What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Middle grade/YA about a girl who travels to some other world where she encounters a half-ghost boy and other weird characters. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (spaceandlines) (spaceandlines) | 4 comments I read this book quite a few years ago, at least 7-10 ish, and it was really weird but i dont remember the name of the book at all.

Its about a girl who goes into some parallel universe (or something, not too sure the exact details), and shes trying to get out. On her way, she runs into a boy who's a half-ghost, which means he can kinda walk through things, but its slow-going when he does. I vaguely also remember some part about abandoned umbrellas that attack people and bees controlling the phone lines or something. At some point, she also meets a king that can create little creatures by speaking. She introduces the word "diss" to him and he creates a new little creature and he lets them go.

It's a really weird book, I know, and I thought that since there were so many quirkly details I'd be able to google it and find it, but I couldn't, so here I am.

Thanks!

message 2: by Martini (new)

Martini (shakenorstirred) | 212 comments This should be the wonderful Un Lun Dun by China Miéville.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (spaceandlines) (spaceandlines) | 4 comments Oh yes!! Thank you!!! :)

message 4: by Martini (new)

Martini (shakenorstirred) | 212 comments Glad to help. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Un Lun Dun (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

China Miéville (other topics)