Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Need assistance with roles and combining editions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madis (new)

Madis | 4 comments Hello,

this is my first time requesting assistance here, so I hope everything is correct and understandable.

Yesterday I added Oswald Spengler "Õhtumaa allakäik", but absent-mindedly I included dashes to the roles and cannot remove them. I can access the edit details page, but can't edit roles or delete and re-add authors.

The book is a facsimile reissue of Õhtumaa allakäik. That one, however, is not a full translation of Spengler's opus magnum, but a 100-page precis/summary, so I understand this should not be listed as an edition of Der Untergang des Abendlandes, but a separate title with the author of the precis, Leonhard Vahter, as the main author -- and the title I added yesterday as its reissue?

One more thing: the given name of the compiler Vahter is Leonhard. "Lauri" is a mistake.

See ESTER (catalogue of major Estonian libraries):

http://www.ester.ee/record=b1161952 (1940 original)
http://www.ester.ee/record=b4538875 (2016 facsimile)

This is quite confusing, but I hope I described the problem good enough.

message 2: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments I corrected the roles.
As for the rest, what you did makes sense to me. I think it might help to add a description of what it is, i.e. a facsimile reissue of a precis of Der Untergang des Abendlandes

message 3: by Madis (new)

Madis | 4 comments Apologies, found I never got back with this one.

So if Õhtumaa allakäik indeed does not belong with full versions of Der Untergang des Abendlandes, can somebody with the necessary powers make this edition a separate title and my addition its edition?

message 4: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments You are correct, I made it so and combined the original and the new edition. You could do this yourself, these are all librarian privileges

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13532 comments David wrote: "You could do this yourself, these are all librarian privileges"

Madis is not a librarian :)

message 6: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Must have been temporary blindness :)