Our Shared Shelf discussion

Book Suggestions > LGBTQ+ Book Suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorelai (new)

Lorelai Berry (lorelai_raven) | 31 comments Hey fellow feminists!
I am looking for some good LGBTQ+ books (more on the LGB side than the T side, but I'm open to all!) Does anyone have any good suggestions for me?
Thanks everyone!

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Tane | 5 comments I am interested in exploring more books in that area as well. My favorite one so far is "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe" by B.A. Sáenz. It follows the friendship between two young boys which eventually turns out to be more than what they thought. I've grown attached to the characters. They seem very realistic and unique in their own way. It's also a story about family and most importantly about discovering ( and accepting ) yourself and the mysteries of the world around you. The writing is absolutely stunning from the beautiful simplistic prose to the lively dialogue.
I thoroughly recommend it!

message 3: by Gerd (new)

Gerd | 428 comments I'm just going to throw out the obvious:
Annie on My Mind, by Nancy Garden; loved that story so much.

message 4: by Laure (new)

Laure | 390 comments A graphic novel: "Blue is the warmest color", by Julie Maroh (published by Arsenal Pulp Press).

message 5: by trisha!! (new)

trisha!! (izzyy) | 7 comments The art of being normal :) really good book

message 6: by Coline Lulu (last edited Feb 16, 2017 12:52AM) (new)

Coline Lulu (colinelulu) | 49 comments "Almost like Being in love" I read it earlier this year and I really enjoyed it :)

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 1 comments All Through the night by Suzanne Brockmann. Love Robin and Jules :)

message 8: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (dayhjs) | 1 comments Maurice by E.M Forester. Really good book set during the Edwardian time.

message 9: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (pebbles320) I'm reading the Miseducation of Cameron Post at the moment, well worth reading.

message 10: by Monical (new)

Monical | 12 comments For YA, "Trying so hard to hear you" captures what it was like when most of us felt we had to be in the closet. Its a bit dated, but a good book. The classic, in my mind, is "Rubyfruit Jungle," also set in a similar era. Funny, sad, and well-written. I also enjoyed "Patience and Sarah" another classic.

message 11: by Jule (new)

Jule (beautifulletters) | 16 comments tricia wrote: "The art of being normal :) really good book"

I second that.. :)
I also really loved „The Price of Salt“/„Carol“ which is kind of a classic. It's said to have been the first lesbian novel that didn't end in misery, but instead had a rather hopeful ending. I would totally recommend that one (and the movie is beautiful as well)!