What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book about siblings who move to the country, only to discover the place is haunted by children who died earlier

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stace (new)

Stace mcphee (stace_a) | 1 comments Hi!

I'm trying to remember this book, I think it's around 40 years old, about a brother and sister who move to the country (England) and discover there are ghosts living in their mansion. They eventually make friends with the ghosts and travel back in time to find out what happened to them, and attempt to alter the past.

I'm pretty sure the word ghost was in the title.

message 2: by Angela (last edited Feb 05, 2017 09:04AM) (new)

Angela | 425 comments The Ghosts by Antonia Barber? Apparently the book was also later republished under the title The Amazing Mr. Blunden.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments The Children of Green Knowe? by Lucy Boston.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
The Children of Green Knowe by L.M. Boston - Kelly's suggestion

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Or it could be The Snow Ghosts by Beryl Netherclift. (the scholastic paperback was retitled The Snowglobe or The Snowstorm, which is why I didn't think of it right away.)

Three siblings, Caroline, Kit and Richard stay with an aunt in England. She's about to lose her house due to not being able to pay taxes, and the kids start slipping back in time, meeting a young ancestor who helps them find a hidden treasure. The time slips are tied into a snowglobe of the house being shaken.

message 6: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments Poor Tom's ghost

Author: Jane Louise Curry
Publisher: New York : Atheneum, 1977.
Edition/Format: Print book : Fiction : Juvenile audience : English : 1st edView all editions and formats
Database: WorldCat
Summary:
When they inherit a house built in 1603, a contemporary London family is drawn into a real Shakespearian tragedy.
Rating:
(not yet rated) 0 with reviews - Be the first.
Subjects
Time travel -- Fiction.
London (England) -- Fiction.
Time travel.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
The Snow Ghosts by Beryl Netherclift - Kelly's suggestion

Poor Tom's Ghost by Jane Louise Curry - bookel's suggestion

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Stace, are you still looking for this or did you find it?