YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Paris for One and Other Stories
This topic is about Paris for One and Other Stories
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Paris for One and Other Stories by Jojo Moyes - Restarting May 19th 2017

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82707 comments Mod
From the #1 "New York Times" bestselling author of "Me Before You" and "After You," a sensational collection featuring the title novella and eight other stories. Quintessential Jojo Moyes, "Paris for One and Other Stories" is an irresistibly romantic collection filled with humor and heart.
Nell is twenty-six and has never been to Paris. She's never even been on a romantic weekend away to anywhere before. Everyone knows travelling abroad isn't really her thing. But when Nell's boyfriend fails to show up for their romantic mini-vacation, she has the opportunity to prove everyone including herself wrong. Alone and in Paris, Nell uncovers a version of herself she never knew existed: independent and intrepid. Could this turn out to be the most adventurous weekend of her life? Funny, charming, and irresistible, "Paris for One"is vintage Moyes as are the other stories that round out the collection."

Paris for One
Between the Tweets
Love in the Afternoon
A Bird in the Hand
Crocodile Shoes
Holdups
Last Year's Coat
Thirteen Days with John C.
The Christmas List

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I finished the first story, Paris for One.
It was good, but I was bit frustrated with (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Ok, so I know I said I'll read only one per day, but I cheated and also read Between the Tweets (really liked that one (view spoiler) ) and Love in the Afternoon (I have a feeling that tomorrow I won't even know what it was about, that's how dull to me it was).

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I read another 3 stories.
Bird in the hand was okay but if I'm honest, I don't see the point to it.
I LOVED Crocodile Shoes. Best story in this collection so far!
Holdups was the worst short story ever.

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I just finished Honeymoon in Paris and that one was the best story yet. Emotionally engaging. I think I would appreciate it even more if I read Moyes' novel that is connected to this story.

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Just read the last four stories. The Christmas List was my favorite.

Cinthia | 5671 comments I'm still gonna do this. I gotta do it some time today.

message 8: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5313 comments I'll give this one a try.

message 9: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 19th of May 2017

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Kirsty | 1332 comments Paris for One: (view spoiler)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Between the Tweets: (view spoiler)

Love in the Afternoon: (view spoiler)

Bird in the Hand: (view spoiler)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Crocodile Shoes: (view spoiler)

Holdups: (view spoiler)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Honeymoon in Paris: (view spoiler)

Last Years Coat: (view spoiler)

Thirteen Days with John C: (view spoiler)

Margot: (view spoiler)

Kirsty | 1332 comments The Christmas List: (view spoiler)

Finished: (view spoiler)