EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA discussion

River (A Stranger in the Woods, #2)
This topic is about River
A Stranger in the Woods > River - Within the Pages

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
This is the section where we will post blurbs, teasers, book cover explanations, and general information about River by India R. Adams!

message 2: by India (new) - added it

India Adams (indiaradams) | 571 comments Mod
I probably shouldn't be sharing this so early but it is hard to not get excited! Working on River makes me do wiggle dances in my desk chair!
So, what can a tiny niblet of River hurt, right?
Unless I keep sharing... I will try to contain myself.

RIVER excerpt 1:

With his head bowed, a cloaked demon comes out from behind a tree. My spine flattens against the tree trunk, pathetically hoping to blend into nature and disappear but recognition of which demon this is exactly has me slipping into despair. The one and only time I’ve ever seen this fowl being was in my nightmare, the night he forced my body into labor.
King’s head rises... He’s looking directly at me, grinning. “Hello, dear Rose.”
I wrap my arms around Rain, almost whimpering, “No.”

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments India R. Adams wrote: "I probably shouldn't be sharing this so early but it is hard to not get excited! Working on River makes me do wiggle dances in my desk chair!
Unless..."

Eeeeeekkkk!!!!

Angel  (angel_b) | 5 comments Omg you didn't? Ack you did! So not nice Mrs Adams. But EEEEKKKKKKK. I so need this. Like yesterday please.

message 5: by India (new) - added it

Sarah-Jane wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "I probably shouldn't be sharing this so early but it is hard to not get excited! Working on River makes me do wiggle dances in my desk chair!
So, what can a tiny niblet of Ri..."

LOL! Yay!

message 6: by India (new) - added it

Angel wrote: "Omg you didn't? Ack you did! So not nice Mrs Adams. But EEEEKKKKKKK. I so need this. Like yesterday please."

I know! I did it! Bad author! Bad!
But, I'm in River today and this whole scene is yummy! I want to share the WHOLE THING!

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments India R. Adams wrote: "Angel wrote: "Omg you didn't? Ack you did! So not nice Mrs Adams. But EEEEKKKKKKK. I so need this. Like yesterday please."

But, I'm in River today and this whole..."

And we want to read it!!! :) :) But a teaser is good!

Angel  (angel_b) | 5 comments Oh i agree with Sarah-Jane. Lots of teasers starting with page one and just continue a page at a time from there. Yes. Yes that's good.

message 9: by India (new) - added it

Angel wrote: "Oh i agree with Sarah-Jane. Lots of teasers starting with page one and just continue a page at a time from there. Yes. Yes that's good."

Sarah-Jane wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "Angel wrote: "Omg you didn't? Ack you did! So not nice Mrs Adams. But EEEEKKKKKKK. I so need this. Like yesterday please."

But, I'm in Riv..."

I think you ladies are in to something. I might have to give ya more teasers, one form each chapter of course, lol

Jessica Smith | 5 comments It's so good it's almost unbearable! I want to read it right now! Haha

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatR) | 13 comments India R. Adams wrote: "I probably shouldn't be sharing this so early but it is hard to not get excited! Working on River makes me do wiggle dances in my desk chair!
Unless..."

GAHHH! I can't decide if you're really nice or really ornery for sharing a tiny taste! More, more, more!

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments India R. Adams wrote: "Angel wrote: "Oh i agree with Sarah-Jane. Lots of teasers starting with page one and just continue a page at a time from there. Yes. Yes that's good."

Sarah-Jane wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "Ang..."

You should! :)

message 13: by India (new) - added it

Jessica wrote: "It's so good it's almost unbearable! I want to read it right now! Haha"

Thank you!
I always go through these stages of, "Is this book good? What if they don't like River as much as Rain? Am I talking to myself, again?" But then I read a chapter and get that flutter in my belly. I smile creeps across my face and think, "THEY MIGHT REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER!" especially because the last chapter just explained what is actually happening! Sorry, babbling again...

Hey, Jessica, there is an ARC sign up list in this folder. Sign up if ya like :)

message 14: by India (new) - added it

Kat wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "I probably shouldn't be sharing this so early but it is hard to not get excited! Working on River makes me do wiggle dances in my desk chair!
So, what can a tiny niblet of Ri..."

Hahahaha... A little of both?

message 15: by India (new) - added it

Sarah-Jane wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "Angel wrote: "Oh i agree with Sarah-Jane. Lots of teasers starting with page one and just continue a page at a time from there. Yes. Yes that's good."

Sarah-Jane wrote: "Ind..."

Okay, you guys talked me into it. My arm is soar from all the Cyber twisting *wink*. I will go find another harmless snibit. Be back in a bit! (I am scurrying away while squealing with excitement...)

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments India R. Adams wrote: "Sarah-Jane wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "Angel wrote: "Oh i agree with Sarah-Jane. Lots of teasers starting with page one and just continue a page at a time from there. Yes. Yes that's good."

Sar..."

Awesome!!

message 17: by India (new) - added it

Okay, here's a playful excerpt (unedited):

RIVER, the second novel in A Stranger In The Woods series

Ryder's (POV):

Blaze jogs around a tree. “Ryd, how behind are you on sleep?”
Gunner comes out to the porch but after catching a glimpse of Blaze, he stumbles back, covering his eyes. “Dude! Why are you naked?”
“My female likes it this way in the middle of the morning? We sleep naked, half-breed.”
Gunner studies me in my pants.
I growl. “I am denied this option because Rose thought it would make you uncomfortable.”
“Damn straight. I don’t need to snuggle to Rose and accidently get a hand full of elf balls.”
Chase walks up, scratching his rear-end. “Why are we talking about Ryder’s balls instead of sleeping?”
Gunner recoils again. “Dude! Clothes!”
Chase moves the scratching to his organ. “Why? You see me naked every time we bath together.”
Gunner’s jaw dislocates. “We do not ‘bath’ together. Okay? Like the men we are we—”
“Frolic in the lake together?” teases Blaze.
“Piss off, One Hung Low.”
Blaze examines his organ, “One hung, what?”

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatR) | 13 comments Holy hilarious, bat man! can't wait for the rest!

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Love it!!

message 20: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Omg India

message 21: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

That's hilarious! :') Cannot wait to read it!

message 22: by India (new) - added it

Final Four kills me :)

Angel  (angel_b) | 5 comments You're killing me. I'm gonna love it!
How fast can you type? Can you have it ready in like 10 mins? Please.....

message 24: by India (new) - added it

Angel wrote: "You're killing me. I'm gonna love it!
How fast can you type? Can you have it ready in like 10 mins? Please....."

I can type quite fast but not "all done in 10 minute" kind of fast, lol! But... I'm posting another seat peek. That help?

message 25: by India (new) - added it

I am apologizing in advance. This sneak peek may leave you wanting answers... Oh who am I trying to kid? I want you guys riled and angry with me! That way I know you like!

This excerpt is from the novel River, the second novel in the A Stranger in the Woods series.

Rose's POV:

I ask, “Do you know your fated one?”

He nods. “I do. And I will treasure her… when the time comes.”

My lips curve on their own. “I believe you.”

Cradling my young, he stands and sways. “She likes movement.”

Rain sings out comforted coos.

Her sounds make my insides melt in relief. “Makes sense. She is always strapped to someone on the go.”

The young man sighs. “She is a breath of fresh air.” He walks to the cave entrance. “Just like this cool evening air.” He stares into the night. “May the Princess of the Guardian Warriors succeed.”

“Won’t that wish get you in more trouble with King?”

“Yes.” He inhales then blows out a weighted breath. “But it is awful where Ryder is.”

The lie is gone and reality slams into my chest, paralyzing me.

“At least if I join him, my leader will not be alone.” He peers down and smiles. “Yes, a breath of fresh air, indeed.”

Gathering strength from my daughter, Ince purposely provokes King so he can join my mate, in torture. I’ve never been thankful for someone’s impending suffering, until tonight.

message 26: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...HHHHHHHH...HHH
That is a continuous, long lasting scream

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments India R. Adams wrote: "I am apologizing in advance. This sneak peek may leave you wanting answers... Oh who am I trying to kid? I want you guys riled and angry with me! That way I know you like!

This excerpt is from the..."

So many questions!! :) :)

message 28: by India (new) - added it

Catherine wrote: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...HHHHHHHH...HHH
That is a continuous, long lasting scream"

So.... you is happy? lol! Screams of joy? Or have I successfully TORTURED YOU!!!!!!

message 29: by India (new) - added it

Sarah-Jane wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "I am apologizing in advance. This sneak peek may leave you wanting answers... Oh who am I trying to kid? I want you guys riled and angry with me! That way I know you like!

T..."

Yayyyyy!!!!!
I thought that one wasn't so nice, lol!

message 30: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

India R. Adams wrote: "Catherine wrote: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...HHHHHHHH...HHH

So.... you is happy? lol! Screams of joy? Or have I successfully TORTURED YOU!!!!!!"

Torturous human you are!

message 31: by India (new) - added it

Catherine wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "Catherine wrote: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...HHHHHHHH...HHH

So.... you is happy? lol! Screams of joy? Or have I successfully TORTURED YOU..."

My job is done.

message 32: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

India R. Adams wrote: "Catherine wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "Catherine wrote: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...HHHHHHHH...HHH

So.... you is happy? lol! Screams of joy? Or have I success..."

NONONONO, you are not done! Keep writting!

message 33: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatR) | 13 comments India R. Adams wrote: "I am apologizing in advance. This sneak peek may leave you wanting answers... Oh who am I trying to kid? I want you guys riled and angry with me! That way I know you like!

This excerpt is from the..."

Wow. Ornery. Downright ornery. Torture? for Ryder? gahhhhh! the suspense and agony!!!!!!!

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Catherine wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "Catherine wrote: "India R. Adams wrote: "Catherine wrote: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...HHHHHHHH...HHH

So.... you is happy? lol! Screams of..."

I agree: keep writing! We want to read it ALL!!!

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) I need to sign up for an ARC or when can I pre-order? I've read all the way down through message 34 and am dying to read River

message 36: by India (new) - added it

Vicki wrote: "I need to sign up for an ARC or when can I pre-order? I've read all the way down through message 34 and am dying to read River"

So exciting!
Unfortunately, I don't have a preorder fate yet but I will be sure to post as soon as I have more of an idea :) But I just finished it, so, soooon!

Angel  (angel_b) | 5 comments ^^^^ Bangs head against the keyboard. Whilst rocking back and forth muttering "Need more. Need lots more"

message 38: by India (new) - added it

Angel wrote: "^^^^ Bangs head against the keyboard. Whilst rocking back and forth muttering "Need more. Need lots more""

I just spit out my hot tea, hahaha...

message 40: by India (new) - added it

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "dammit adams..."

This seems to be a recurring phrase, lol! LOVE IT!

message 41: by India (new) - added it

A little teaser that warms my heart because, well, Ryder is hot like that :)

RYDER:

One of the most beautiful qualities of my little delicate human is that her appearance is a façade. Every time I think she needs my protection—my guidance—I am humbled and apologetic, learning it is I who should follow her lead—her strength—because it is endless.

message 42: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

India R. Adams wrote: "A little teaser that warms my heart because, well, Ryder is hot like that :)

RYDER:

One of the most beautiful qualities of my little delicate human is that her appearance is a façade. Every time ..."

India R. Adams wrote: "A little teaser that warms my heart because, well, Ryder is hot like that :)

RYDER:

One of the most beautiful qualities of my little delicate human is that her appearance is a façade. Every time ..."

*SWOON*

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments dammit ryder... why do you have to be like this? i'm going to have a tough time finding a boyfriend if you keep writing these great characters, India. You're making my expectations too high! lol

message 44: by India (new) - added it

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "dammit ryder... why do you have to be like this? i'm going to have a tough time finding a boyfriend if you keep writing these great characters, India. You're making my expectations too high! lol"

Mr Ryder even shows a little edgy side in this novel. May be just my opinion but I say that makes him even better ;)
Don't worry, girl! You'll find your mystical creature! He just may show up as a super sweet guy who will own your heart.

message 45: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haha @Anna we can both cry about our high expectations together, and then beg India to make Ryd and Mav real for us <3

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments Catherine wrote: "Haha @Anna we can both cry about our high expectations together, and then beg India to make Ryd and Mav real for us <3"

And a Rocco! I wanna Rocco too! lol Do you think that we could make those life sized cardboard cutouts of them? ;)

message 47: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Haha @Anna we can both cry about our high expectations together, and then beg India to make Ryd and Mav real for us

And a Rocco! I wanna Rocco too! lol Do you think that we coul..."

Totally! Ohhh INDIA *in singsong voice* we want cutouts LOL!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments Catherine wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Haha @Anna we can both cry about our high expectations together, and then beg India to make Ryd and Mav real for us

And a Rocco! I wan..."

Yes! Supply the life size cutouts or we riot at dawn. lol

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments India, your time is up. Ready, Cat? lol ;)

message 50: by India (new) - added it

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "India, your time is up. Ready, Cat? lol ;)"

Oh, hell! I missed a deadline! Don't riot! I'm here—but I have no life size cutouts—so carry on.

First, of course Anna wants a Rocco.
Second, I think you two are brilliant! We need these! Got any free models in mind? I will rub on Ryder's glowing shapes (Did I say that out loud?)

« previous 1

EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

River (other topics)