Around the World in 80 Books discussion

USA Reading Roadtrip Challenge > Teri's 2017 Reading Roadtrip

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teri (new)

Teri | 7 comments Hello fellow travelers! I just discovered the Around the World in 80 Books group and the U.S. Reading Roadtrip challenge. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the resources, but I look forward to the new discoveries. I doubt I'll read my way through the U.S. in a year, but this challenge looks like the place to start.

message 2: by Teri (new)

Teri | 7 comments Georgia: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead. I finished the book and immediately started reading it a second time.

message 3: by Teri (new)

Teri | 7 comments Ohio: Washington County Underground Railroad by Henry Robert Burke. Need some local history to go along with the fiction!

message 4: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 2993 comments Hi, Teri. Welcome to the group. I am doing the Road Trip for the first time. It's fun.

message 5: by Teri (new)

Teri | 7 comments Rosemarie wrote: "Hi, Teri. Welcome to the group. I am doing the Road Trip for the first time. It's fun."

Thanks for the welcome. I'm open to book recommendations for future trips, so feel free to share. I gravitate more towards nonfiction than fiction, and then regional literature when available. Would love to read about Yosemite, Kings Canyon, or Sequoia National Parks this year for CA.

message 6: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 12836 comments Welcome to the challenge, Teri! Enjoy your road trip through the states!

message 7: by Teri (new)

Teri | 7 comments Thanks!

message 9: by Teri (last edited Jun 03, 2017 04:26PM) (new)

Teri | 7 comments Arkansas: Perfect Peace by Daniel Black. Enjoyed the novel, the plot, and the characters. I would have preferred more depth and less span in terms of the years covered.