Between the Pages (CLOSED) discussion

GENERAL > ¤ Introduce Yourself Here! ¤

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Of course, I'd want to know a bit more about everyone. <3 So when you join, make sure to come here and write a bit about yourself. Like that, we can find reading buddies easily and know what each other are like!
You can tell us your name, your age, your country of origin, the genres you like the most, and something else you like about books or another passion! You can write more if you want, and those are just ideas. You don't have to tell us all that.
Now, I will present myself :)

I'm Maggie, 16 years old girl who lives in Canada. (It's winter right now and I'm hating it...)
I like young adult books, thrillers and mysteries. I also love fantasy, but a bit less. One reason why I started this book club is because I want to explore more genres.
Except books, I like organization and Biology. I'm looking forward to join the Army when I finish school :)

That's about it! <3

message 2: by lorien (new)

lorien Hello! I'm Lorien Rhys, also a teenager currently going though the big ninth grade now >.<, I love books that relate to magic, abilities, mostly fantasy, well written historical fiction, or just anything that has a good plot and story with sensational writing!
I can't wait to be a part of this group. ^.^

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) Hey! I'm Catherine, a Texan teenager. I love reading, writing, roleplaying, gaming, singing, and dogs! My favorite books generally are Dystopias with fantasy. (Keeper of the Lost Cities, Harry Potter, the Unwanteds, The Giver, Ranger's Apprentice, etc.)
You can thank Lorien for inviting me to the group :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 11, 2017 11:42AM) (new)

I'm Raevyn. (Yes, I'm also a teenager. Lol.) My favorite genres (well, subgenres) are dystopian and tragedy, but I'll read nearly any genre as long as the book sounds good. I enjoy writing, drawing (but I'm bad at it...) and cooking.

message 5: by Skyril (last edited Feb 11, 2017 12:03PM) (new)

Skyril Hullo, I'm Skyril ~cough~sorrynotateenager~cough~

I'm a pluviophile!
I'm also a writer :]
And a gamer, though not avid. Mostly, these days I just play Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda. My two favorite game series ever.

I love YA most of all, especially Fantasy, but I also enjoy some Classics, especially Jane Austen, Children's, some Christian Fiction, and a little bit of Mystery.

My favorite series of all time is Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy.
Other books/series I love include:
Sabriel by Garth Nix
Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan
and Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson [though I have yet to read the sequels!]

I'm also a little bit of a grammar nerd.

~Lorien and Raevyn give me strange looks~

... What?

........ ~coughs~ Just can't seem to clear my throat....

~continues getting strange looks~

Ok, fine, a lot-a-bit. xD But at least I'm not Grammar Hitler. I only correct your grammar silently. ~halo~

I also watch tv. Movies and shows. Way... too many... shows... o.o

And, you know, I might like html a little too much.
Plus I like baking. :3

Ok, I'm gonna stop now.

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) Hey all. I'm also, not a teenager, and feel old...as I'm turning 26 in a few days.

I love reading, painting, and I'm currently co-authoring a sci-fi/fantasy series with a friend of mine. We are hoping (if all goes well) to have book 1 out by next year!

Other than that, I'm a wife, mother, and artist.

Favorite genres: fantasy, YA (because I don't care for much vulgarity and sexuality), historical fiction (some), art-related books, Christian fiction and, yeah, some different books here and there. Whatever catches my eye.

message 7: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Lashbrook (lizzielashbrook) Hi! I'm Lizzie (an 18 yr old )and I live in Pa. I like pretty much all book genres. Some of my favorite genres are novels, mysteries, and technology. :)

Dasha ~Made of bad materials, yet well put together~ (iliketoreadangryreviews) こんいちは and Bonjour!I'm Dasha. My favorite novels usually tend to be YA, but I love fantasy novels of all ilk. Though I do love manga as well. I'll read anything that interests me, though. I do tend to be very adverse to ones that don't, sadly.

I am learning French (I learning it at an intermediate level and I can understand it well) and Japanese (I'm still a beginner :3).

I enjoy playing video games, mostly Pokemon and Kirby games. I really love music, Japanese rock music and Visual Kei is my major passion, currently. I could talk for hours about music... but I love to hear what other people have to say just as much.

message 9: by lorien (new)

lorien Skyril wrote: "Hullo, I'm Skyril ~cough~sorrynotateenager~cough~

I'm a pluviophile!
And a gamer, though not avid. Mostly, these days I just play Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda. My two favo..."

Psh. You're definitely not a Grammar Hitler. *cough cough* Despite the way *cough* you *cough* have us answer your *cough* grammar polls. ; )

message 10: by Hanna (last edited Feb 11, 2017 01:19PM) (new)

Hanna Hi, I'm Hanna, originally known as CutePolarBear. I'm homeschooled, and live in the country. I, a new self-published author, enjoy reading, writing, playing the banjo, and listening to music. My favorite genres are historical fiction and clean, Christian romance.

message 11: by Willa (new)

Willa Valentine (paper.seas) (paperseas) Hey! I'm Willa, from the US, a bookstagrammer and reader. I've recently been trying to get a deeper understanding of the books I read, so I read less than I used to. I'm also struggling to write, as my style is really in depth and hard to make clear points with. My main focus is to get to understand the way great books are written and what components make them marvelous so that I can apply the same lessons to my own stories! (If you have any tips on notating books, all are appreciated :D) I love reading historical fiction, YA, and realistic fiction. Besides reading and writing, I'm a bit of a history buff and photography nerd, and I have an Instagram for books @bowonthebooks (the link is in my bio). Anyway, I'm always interested in book clubs and am excited to join this one and meet new people while discussing excellent books!

That's all for now XD
-- Willa

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan (iamsusaniguess) | 13 comments Salutations! I'm Susan, nineteen years of age. My favorite kinds of books used to lie within the YA genre but I'm finding more and more than the protagonists irritate me, so I've been broadening my horizons and I've found that I much prefer dark, poignant novels that explore morality, the thin line between good and evil, and what it is to be human. The more poetic and macabre, the better.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

hello! my name is asia and i am thirteen. tbh, i believe that i will be the youngest one in this group.

i started getting more into books last year. and since i wanted to express and show my love for books, i started a bookstagram not too long ago (@asiareads). my favorite ya genre is definitely fantasy. though i do not mind what kind of genre my books are, i tend to enjoy fantasy more (with a teeny bit of romance!).

for when i am bored, enjoy watching kdrama, youtube, and netflix. thank you willa for inviting me! <3

message 14: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Hi all, I'm Graeme. I'm into Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Thrillers, etc. I'm probably the oldest in the group at 52.

I like to discuss both books and writing.

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1 comments Hi, I'm Samantha. I love YA books and anything that is super character driven. Characters are my favorite part of any book and I'm a writer so I try to write character strong books :). I'm a Whovian and a Potterhead and I just started watching Orphan Black which I am ridiculously in love with. I joined the group to find out about new books and to meet other readers :)

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Skyril wrote: "Hullo, I'm Skyril ~cough~sorrynotateenager~cough~

I'm a pluviophile!
And a gamer, though not avid. Mostly, these days I just play Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda. My two favo..."

Grammar nerds for the win o-o <3 You seem so niceee, I like you already!

message 17: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Sheila wrote: "Hey all. I'm also, not a teenager, and feel old...as I'm turning 26 in a few days.

I love reading, painting, and I'm currently co-authoring a sci-fi/fantasy series with a friend of mine. We are ho..."

awe make sure to tell me when you get done with your book! I always like to read stories from beginning writers :3

message 18: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Dasha ~Made of bad materials, yet well put together~ wrote: "こんいちは and Bonjour!I'm Dasha. My favorite novels usually tend to be YA, but I love fantasy novels of all ilk. Though I do love manga as well. I'll read anything that interests me, though. I do tend ..."

Well I'm a French native, so if you want to practice, you can always message me! :) I'd love to (I get very excited with people who are learning french 'cause it's so complicated compared to english)

message 19: by Maggie (new)

Maggie asia wrote: "hello! my name is asia and i am thirteen. tbh, i believe that i will be the youngest one in this group.

i started getting more into books last year. and since i wanted to express and show my love ..."

nice to meet you!! Don't worry, I'm 16 but I already consider myself as a young at heart 'cause I totally don't act like a teenage girl... xD So welcome ! (I wish I had find Goodreads at your age :c)

message 20: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Graeme Rodaughan wrote: "Hi all, I'm Graeme. I'm into Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Thrillers, etc. I'm probably the oldest in the group at 52.

I like to discuss both books and writing."

Oldest? pfffft, naahhh you're not old! c'mon, the age doesn't even change a thing when our passion is the same, I hope I will be a writer like you when I'm your age :)

message 21: by Willa (new)

Willa Valentine (paper.seas) (paperseas) asia wrote: "hello! my name is asia and i am thirteen. tbh, i believe that i will be the youngest one in this group.

i started getting more into books last year. and since i wanted to express and show my love ..."

So happy you joined!

message 22: by Skyril (new)

Skyril Maggie wrote: "Skyril wrote: "Hullo, I'm Skyril ~cough~sorrynotateenager~cough~

I'm a pluviophile!
And a gamer, though not avid. Mostly, these days I just play Fire Emblem and Legend of Zel..."

GRAMMAR NERD ~high-fives~
I always knew others must exist out there somewhere...
Thanks for the friend request! <3 The feeling is mutual :3

message 23: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Catherine wrote: "Skyril wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Yess Ranger's Apprentice Skyril!"

Yaasssssss!!! I've loved that series forever, those characters

The Royal Ranger is my favorite, have you read the branch-off se..."

I've created a discussion just for you guys, I wanna try to keep this to introductions n-n <3

message 24: by Sheila (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) Will do, Maggie!

message 25: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Thanks Maggie. :-).

message 26: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Lou (lexie_lou03) | 1 comments Hi! My name is Alexis and I am really excited to be apart of this group! I am from the United States and really love to read (just hope to get to read more this year). Other hobbies of mine include writing, singing, and swimming. My favorite type of books to read are fantasies and YA novels (other books, sadly, bore me). I really hope to get to know everyone in the group and be apart of discussions!

message 27: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Alexis wrote: "Hi! My name is Alexis and I am really excited to be apart of this group! I am from the United States and really love to read (just hope to get to read more this year). Other hobbies of mine include..."

welcome!! :) Happy you joined us

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily | 3 comments Hello! I'm Emily and this group looks fun. Hopefully I can keep up with all of the chats and monthly books, but we'll see. I'm not a teenager, but I'm still young. I'm in college studying English and graduation is coming too fast! I love to read (hence the degree) and do a little bit of writing. I also do copy editing, and I have a blog called Zerina Blossom's Books where I read and review books all the time. I was homeschooled and then went to two tiny Christian schools growing up, and I'm from the country, though I live in the city now. And yes, I am a Christian. I also enjoy everything artistic, from sketching to singing to sewing. It's good to meet you all!

message 29: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Lou (lexie_lou03) | 1 comments asia wrote: "hello! my name is asia and i am thirteen. tbh, i believe that i will be the youngest one in this group.

I am 13 too!

message 30: by Leona (new)

Leona  Petrovic (uknownothingjonsnowohohohoh) Hey I'm Leo, and 12 going on 13. I love reading/writing and want to be an author when I grow up. This looks like a fun group.

message 31: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Leona wrote: "Hey I'm Leo, and 12 going on 13. I love reading/writing and want to be an author when I grow up. This looks like a fun group."

welcome! n-n the poll for the month's read is already up, be sure to go vote!

message 32: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Cindy (unicornprincess_54) | 5 comments Hi I'm Angelica and am 13 going to turn 14. I've always loved to read and read sci-fi, fantasy, fairytales & other books that interest me. I found this group interesting.

message 33: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Lou (lexie_lou03) | 1 comments Angelica wrote: "Hi I'm Angelica and am 13 going to turn 14. I've always loved to read and read sci-fi, fantasy, fairytales & other books that interest me. I found this group interesting."

Nice to see you and glad you could join us!

message 34: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Lou (lexie_lou03) | 1 comments Skyril wrote: "Hullo, I'm Skyril ~cough~sorrynotateenager~cough~

I'm a pluviophile!

OMG I have a shirt that says I am silently correcting your grammar! I feel for you :)

message 35: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 1 comments Hi my name is Alexis! I like to read manga's and a lot of paranormal and historical fiction. I am super excited to be in this group and I am glad the other Alexis invited me. Another one of my passions is drawing.

message 36: by Maeve (new)

Maeve Maher | 1 comments Hey All! I'm Maeve I live in the US, I am 14 almost 15 and I love WW2 history books, greek mythology is my specialty, but also but a bunch of young adult books! So glad to join!

message 37: by Maddie/Art3mis (new)

Maddie/Art3mis | 1 comments Hey! I'm Maddie, or Em, and I'm sixteen. I love to read (clearly), sing, dance, act, and play guitar. I'm a huge nerd, especially for math and books, and I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi myself :) I'm excited to join the group and get to know you all!

message 38: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Why Hello newww members!! <3 so glad you all joined, don't forget to vote on the March group read poll!!
@Maddie/Art3mis @Maeve @Alexis

message 39: by Autumn (last edited Feb 21, 2017 08:27AM) (new)

Autumn Slaght Hello! My name is Autumn, I'm a teenager, perhaps an older one, but a teenager nonetheless and my country of origin is the USA. :) I'm a published author and aspiring musician. My favorite genres? Well, I love reading Christian inspiration fiction like Karen Kingsbury and people along those lines, but I'd have to say my other favorite genre is Christian non-fiction, books written by Dannah Gresh or Sarah Mally, especially. ^.^

message 40: by Ralitsa (Scott) (new)

Ralitsa (Scott) (ralitsaurukova) Hi, guys. I'm Ralitsa, currently I'm 19. I love everything about books, obviously- their smell, their covers, their EVERYTHING. I'm a junkie about Cassandra Clare. So don't get suprised if I talk about her series like Non Stop. So happy to be here.

message 41: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Ralitsa (Scott) wrote: "Hi, guys. I'm Ralitsa, currently I'm 19. I love everything about books, obviously- their smell, their covers, their EVERYTHING. I'm a junkie about Cassandra Clare. So don't get suprised if I talk a..."

soo nice to meet you!! <3

message 42: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Autumn wrote: "Hello! My name is Autumn, I'm a teenager, perhaps an older one, but a teenager nonetheless and my country of origin is the USA. :) I'm a published author and aspiring musician. My favorite genres? ..."

hello hello <3 hope you enjoy this group!

message 43: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Slaght Thank you so much!! :) This looks like a really great group so far from what I've seen. :)

message 44: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Autumn wrote: "Thank you so much!! :) This looks like a really great group so far from what I've seen. :)"

thank you so much, it means a lot to me! <3

message 45: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Slaght Of course! It's true after all, :)

message 46: by Mariam (new)

Mariam (thefairyhunter) I'm Mariam and I love reading fantasy and sci-fi (although I read almost every genre). I'm also a martial artist, a pianist, and an indoor rock climber!

Can't wait to get to know you guys! :)

message 47: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Mariam wrote: "I'm Mariam and I love reading fantasy and sci-fi (although I read almost every genre). I'm also a martial artist, a pianist, and an indoor rock climber!

Can't wait to get to know you guys! :)"

Welcome Mariam!  <3

message 48: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Slaght *waves* Hi Mariam! It's good to meet you! I can't wait to get to know you either!

message 49: by Aneta (new)

Aneta | 1 comments Hello Everyone

I would like to invite you to visit my blog where I review books. Hope you will enjoy the reading.

https://anopenbookbyaneta.wordpress.com

All the best
Aneta

message 50: by Ramona (new)

Ramona (monakersch) | 2 comments Skyril wrote: "Hullo, I'm Skyril ~cough~sorrynotateenager~cough~

I'm a pluviophile!..."

Skyril, I can't believe I found another pluviophile/writer who corrects people's grammar, watches way too many movies/shows, and likes to bake!! That's totally awsome! ♥

« previous 1