Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

The Book Jar Challenge 2018 > Roxanne's Book Jar 2017

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roxanne (last edited Dec 07, 2017 11:38AM) (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) So i decided to join in on the fun i will probably never read them all but we will see :D.
I know myself to well i buy a massive amount of books and i wanna read them all but then i can never decide which to start with...
So! this is a great idea for me to get some reading done.

First of all! here is my Book Jar.

Black City (Black City, #1) by Elizabeth Richards Black City by Elizabeth Richards
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Matched by Ally Condie
Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Magic Study by Maria V Snyder
Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton Everneath by Brodi Ashton Read: 06/03/2017
Ironskin (Ironskin, #1) by Tina Connolly Ironskin by Tina Connolly
These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman These Broken Stars by Amy Kaufman
Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1) by Kristen Ashley Wildest Dreams by Kristen Ashley
Gathering Frost (Once Upon a Curse, #1) by Kaitlyn Davis Gathering Frost by Kaitlyn Davis
The Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass The Heir by Kiera Cass Read: 23/07/2017
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
Starflight (Starflight, #1) by Melissa Landers Starflight by Melissa Landers
Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-Jones Wintersong by S Jae-Jones
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey
Doon (Doon, #1) by Carey Corp Doon by Carey Corp
Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1) by Tara A. Fuller Inbetween by Tara A Fuller
Promised (True Mates, #1) by Olivia Arran Promised by Olivia Arran Read: 24/02/2017
The Siren by Kiera Cass The Siren by Kiera Cass
Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
The Jewel (The Lone City, #1) by Amy Ewing The Jewel by Amy Ewing
Servant of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane #1) by Melissa McShane Servent of the Crown by Melissa McShane
Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt Paper Princess by Erin Watt
Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Passenger by Alexandra Bracken Read: 17/11/2017
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater Read: 20/02/2017
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski Read: 16/02/2017
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard Read: 07/02/2017
The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2) by Marie Rutkoski The Winners Crime by Marie Rutkoski
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Wayfarer (Passenger, #2) by Alexandra Bracken Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken
The Crown (The Selection, #5) by Kiera Cass The Crown by Kiera Cass Read: 25/07/2017
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Love the jar and your list has so many I love!

message 3: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Your jar is so pretty and your list is very impressive. There are some books there that I have loved and some I have yet to read. Good luck and have fun. Look forward to seeing what you pick out first.

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments Some really great books on your list, hope you enjoy!

message 5: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Thank you guys ^_^
i'm excited to get started, my hand is itching to dive into the jar tho i really have to read the buddy books first xD

message 6: by BookPusher D (last edited Feb 05, 2017 12:30PM) (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 53 comments I should have made a better looking list like this one! I kinda want to pick from your jar :)

message 7: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) BookPusher D wrote: "I should have made a better looking list like this one! I kinda want to pick from your jar :)"

Hahaha well go ahead! you can always add books
i kept adding books to this list so i had to stop somwhere >.<'

message 8: by Roxanne (last edited Feb 16, 2017 04:12AM) (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) So i finished Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard on the 7th. picked up Heartless by Marissa Meyer yesterday and The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski today for buddy reads.

I have to say Red Queen took me a while to ge into after about 7 chapters it becomes really good then at some point it dies down again. Overall i did like the book but i do hope the next book shows more development. It's worth the read and i will definitely read the whole series.

message 9: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 704 comments Awesome list!

message 10: by Sylvia (new)

Roxanne wrote: "So i finished Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard on the 7th. picked up Heartless by Marissa Meyer yesterday and picked up The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski today both for buddy reads, if they..."

I found it to be the same with Red Queen, took a while to get into. I have yet to read Heartless but I have read The Winner's Curse and so far have loved this series. I just need to finish book 3...Happy Reading!

message 11: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "So i finished Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard on the 7th. picked up Heartless by Marissa Meyer yesterday and picked up The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski today both for budd..."

thanks! i'm having a hard time finding spare time to read atm so i'm gonna be behind on the buddy read on Heartless so i decided to just put it in the jar and focus on Winner's Curse for now (this buddy read is with one other Heartless with 4 others so they won't miss me xD)
i hear alot about this trilogy so i hope i get some spare time tonight to start reading it

message 12: by Sylvia (new)

Roxanne wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "So i finished Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard on the 7th. picked up Heartless by Marissa Meyer yesterday and picked up The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski toda..."

Hope you find the spare time to read...I do know how that feels. I wasn't able to read for months last year and I hated it.

message 13: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "So i finished Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard on the 7th. picked up Heartless by Marissa Meyer yesterday and picked up [bookcover:The Winner's Curs..."

yeah i hate it. sadly i have to type out alot for school and next to that i work xD but i have a late shift this weekend and those are quiet so i hope to get some reading time in it

message 14: by Sylvia (new)

Roxanne wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "So i finished Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard on the 7th. picked up Heartless by Marissa Meyer yesterday and picked up [bookcover:Th..."

Fingers crossed.

message 15: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) So i just finished The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski and i have to say this book dragged me in! it's really good and i enjoyed it.
added the next book to the jar and i can't wait to strt on it!
Now on to Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 695 comments Love your book jar and your list. I have several favorites on that list.

Enjoy :-)

message 17: by Tracy (new)

Roxanne wrote: "So i just finished The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski and i have to say this book dragged me in! it's really good and i enjoyed it.
added the next book to the jar and i can't wait to strt on i..."

Glad you liked the Winner's Curse Roxanne. Hope you enjoy Shiver.

message 18: by Sylvia (new)

Roxanne wrote: "So i just finished The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski and i have to say this book dragged me in! it's really good and i enjoyed it.
added the next book to the jar and i can't wait to strt on i..."

Glad you enjoyed Winner's Curse, it really does keep you interested. As for Shiver, good luck cause I tried desperately to read it long ago and just couldn't get into it. Hope you enjoy it.

message 19: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "So i just finished The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski and i have to say this book dragged me in! it's really good and i enjoyed it.
added the next book to the jar and i can't w..."

Hahaha thanks i hear alot of people about how they don't really liked it so i wonder xD not far in yet but so far there is not much happening xD

message 20: by Sylvia (new)

Roxanne wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "So i just finished The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski and i have to say this book dragged me in! it's really good and i enjoyed it.
added the next book to the ja..."

Yeah, to be honest, I can't remember the bit I even did read lol

message 21: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Finished Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater i have to say i did kinda enjoy it. I do think there wasn't a real strong plot and i wasn't happy about some parts. but it did drag me in and because it caused me having alot of questions unanswered i will continue reading this trilogy

but first! on to Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton

message 22: by Sylvia (new)

Roxanne wrote: "Finished Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater i have to say i did kinda enjoy it. I do think there wasn't a real strong plot and i wasn't happy about some parts. but it did drag me in and because it caused m..."

Ooh, I really liked Everneath...hope you enjoy this read.

message 23: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) it's a bit hard for me getting into the book tbh. so far it's only confusing me what is happening and what has happend xD

message 24: by Sylvia (new)

Roxanne wrote: "it's a bit hard for me getting into the book tbh. so far it's only confusing me what is happening and what has happend xD"

Hmmm to be honest I really can't remember except that I enjoyed it. I have still to read the final book of the series.

message 25: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "it's a bit hard for me getting into the book tbh. so far it's only confusing me what is happening and what has happend xD"

Hmmm to be honest I really can't remember except that I e..."

it is interesting. it does drag me in so far wanting to know what happend, but at the same time it's a bit confusing xD

message 26: by Sylvia (new)

Roxanne wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "it's a bit hard for me getting into the book tbh. so far it's only confusing me what is happening and what has happend xD"

Hmmm to be honest I really can't remember ..."

I totally get what you are saying. Hopefully the confusion will subside.

message 27: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Finished Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton not sure what to think of the book.. it has some nice mythology in it but there wasn't much action, only self loathing really and a love hate feeling for Cole and just loving Jack lol

onto the next book Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken

message 28: by Sylvia (new)

Roxanne wrote: "Finished Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton not sure what to think of the book.. it has some nice mythology in it but there wasn't much action, only self loathing really and a love hate feeling for Cole..."

hmmm, I remember loving Everneath but I read that a long time ago before there was a bombardment of similar stories. I thought it to be different from what I had read before.

message 29: by Tracy (new)

I have had Everneath on my TBR for a while. Maybe I will hold off a little longer.

message 30: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Tracy wrote: "I have had Everneath on my TBR for a while. Maybe I will hold off a little longer."

haha yeah i would do that. there just isn't much action (view spoiler)

message 31: by Tracy (new)

Yeah Roxanne, think I'll wait a little longer.

message 32: by Roxanne (last edited Nov 09, 2017 11:31AM) (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) so i had a break for some time.
started reading again a few weeks ago.
read The Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass and The Crown (The Selection, #5) by Kiera Cass and currently reading Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken .

message 33: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 167 comments I like your jar - very stylish photo as well :-)

Looking over your list, you have lots of things I also want to read!

Completely LOVE the Throne of Glass series.
Thoroughly enjoyed These Broken Stars, Passenger, and The Winner's Curse.
Red Queen and A Thousand Pieces of You were almost 4 stars for me
Thought Starflight and Wintersong were just average, though.

message 34: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Karen wrote: "I like your jar - very stylish photo as well :-)

Looking over your list, you have lots of things I also want to read!

Completely LOVE the Throne of Glass series.
Thoroughly enjoyed These Broken ..."

i heard alot of negative about Wintersong yeah so i wonder what i'll think of it when i get to it.
Red Queen took me some time to get into but the story is really well written :)

message 35: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) Oh man i'm having so many issue's with Passenger been stuck on it for ages >.<

message 36: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) finished Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken currently reading Wayfarer (Passenger, #2) by Alexandra Bracken