Genre Specific Review Groups discussion

Genre Review Groups > Romance Review Group 5 (completed)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by R. (last edited Feb 11, 2017 12:04AM) (new)

R. Leib | 765 comments Mod
In joining this review group you have agreed to review the novels assigned to you on a two month schedule. This group is now in the review phase and is no longer open for sign up.

This is Romance Review Group 5, which will include all works classified as romances (No erotica, Please). As with other review groups, you will be expected to read and give an honest review of the books assigned to you. Assignments will be made after the group sign-up has filled.

Participants are expected to post reviews to Goodreads. The review should be posted to Amazon (US and UK) as well, if the book is available there. This makes having accounts with both Goodreads and Amazon.com a requirement.

Contact the authors you are scheduled to review to arrange to receive a review copy of their work. Note that Amazon has made a minor change in how reviews are displayed. As long as a review that is not verified as a purchase is recent, it will be displayed on the book's Amazon page. Once it rolls off, it will still be counted in the ranking of the book, but the link to show more reviews has been modified by Amazon to show only reviews that come from verified purchases. Authors may consider gifting their book to assigned reviewers so that they will qualify as verified purchases. Reviewers may bypass this limitation by offering to purchase the books assigned to them. All of this is voluntary. Authors may still provide review copies for free, and reviewers can still post reviews to Amazon that are not from a verified purchase. This change in Amazon policy has no effect on Goodreads.

Please post to this topic, both when you receive review copies and when you post the reviews.

If you are going to be late with your review, either post to this topic as soon as possible or message the author and the moderator.

If your book has not been reviewed by the deadline for either round, contact the review group moderator. This is necessary to make certain that the review process is fair for everyone.

Note that any participant who makes no effort to fulfill his or her commitment to this group will have all reviews of his or her work resulting from this group deleted and his or her membership in the Genre Specific Review Group will be terminated.

THE AUTHORS AND BOOKS ARE:

1 Christy Nicholas - Legacy of Luck Legacy of Luck (The Druid's Brooch, #3) by Christy Nicholas

2 K.T. Munson - Zendar: A Tale of Blood and Sand Zendar A Tale of Blood and Sand by K.T. Munson

3 Sara-Lisa Andersson - Until We Lay Until We Lay (Scandinavian Winter Book 1) by Sara-Lisa Andersson

4 D.C. Triana - Sunset Reads: Damian & Layla Sunset Reads Damian & Layla (Sunset Reads, #2) by D.C. Triana

5 Michelle Lynn - Dreams Dreams (New Beginnings #3) by Michelle Lynn

6 Cecily Wolfe - Throne of Grace Throne of Grace (Cliff Walk Courtships, #1) by Cecily Wolfe

7 J. Saman - Start Over: A Novel Start Over A Novel (Start Again Series #2) by J. Saman

THE ORDER OF REVIEW IS AS FOLLOWS:

February 13 to March 13

Christy Nicholas reviews D.C. Triana
K.T. Munson reviews Sara-Lisa Andersson
Sara-Lisa Andersson reviews Michelle Lynn
D.C. Triana reviews Cecily Wolfe
Michelle Lynn reviews Christy Nicholas
Cecily Wolfe reviews J. Saman
J. Saman reviews K.T. Munson

March 13 to April 13

Christy Nicholas reviews J. Saman
K.T. Munson reviews Christy Nicholas
Sara-Lisa Andersson reviews D.C. Triana
D.C. Triana reviews Michelle Lynn
Michelle Lynn reviews Cecily Wolfe
Cecily Wolfe reviews K.T. Munson
J. Saman reviews Sara-Lisa Andersson

message 2: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments Me, please! I'd love to add Legacy of Luck to this list! A historical romantic adventure with shades of Taming of the Shrew :)

message 3: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 278 comments Hello R.

I'd like to put my romantic fantasy into the group. Zendar: A Tale of Blood and Sand

Thanks!
K.T. Munson

message 4: by Sara-Lisa (new)

Sara-Lisa Andersson I'd like to enter my contemporary romance: Until We Lay

message 5: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Triana (dctriana) | 13 comments Hello R,
please add Sunset Reads: Damian & Layla to the list.
Thank you,
D.C. Triana

message 6: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) I'd like to submit my contemporary romance Dreams.

Thanks! Michelle Lynn

message 7: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) I should let you know that I have already reviewed K.T. Munson's book.

message 8: by Cecily (last edited Feb 07, 2017 07:07AM) (new)

Cecily Wolfe I would love to submit my Christian historical romance, Throne of Grace, for review. It is Christian, so if it is not something that a reader is comfortable with, please don't assign it to them.

I look forward to reading a great romance from this group! I enjoy all romance so I will be happy to read any of the above.

Best,

Cecily

message 9: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments Hello. I would like to submit Start Over. D.C. has already read it.
I have also reviewed Michelle Lynn's Dreams and D.C.'s Damian and Layla. Hope that won't cause a problem!

message 10: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments Here is the link. Sorry. Start Over: A Novel

message 11: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments I just realized that I would make 7. Sorry! I'll wait for the next one then.

message 12: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 278 comments We might need 7 because I've read D.C.'s book and Michelle read mine. I read one of J's but not that one so I could review it.

Just as a heads up I'm not very much into Christian literature. I'd still read it and rate it within the romance genre, but thought I'd point out I may not be the right person to review it.

As always thanks R!

message 13: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments Well, if you need 7, I'd be happy to be that one. Thanks K.T.

message 14: by R. (last edited Feb 07, 2017 01:30PM) (new)

Authors:

We have seven. There seems to be a reason number of conflicts, but we will see if we can generate a valid schedule. If any participant knows of any additional conflict not already noted, please post it in a comment here as soon as possible.

R.

PS: I just did a test schedule. With the seven participants we have and the noted conflicts, we can generate a review schedule.

message 15: by Holly (new)

Holly Blackstone (hollyblackstone) | 2 comments I'd be happy to read either Legacy of Luck or Zendar, although I have read none of the ones I have seen links for.

Thanks! =)
Holly

message 16: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments That sounds great R and thanks for including me in the group.

message 17: by R. (new)

Holly wrote: "I'd be happy to read either Legacy of Luck or Zendar, although I have read none of the ones I have seen links for.

Thanks! =)
Holly"

Did you volunteer a book for this review group? I don't see one, unless you write under another name.

R.

message 18: by Holly (new)

Holly Blackstone (hollyblackstone) | 2 comments Nope, I didn't. I have been meaning to submit one, and forgot we were doing trade offs. =| My bad!

Holly

message 19: by R. (new)

Authors:

We have seven signed up. Please let me know as soon as possible, if there are any conflicts not already noted. I will publish the schedule of review in a day or so.

R.

message 20: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments I've no conflicts with anyo of the above. Thanks!

message 21: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) If you need me to change the book I submitted, I have a new release that no one here has read.

message 22: by R. (new)

Michelle wrote: "If you need me to change the book I submitted, I have a new release that no one here has read."

The book you use for this group is up to you. Until I publish the schedule, you can change your book. As things stand, I can generate a good schedule with the books as they are.

R.

message 23: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) Ok, great! I'll leave it then.

message 24: by R. (new)

Authors:

The schedule of reviews has been posted in the initial comment of this topic. Contact each other to make arrangements for review copies. Please post a comment to this topic, when you receive books and when you post your reviews.

R.

message 25: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 278 comments There is a problem. I read D.C. In another review group. She can't review mine.

message 26: by R. (new)

K.T. wrote: "There is a problem. I read D.C. In another review group. She can't review mine."

Sorry I missed that conflict. The schedule has been redone to correct that. Anyone who has already read the schedule, please reread it; the assignments have changed.

R.

message 27: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Wolfe K.T. wrote: "Hello R.

I'd like to put my romantic fantasy into the group. Zendar: A Tale of Blood and Sand

Thanks!
K.T. Munson"

Hi K.T. - I can read an epub or PDF, or a Nook book. My email is sisterswolfe at gmail.com.

I'm looking forward to reading Zendar!

Best,

Ceci

message 28: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 278 comments There is still a conflict because I read and reviewed J.'s she can't review mine.

message 29: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments Not to be sketchy or anything, but I can post it under a different amazon name if that helps. If you're really against it K.T. then I'm happy to do someone else's.

message 30: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) I received the book from Christy Nicholas.

message 31: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Wolfe I received Start Over from J. - thank you!

message 32: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 278 comments I don't know J. I think that is up to R more than me, but I'm okay with it.

message 33: by R. (new)

J. wrote: "Not to be sketchy or anything, but I can post it under a different amazon name if that helps. If you're really against it K.T. then I'm happy to do someone else's."

Just as long as you post a comment here with the web addresses of the reviews, this has been done before and is no problem.

R.

message 34: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) I received Throne of Grace.

message 35: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments R. wrote: "J. wrote: "Not to be sketchy or anything, but I can post it under a different amazon name if that helps. If you're really against it K.T. then I'm happy to do someone else's."

Just as long as you ..."

I'm good with that if K.T. is. I feel like I can review her book honestly. In fact, I look forward to reading it!

message 36: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments I received Until We Lay

message 37: by Sara-Lisa (new)

Sara-Lisa Andersson And I've got a copy of Dreams.

message 38: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments My review for Damian and Layla are up! I enjoyed that :)

Goodreads
Amazon

message 39: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) My review for Legacy of Luck! I had a lot of fun reading this one. It's also up on amazon.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 40: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments Thanks, Michelle!

message 41: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Wolfe My review for Start Over here on Goodreads (I posted the same on Amazon):

and I forgot to mention that I did receive Zendar.

message 42: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments I received Zender. Sorry for the late post on that.

Thanks so much for the review Cecily!!

message 43: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Wolfe J. wrote: "I received Zender. Sorry for the late post on that.

Thanks so much for the review Cecily!!"

you're welcome - it was a great read!

message 44: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 278 comments Here is my review of Sara-Lisa Andersson's Until We Lay:

Goodreads:

Amazon US:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...

Amazon UK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3712...

A great romance.

message 45: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) Christy wrote: "Thanks, Michelle!"

You're very welcome! I have a thing for that time period in Scotland/Ireland. Outlander turned me onto it and now I can't get enough! lol

message 46: by Sara-Lisa (new)

Sara-Lisa Andersson K.T. wrote: "Here is my review of Sara-Lisa Andersson's Until We Lay:

Thank you so much, K.T. Glad you liked it! :-)

Here is my review of Michelle's Dreams on Goodreads:

Amazon US:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...

Amazon UK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1OF4...

message 47: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 30 comments Here is my review for Until We Lay. I put the same review on amazon. Thanks!

message 48: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) My review of Throne of Grace - also on Amazon.

message 49: by SheReads (new)

SheReads (shereads42) Sara-Lisa wrote: "K.T. wrote: "Here is my review of Sara-Lisa Andersson's Until We Lay:

Thank you so much, K.T. Glad you liked it! :-)

Here is my review of Michelle's Dreams on Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.co..."

I'm so happy you enjoyed it! Thanks so much!

message 50: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Wolfe Michelle wrote: "My review of Throne of Grace - also on Amazon.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Thank you so much for your very detailed review - I'm glad you took a chance on it, and that you liked it.

« previous 1