to shoot me a pm and we can discuss where you'd like me to send a review after I've read it?

message 5: by Vie (new)

Vie (Book Bubble) | 8 comments Shelby wrote: "Hi there,
I have a psychological thriller that needs a review. I could send you a pdf or mobi file, or even an excerpt for you to look at first.
Thank you.
Shelby Londyn-Heath"

Hi Shelby,

An excerpt to look at first would be fantastic, but I'd be happy to review the book for you! If you can shoot me a pm and we can discuss details? :)

message 6: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Ney | 8 comments Hello Vie-
Please take a look at the excerpt on Amazon to see if my historical fiction novel, "Calamity Jane- How the West Began" is of interest to you:
https://www.amazon.com/Calamity-Jane-...

Thanks.
Bryan Ney

message 7: by L.G. (new)

L.G. Surgeson (lgsurgeson) | 2 comments Hi Vie,
I'm collecting reviews for my fantasy series The Black River Chronicles and I'd love you to review the first book in the series Summer of Fire.

This is my blog if you're interested:

www.aberdduadventures.wordpress.com

Let me know how you'd like me to send you the book?

Thanks
LG

message 8: by Vie (new)

Vie (Book Bubble) | 8 comments Ash wrote: "I have a fantasy novel that needs a review. I'd be happy to send you a pdf or a mobi or it's 99 cents on Amazon.

The Seaglass Stair leans toward epic fantasy in a sense."

Hi Ash, I've messaged you back, hopefully you'll get it!

message 9: by Vie (new)

Vie (Book Bubble) | 8 comments Bryan wrote: "Hello Vie-
Please take a look at the excerpt on Amazon to see if my historical fiction novel, "Calamity Jane- How the West Began" is of interest to you:
https://www.amazon.com/Calamity-Jane-......"

Hi Bryan,

Your novel sounds really interesting and I'd love to review it! Please shoot me a message so we can discuss more?

Kind regards,
Vie

message 10: by Vie (new)

Vie (Book Bubble) | 8 comments L.G. wrote: "Hi Vie,
I'm collecting reviews for my fantasy series The Black River Chronicles and I'd love you to review the first book in the series Summer of Fire.

This is my blog if you're interested:

ww..."

Hi L.G,

I'd love to review Summer of Fire for you! The excerpt had me hooked! PDF or epub are the best forms if possible, as I will read them on my tablet! Could you shoot me a pm so we can discuss where you'd like me to post reviews once I've read the book and discuss details?

Many thanks,
Vie

message 11: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Ney | 8 comments Vie wrote: "Bryan wrote: "Hello Vie-
https://www.amazon.com/Calamit..."

Great! This is a story that starts with a little known, but well documented episode when "Calamity" was quite young and forced to beg in the streets of her 1860's frontier home. The story continues as if she had arrived in the area a few months before she actually did, in order to tell the story of how the good citizens finally rose up against the bad guys, with Jane as the catalyst to that. You can read about some of the history/back story on my web site,
Www.bryanney.com
Let me know what type of file you would look me me to send.

message 12: by Peri (new)

Peri June (perijune) | 5 comments Hello Vie. I've just self-published my first book. It's a Young Adult Contemporary with a little bit of Romance.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
If you're interested in reviewing it please let me know.
Thanks!

message 13: by Vie (new)

Vie (Book Bubble) | 8 comments Hi everyone!

Apologies for taking so long to get to you all. I've been slowed down a bit by RL but I will get to all your messages in the next few days! Thank-you for being patient with me.

Vie

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Perry (tabby8) I'd like to recommend my contemporary Young Adult debut novel, CALMER GIRLS, published in 2016. I can provide e-copies. This is the first in a two-book series, with the sequel, Calmer Secrets, to be released this March. So far, the reviews have been extremely positive, and I am getting great feedback from readers who are looking forward to see what happens to the characters in the sequel.

The story is set in the early 1990's in Newfoundland, Canada. Sixteen-year-old Samantha Cross is introverted, highly sensitive, and is falling in love for the first time. The biggest problem? The guy she's falling for is her older sister’s boyfriend, Ben Swift.
Calmer Girls

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica O'Toole (jayotee) | 14 comments Hi Vie,

My new book is not ready for review (I'm currently working on the manuscript, circa 65,000 words at present), but I'd actually like to get an opinion on the first chapter as an overview.

It's a stand-alone historical novel set in England primarily between 1333-1346 (I suppose it could be called a medieval coming-of-age drama..) based around the daughter of a simple but respected knight. As it's a WIP I don't want to give too much away here.

I will be looking for an editor in the future, too, so if you find you like my style/where it's going I would be happy to discuss a partnership and rates etc.

Currently there is no rush, so please carry on with more pressing issues (like all those above!) - I'm happy to wait.

Thanks very much,
Jess

message 16: by Baron (new)

Baron Deschauer | 6 comments Hello everyone,
I can't believe a thread like this exists! I am about to launch a YA historical fiction novel dealing with the Residential Schools in Canada. It is set from 1918 to mid 1960s. The book's layout hasn't been completed yet but it is fully edited and initial feedback has been encouraging. I would love to send this to anyone who would be interested. It is only circa 45k in length. Launch is scheduled for May. It is not in .mobi or .epub but I can send a .pdf file.
Thank you very much.
Baron A. Deschauer

message 17: by Drea (new)

Drea Damara (dreadamara) | 16 comments Hi Vie,

Thanks for posting. I'm looking to share a dedicated reviewer's reviews on my new social book chat site: http://www.pagedropper.spruz.com/
Would be happy to have your editing experience to add to the quality of the site. Starting to get authors requesting read for reviews, so I'll need a few trusty reviewers until membership increases.
For now, I have one of my own listed for free to members and I'll throw this out to you too since it's the genre you requested Beyond Farwin Wood (Blinney Lane, #2) by Drea Damara
I would look forward to hearing from you. Thanks. -Drea

message 18: by Rae (new)

Rae Else (raeelse) | 12 comments Hi Vie,

I'm looking for reviews for my Young Adult, Urban Fantasy novel, Descendants. It’s the first one in The Arete Series. I’m self-publishing it next month on the 12th April. I’d be happy to send you a link to the ARC e-book (e-pub, mobi and pdf).

It’s inspired by Greek mythology, but instead of being about the descendants of gods, it’s about those cursed by the gods. Think Fallen meets Percy Jackson, (Heavier on intrigue and action than on the romance.) I’ve put a link below to the Goodreads listing so you can read the synopsis and see the cover.

Thanks for considering and hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Rae

Descendants

message 19: by Christian (new)

Christian Nadeau | 6 comments Hi Vie,

I've published a 180k words (I supply that just because it's my understanding it's somewhat longer than Indie standard), gritty adult fantasy novel titled "Seeds of Hatred".

The central theme is vengeance, how we can lose ourselves in it, forget to live our lives while we let it consume us.

Here's the blurb:
As a former assassin, a man on the run for years, Marac survived taking on odd jobs, living on society’s fringe, never putting down roots for fear of having to run again. Until he’s hired to steal a trinket from the Brotherhood.

Newly graduated, Soren is ready to shoulder the responsibilities that come with an officer’s commission. Serving in the Brotherhood of Khan is a privilege, one he abandoned everything for. But when an Angel calls on him, he knows his first assignment is more than it seems to be.

As a Lightbearer, gifted with the power to shape light to her will, Alex lived a sheltered life in Tyranor’s monastery. Should the Brotherhood find out what she was, they’d kill her, but the monastery is underground, safely hidden from their prying eyes.

Then it all comes crashing down. A terrible game is played, and when the powerful move, pawns are doomed to be sacrificed.

Are they?

And the goodreads link:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

If you're interested in reviewing it, let me know by PM (along with which format you'd like to have the book).

Whatever your answer is, thanks for being a reviewer!

Christian

message 20: by Rhian (new)

Rhian (rhianima) | 33 comments Hi Vie, messaged you. :)

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura Pritchard | 8 comments Hi there!

My name is Laura Pritchard and my first book, Monarchy, has just been published on amazon. I would love a review if that is possible? My book is a science fiction, dystopia setting, with a young adult/adult.

Monarchy

Length: 184 pages

Synopsis:

In the times after the reformation, the leaders of the new world have created the perfect society. There is no exaggerated wealth or famishing poverty. There is no starvation or crime or disease. The citizens of the sectors are secure and well nourished, forever protected by the life the Monarchy have so gracefully afforded.

No one mentions the things that are lacking. Constance thinks about it often.

At the age of sixteen, Constance is snatched from her family in a twisted ceremony called 'Removal.' Forced to reside in the Citadel, the fortress of the Monarchy, she faces a brutal induction to evolve into a soldier of the Brigade; sworn peace keepers of the sectors. While she grapples with the feeling of revolution that rage in her mind, Constance is trained by Calloway, the guard with an elusive past who shadows her every move.

Remaining peaceful, however, is the last thing on the minds of the inhabitants of sector six. Uprisings and rebellions are common place with her own kinsfolk being injured and killed as a consequence. When the time comes, Constance must decide which side she will choose in a battle that will determine her future. It is a choice that she should never have to face; weighing her own life against the lives of those that she loves.

This is my first novel so am a bit new to the field but would love some honest critique. If you need any more information and would like a free copy, please feel free to email me on laura_jayne_15@hotmail.com

Many thanks,

Laura. 

message 22: by Tom (new)

Tom Behr) (tom_behr) | 23 comments Vie wrote: "Hi everyone,

My name's Vie, and I am open to reviewing almost any genre, but my interests particularly involve Fantasy, YA and Historical Fiction Novels. Depending on the length of the book, I ca..."

Hi Vie
I'd be delighted if you would review my newly-published historical novel The Most Bold and Daring Act of the Age, set in Algeria during the Napoleonic era. About the first novel in the series, Blood Brothers Kirkus Reviews said "An exceptional book, full of rich historic and cultural details, great characters and thrilling action scenes." You can sample the first chapters of the novel at www.tombehrbooks.com
I'd be happy to send you a print or Kindle copy. Thanks! Tom

message 23: by Lashonda (new)

Lashonda Beauregard | 35 comments Vie wrote: "Hi everyone,

My name's Vie, and I am open to reviewing almost any genre, but my interests particularly involve Fantasy, YA and Historical Fiction Novels. Depending on the length of the book, I ca..."

Vie wrote: "Hi everyone,

Vie wrote: "Hi everyone,

I'm seeking reviews for my book The Mirror In My Dorm Room (A Time Travel Story) on Amazon and Goodreads The Mirror In My Dorm Room

The Mirror In My Dorm Room is a fiction YA story set in a fictional town in Louisiana about Justina Oceans, a college student whose ordinary life changes after she walks through an old mirror in her dorm room and goes back in time to 1932.
Amazon link for my book:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0BYQXK

My ebook is 44 pages in length on Amazon. My book is available free on Kindle Unlimited, but I can email you a pdf file. My email address is lbsongs7@gmail.com

Thank you,
Lashonda Beauregard

message 24: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Kyle (dominiquekyle) | 5 comments Hello Vie, I am looking for reviews of my contemporary YA book 'Not Quite Eden'. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
I am able to provide PDF or Mobi (it's also on KU). It's surprisingly hard to find reviewers for YA books as it seems that a lot of older adults are secretly wanting an element of first sexual experience erotica which is more of a 'New Adult' thing. 'Not Quite Eden' is aimed at 13-16 year olds so is 'YA' not NA - contains some swearing and drug use and references to sex but not descriptions of sex. No worries if it's not your bag.

message 25: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Dell (katherine_dell) | 2 comments Vie wrote: "Hi everyone,

Hi Vie,
Might you be interested in reviewing my book? It's a YA, Paranormal, Thriller. Here's the link on Goodreads.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
I can supply you with a PDF, Mobi, or epub. If you're interested, just replay to this message, or my email is katherine@katherinedell.com.

Cheers,
Katherine

message 26: by Suilyaniz (new)

Suilyaniz Cintron | 21 comments Hello Vie, would you be interested in reviewing my novel Crying, the Nightingale? It's a noir inspired romance set in the 1950s. Below is the link to my novel's blurb, the links on where it's available and the link to my Facebook page if you would like to see it. I could also email you the pdf, please let me know if you are interested. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/154514... https://m.facebook.com/Suilyaniz-Cint...

message 27: by Brin (new)

Brin Murray (brintmurray) | 10 comments Hi there Vie, I'm sure you're deluged with review requests, but just in case you fancied reviewing mine...

"This is a compelling and well-written novel with a unique and well thought out world…” Roisin Haycock, former commissioning editor One World Books.

Truth died in the fires. Only through courage can it be born again.

Under the iron rule of the Revelayshun, one boy discovers the truth…

‘Ty promised my ma he’d bring me up right. Bring him up to hear the rhythm beat, she said, and to feel the heartsblood warm. Not Strong – not in their way – but strong in the ways of the heart.’

When the Revelayshun murders his pa, Wil discovers through savage inquisition that he’s marked as a Heater, one of the old-time heretics who burned up the world.
But Wil holds the key to a secret. Sekkerland’s Shame, the Atrocity, is a great lie – and the Revelayshun will use fire, blood and death to hide the truth.
Can Wil fight the absolute power of blind fanaticism, and save them all?

Children Of The Furnace is being published on October 17th 2017, and I’d love your review! Get in touch on brin.t.murray@gmail.com for a free copy.
Thanks, brin

message 28: by Aneil (new)

Aneil Komal (aneilkomal) | 21 comments Hi!

The Guardian Angel by Aneil Komal

Please review my young adult fantasy novella, The Guardian Angel!

Link - https://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Angel...

Sixteen-year-old Aries has always dreamed of being someone extraordinary, following in the footsteps of his hero wrestler, Angel Guerrero. But as a timid, hesitant boy with, well… an underwhelming physique, he's never thought he could chase after his dreams.

That is, until he finds himself in an alternate universe where fire-breathing dragons soar in the skies, petrifying creatures rise from the ground, and the use of magic is normal. The biggest surprise for Aries, however, comes when he learns he was once a mystical hero known as the Guardian Angel.

His mission has always been to protect this magical world and the spirits who inhabit it, but now it is being threatened by a vile, cold-blooded, sadistic demon who seeks to dominate the universe.

Now it is on Aries to rediscover his past and regain his powers, but first he'll have to overcome his crippling doubts. Can he learn to believe in himself, his friends, and the magic that surrounds him—in time to save the realm before it is destroyed?"

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Reinicke (lisareinicke) | 17 comments Hi Vie!
My name is Lisa Reinicke, and I recently released a WWII historical memoir. I know you have interest in historical fiction, but how do you feel about a non-fiction? Here's a little blurb- let me know if you would be willing to review?

Not your typical war story. Football flyboy delivers a birds-eye aerial view of the shaping of a young man, the creation of a family, and the domino effect on a community and society under the wing of a messy cleanup as WWII winds down. Each chapter features raw letters written during WWII, and we learn what this pilot sees, his emotions, and all about his crazy family.

I am able to send you a physical copy.
Thanks,
Lisa

message 30: by Celena Janton (new)

Celena Janton | 7 comments Hi, Vie, I would love if you could review my novel, The Songbird and the Secret. It's a historical fiction YA romance and is available on Kindle Unlimited or I could send you an e-book file. Thank you so much! Best, Celena

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07....

message 31: by Rich (new)

Rich Paz (rch1313) | 16 comments Hi Vie,
How are you? I have a Ya Sci-fi Fantasy book titled, Enoch and the Stars Above. Would you be interested in reviewing? Please let me know and have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Rich Paz
https://amzn.to/2yudyfc

message 32: by Rich (new)

Rich Paz (rch1313) | 16 comments Hi Vie,
How are you? I have a Ya Sci-fi Fantasy book titled, Enoch and the Stars Above. Would you be interested in reviewing? Please let me know and have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Rich Paz
https://amzn.to/2yudyfc

message 33: by Jessica (last edited Nov 27, 2018 06:44AM) (new)

Jessica Simpkiss (goodreadscomjessicamsimpkiss) | 3 comments Hi Vie, I would love for you to read my new urban fantasy/thriller set in the remote and desolate Scottish Isles.

The kindle version is free through Amazon KindleUnlimited.

Hopefully we can connect on this. I would greatly appreciate your opinion.

The Spaewife's Secret
https://www.amazon.com/Spaewifes-Secr...

message 34: by Nora (new)

Nora Ryell | 1 comments Hi, Vie. I have just recently self-published my first historical romance novel and I'm wondering if you would be interested in reviewing it - good, bad or indifferent!

If you are interested I have a Goodreads author page you can view. Drop me a line.

message 35: by Amr (new)

Amr | 9 comments Hello, Vie. My book is science fiction and mainstream short stories. 94 pages in total. Let me know and I could provide you with a free copy.
Earthware
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 36: by Tom (new)

Tom Behr) (tom_behr) | 23 comments Vie wrote: "Hi everyone,

Hi Vie
My third historical novel, Doppelänger: An American Spy in World War II France, has just been published. I’d love to have you review it. It’s available in print, Kindle, mobi and PDF. You can check out the first chapter at www.tombehrbooks.com
If you're interested, please email me at tom@tombehrbooks.com
Thanks
Tom

message 37: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Moneymaker (vbmoneymaker) | 5 comments Hi Vie,

I just published a fantasy/sci-fi novel called Realm Source. Here's the link for it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07... . If you'd like me to email a copy to you, just let me know and I'll send it out asap.

Oh, and regarding the book, it's about a father trying to rescue his daughter. And here's the blurb: Are there places beyond heaven and depths below hell?

Thanks Vince

message 38: by Lara (new)

Lara | 19 comments Hi Vie,

My new YA, fantasy, romance, adventure is available for free download on Amazon, this weekend, if you're still taking on projects?
QUEST: FIRST SNOW BOOK 1

QUEST FIRST SNOW BOOK 1 by Lara Kellett-Smith

Thanks,
Lara

message 39: by Blair (new)

Blair McDowell (blair_mcdowell) | 8 comments Hi! I just saw your post on Goodreads, and I would love if you could review my book, Delighting In Your Company. It is a re-launch of one of my earlier books, and is a paranormal/mystery/romance story. Here is a link to the info on my website: https://www.blairmcdowell.com/delight...

If you would like to review, please let me know and I will send along a copy in the format of your choice.

With thanks, Blair McDowell

message 40: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Pink | 6 comments Vie wrote: "Hi everyone,

Hey Vie, I appreciate your taking the time to help us out. I will provide a free electronic copy of "Bennu Strand: The World Inside Book One for you to review when you have the time. It's a unique Science Fiction/Fantasy that challenges the genre's status quo and goes way outside set boundaries for most Sci Fi.

Feel free to pop into my Amazon page for a "Look Inside" here: https://www.amazon.com/Bennu-Strand-W...

If I manage to pique your interest, here is the ebook download link: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/j7lxnz0uns available for all interested parties...

message 41: by Opal (new)

Opal Edgar | 2 comments Hello Vie,

I am aware this is an old message, but if you are still open to reviews I'd love to propose my book, Tosho is Dead, a Young Adult Fantasy, free on Kindle Unlimited. Fast paced and fun with lovable characters and unforeseen twists.
The plot:
"I'm dead. And I'm not in Heaven. Everything's wrong and someone's really angry at me. Let's outrun, scratch that, let's outsmart purgatory."
Tosho is a 16-year-old apprentice in Post-World War II Germany, desperate to be anything but like his Nazi father. He thought he had a lifetime ahead to rebuild a better world. He was wrong. When he is brutally murdered he finds himself in a strange and violent in-between world where he befriends a group of teens, all victims of hate crimes throughout history. But even dead, Tosho is in grave danger and he will have to choose whether to sacrifice everything he ever dreamed of in order to right the wrongs that have been done. Will Tosho manage to save his friends from the terrible danger he brought with him?

Here are the links on amazon UK if you want to check out the extract
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...

message 42: by Charisse (new)

Charisse Moritz | 98 comments Hi Vie! I see you've been flooded with review requests. If you have any time or interest leftover, I'd be happy to provide you with Epub, PDF, Mobi or Kindle copy of Shakespeare Burning, a Mature YA Romance intended for 18+ readers. You can in touch with me here or through my email at ugarps@yahoo.com. I've included a brief blurb below:

He’s the boy who wants to disappear.

One mistake & seventeen-year-old Shake LeCasse lost everything. Now there’s no going back and no way to move forward. The once-popular hockey captain is living in the basement of a grandmother he barely knows, ditching school, avoiding friends & working hard on self-destruction.

She’s the girl nobody sees.

Cleo Lee survives however she can. Lie, cheat, steal, & saving Mr. Popular isn’t part of the plan. Telling him the truth about the night that destroyed his life is downright dangerous. She needs to keep quiet, be smart and let the guy she’s been half in love with since middle school throw away a future she’d do anything to have. Too bad her heat can’t resist, no matter the cost.

message 43: by Parul (new)

Parul Bhatia (ruls) | 22 comments My book "My Foreign Master's Degree " is an innocent sharing of my life transforming experience of studying in Australia that changed my life. The book also talks about magical experience of meeting God in Melbourne. Book available for free from 1 to 5 June 2020. Pls be kind to provide your valuable reviews.

https://read.amazon.in/kp/embed?asin=...

My Foreign Master’s Degree- When Dreams Encounter Realism, Miracles Happen (Book by Parul Bhatia)

message 44: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice DeSoprontu | 9 comments Hi Vie,

Regarding your kind offer, I have a novel VICES/VIRTUES that has been well-reviewed by both KIRKUS and IndieReader.
https://www.amazon.com/Vices-Virtues-... Here is the description:

On the surface, VICES/VIRTUES it is about Cristela Davila, a bright young woman who works at a real estate office by day and moonlights at a professional S/M dungeon at night. However, the intertwining stories explore a wide range of topics. American poverty is placed at the forefront as Cristela, inheriting her mother's welfare shame, goes to great lengths to hide her own status as a welfare recipient from her college friends. Race is relative, as Justine, the daughter of a Kenyan heiress and Italian nobleman, is deemed as "white" by her Kenyan side of the family. Agency is shown as Daisy, a daughter of the Florida backwoods, devices a clever way to free herself from abuse. Exploring the interacting lives of this diverse group of women via a series of vignettes, VICES/VIRTUES highlights how very universal the seemingly unconventional can be.

Hope you're interested!
Beatrice