#AYEARATHON discussion

February 2017 - Retellings > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1993 comments Mod
How you're reading going?
Are you taking part in the challenge(Books Recommended To You) for this month?

message 2: by ke-sha (last edited Feb 06, 2017 03:08PM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1993 comments Mod
So Day 1 for me so far is as such:
The Cleaner (Born Bratva, #4) by Suzanne Steele Which Fulfills the challenge of a Book Recommended to you.

Pages Read:

How did day 1 of reading go for you?

message 3: by Maija (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments Day 1
I didn't get started on my retellings yet, but I read 73 pages of Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates. I'll start with the theme once I finish this.

Currently reading:
Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates (Phryne Fisher, #1) by Kerry Greenwood
Pages read: 73

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I started Heartless. I'm not sure how I feel about it so far. I have a feeling that I'm not gonna like it nearly as much as Lunar Chronicles. That's not to say its bad, but it might not be as good, but I'm only about 60 pages in so time will tell.

message 5: by Areeba (new)

Areeba books and kids  | 34 comments I started Cinder. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer
I just read 31 pgs, hoping to make better progress once the kids go to bed.

message 6: by Kimberly (last edited Feb 06, 2017 05:43PM) (new)

Kimberly | 138 comments Day 1 i finished cruel beauty and started ]A court of thorns and roses. I can't say i'm into a court of thorns and roses that much yet but i'm only about 50 pages into it.

Currently Reading: A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

TBR: Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer RoseBlood by A.G. Howard

Books finished: Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge

Total Pages Read: 389

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 138 comments Jessica wrote: "I started Heartless. I'm not sure how I feel about it so far. I have a feeling that I'm not gonna like it nearly as much as Lunar Chronicles. That's not to say its bad, but it might..."

I thought that heartless started off slow but I got into it the more i read it. and i do agree that it's not as good as the lunar chronicles but I still ended up liking it :)

message 8: by Aryka (new)

Aryka | 52 comments Currently reading Once Again: Once Upon A Time Omnibus Snow/Beauty Sleep Its Super boring so far

But not as bad as my first book of the day RoseBlood
I really wanted to like this book, but it wasn't for me,

Total Pages Read: 432

message 9: by Luiza (new)

Luiza Riveiro | 9 comments Well, I've read 'The sleeper and the spindle', which is really small. The book is good, but I didn't love it. However, I liked how Neil Gaiman retold the Sleeping beauty's story. I also started to read 'Court of thorns and roses'. As Kimberley, I don't know if I'm into this book either...
Currently reading: Court of thorns and roses

Books finished: The sleeper and the spindle

Total pages read: 141

message 10: by Paget (new)

Paget | 118 comments Day 1

Before I started with retellings, I finished Momo by Michael Ende and I loved this book. It goes straight to my favourites shelf. And I started Cinder but only read the first 2 chapters, I just was to tired and needed a good night sleep.

message 11: by Paget (new)

Paget | 118 comments Day 2

I am still reading Cinder. I read about 20 % of the book. I like it but I think I already figured out how it will end :(.

message 12: by Maija (last edited Feb 07, 2017 04:43PM) (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments Day 2
I finished reading Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates. So tomorrow I can start reading the themed books!

Books read:
Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates (Phryne Fisher, #1) by Kerry Greenwood
Total pages read: 195

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 40 comments I have read about 90 pages of The Girl from Everywhere

message 14: by Erika (new)

Erika | 42 comments Finished Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, just started Requiem because why suffer after a crazy ending like that when I can continue

message 15: by Kimberly (last edited Feb 07, 2017 07:19PM) (new)

Kimberly | 138 comments Day 2:
Still reading a court of thorns and roses... i enjoy parts of this book but feel like other parts are really slow. I was hoping to finish this today but i'm only like 58% and i'm super tired so first thing tomorrow. then i hope to start dorothy must die.

Currently Reading: A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

TBR: Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer RoseBlood by A.G. Howard A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Books finished: Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge

Total Pages Read: 601

message 16: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments Wow, it has been way too long since I've been able to really participate in these readathons! Adulting is hard, guys. It feels good to be back! So here's my progress for the first couple of days.

Currently Reading: Heartless by Marissa Meyer (page 162/449) The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (<---audiobook, 10%)

Finished: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

I really enjoyed Neverwhere. Not even exaggerating here: after i finished reading it I was legitimately mad at myself for letting it sit, unread, on my bookshelf for almost a whole decade. Lol. I mean, its an urban fantasy rendition of Alice in Wonderland. How in the world did I keep putting it off?! This ones definitely going to be reread many many many times. =]

Hopefully I'll have the brainpower to remember to post daily updates for the rest of this week! Between work and helping my roommate who just broke her ankle, my brain tends to be a bit on the frazzled side. Lol.

message 17: by Luiza (new)

Luiza Riveiro | 9 comments I didn't read much yesterday. I'm still reading 'A court of thorns and roses' but I'm thinking in start reading one of the others books of my TBR.

Number of pages read: 181

message 18: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 138 comments Luiza wrote: "I didn't read much yesterday. I'm still reading 'A court of thorns and roses' but I'm thinking in start reading one of the others books of my TBR.

Number of pages read: 181"

I dont blame you. the thought crossed my mind when i was reading it yesterday. honestly if i wasn't reading it for this i would have DNF'd at 58%.