EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA discussion

Steal Me (Haunted Roads #1)
This topic is about Steal Me
Haunted Roads > Steal Me - Within the Pages

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
This is the section where we will post blurbs, teasers, book cover explanations, and general information about Steal Me by India R. Adams!

message 2: by India (new) - added it

India Adams (indiaradams) | 571 comments Mod
Here's some "inside" info. Nobody has told me that they recognize the cover of Steal Me from inside the book.
Well, here it is!
Simple? Yes, But so meaningful to me. I'll tell you why after this scene.

MAVERICK:

I led Lilah out the front door of our school and to my truck. Without uttering a word, I opened the passenger door and helped her in. Lilah stayed as quiet as I did while I drove us to somewhere private; she only scooted closer to me, leaned on my arm, and held my hand. Her cheek rubbed on my shoulder as she watched me with eyes that were asking for something. I kept looking at her while driving, trying to read her needs. I was barely able to keep my eyes on the road, and that only got worse as her hand reached up, softly touching my lips. Taking one hand off my steering wheel, I grabbed those fingers and kissed them, trying to express how I felt about her.
Gentle eyes simply peered up at me as we drove down a deserted dirt road, almost to our destination. When those eyes began to glisten, I was thankful to see the spring Bailey and I had found, and I pulled over next to a huge tree that looked like bent fingers reaching to the sky. Without taking her eyes off me, she slowly unbuckled and faced me. Delilah rose up onto her knees, making her a couple inches taller. Looking down at me, Lilah delicately caressed my face with tenderness as she searched with her eyes. I held still, trying to understand what she was experiencing, what she was seeing.
Then it dawned on me. Kenny. Delilah was trying not to see Kenny.
Gently, I said, “You don’t have to do this.”
A single tear slid from her, and I felt it had come from her very soul. Slowly, I wiped at the tear falling down her cheek and whispered, “It’s okay.” Even though no one was around, Delilah and I were not alone. The ghost of Kenny was haunting her, haunting us.
“I’m sorry,” she almost cried out.
I refused to tell her how she should feel. Delilah had every right to be scared, hurt, sad, and pissed, or whatever she was experiencing, so I spoke of my own feelings. “I’m not.”
She looked surprised. “Why not?”
“Because this is not forever.”
When she started to retreat, I suddenly realized what my words had sounded like. I unbuckled myself and grabbed her arm. “Will you hear me out?”
She stopped pulling away.
“I didn’t mean you and I are not forever. I meant, what you’re going through is not forever. A day is going to come when Kenny is not in your every thought. Look, I never knew him, but I’m guessing he was a huge part of your world.”
She nervously nodded.
“I won’t try and compete with that. I won’t try to be him. I’m my own man, baby, so know that’s all I’ll be for you. I will be me, and I will leave your past behind you. And if that past is something you want to talk about, or if it’s sneaking up on you, I’ll stand by your side till that shadow of a memory fades again, because… it won’t be forever.” I reached out and touched her soft cheek. “Someday, Lilah, you’re gonna be free of what’s trying to keep a strong hold on your future.”

Did you catch the cover?

The reason it is so special to me is because the tree is on the dirt road that my family and I take to the lake that I float in, every weekend during the summer. A little piece of me, right there for all to see. Thanks for taking the time to read and being a part of something so important to me.

message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
India wrote: "Here's some "inside" info. Nobody has told me that they recognize the cover of Steal Me from inside the book.
Well, here it is!
Simple? Yes, But so meaningful to me. I'll tell you why after this sc..."

LOVE the connection to both the book and you <3 Can I officially call dibs on Maverick? *swoons*

message 4: by India (new) - added it

Catherine wrote: "India wrote: "Here's some "inside" info. Nobody has told me that they recognize the cover of Steal Me from inside the book.
Well, here it is!
Simple? Yes, But so meaningful to me. I'll tell you why..."

Umm... Maverick is proud of the "book boyfriend" line he has forming, but I will ask him.

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments I've just finished and I need to know more!

message 6: by India (new) - added it

Sarah-Jane wrote: "I've just finished and I need to know more!"

Did ya catch the Haunted Road bug?

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Yes. A bit late to the game, but I caught it.